Atomic DPS Loadouts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bombero, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Bombero New Player

Does anyone have any good Atomic DPS Loadouts. Range/Melee?
  2. L T Devoted Player

For Atomic DPS I use

Electron Flare - Atom Smasher - Neutron Bomb - Nuclear Burst - Geiger Blast - Atomic Blast

It's an all-purpose set-up. For mid-range alternate Atom Smasher with Neutron Bomb. For full range use Neutron Bomb and Nuclear Burst. For melee add in Electron Flare and Geiger Blast.

For hard content ditch Geiger Blast for anti-matter bomb, Geiger Beam, or Density. You can also swap in Density while you're building supercharge.
  3. Zarrove New Player

Atom Smasher. Thermochemical Explosion?
  4. L T Devoted Player

TCE doesn't seem to match the DPS of Atom Smasher post revamp. It's faster though, which makes it good for tanking.
  5. Zarrove New Player

Just trying to figure out what Atom Smasher is, can't find an ability with that name.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Oops. Atom Splitter.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

is this a mid ranged/ melee ranged build? Is there a ranged version?
  8. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

is there a more ranged loadout for atomic dps or is it all mid/ melee range?
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's where the fun is, for me at least. This is what I use for elite this past weekend. Your not gonna be top damage from range with atomic. It's just not possible. There is nothing, and I mean nothing good to use for single target.

Nuclear burst and nuclear bomb are the only two combo powers you'll need. I used fortify for the shield, robot sidekick for the dot, proton remedy for self heals, and the 50%SC burst.

The key to this loadout is speed clipping. If you are with a poop troll, slow down on the combos. After your in your aura, you are just gonna go back and forth on the combos. Other combo players will confirm, practice your rotation. If your not comfortable with it, the damage will be low. If you get the speed right on the combos, you should see some pretty good numbers. I ran with a very good nature and muntions dps and kept up very well. The one thing atomic is missing is a great single target move. That REALLY prevents atomic from ever being a top tier power.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree 100% the aoe pull hits very well.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'd still switch out geiger blast for sonic cry. If tested both a lot and cry is more consistent that blast.
  12. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

What is your normal dps rotation?
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Atom splitter which is the aoe pull, beta surge, robot sidekick, electron flare for the aura shortcut, sonic cry, and atomic blast. I don't care for 100% SC. Get the head mod for this, and you'll be able to use it quite often. Great on groups of NPC. If you use it on a boss, but a supply drop first. I've seen crits around 150k.

I play very aggressive and like to be close. This is a melee midrange lo. You'll have to be very active to see good numbers. With combo powers, practice your clipping. People play this power differently, but this is how I run it. In between each combo, you'll want to clip it with sonic cry. If you do it right, you'll the the damage from the last combo hit with sonic cry, but cuts the animation. Also, learn to bunny hop, it helps.
  14. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Ok I have switched to this LO and it seems pretty solid. I hate the fact its mostly melee ranged but its a good LO. TYVM
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It's solid for everything, except elite. Elite you'll just have to stand back and power clip the ranged combos. Ranged/Single target were over looked badly with atomic. It would make 100% sense If it could do the same type of dmg rage can at melee, but it can't.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Yeah it's better unless you have a teammate who applies dazed. Plus it uses less power.

I still like Neutron over Beta though.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It is better. The only reason I use it is the knock down. The range is horrible. It doesn't come into elite, but my normal melee loadout. The small damage loss is worth knocking everything on their butt so my other powers don't get interrupted.
  18. Captain Outrageous New Player