Movies You’d Like To See In The DCEU

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by mattyice, Apr 2, 2018.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Not so much a movie but i always thought that miligan and bachalos shade the changing man would make a great late night show in the vein of true blood, dexter and six feet under.
    • Like x 1
  2. sirzap Well-Known Player

haven't heard anything yet. actors who wants to play batman are jake gyllenhaal and jon hamm.

but here's the thing. the upcoming batman movie by matt reeves is said to be a separate universe. meaning its possible to cast 2 actor, 1 for each universe. assuming the 2 take the role, its a matter of who's who and which-what movie version are they playing.

for me I like jon hamm for the extended universe replacing ben afflect. they got the same built , I might be wrong , as far my eyes can see it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. sirzap Well-Known Player

i agree. that could be a great JL sequel.

its like JL meets Flash Gordon.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

My favorite picks are either Jon Hamm or Jake Gylenhaal.

Hamm might look a better Batman, but Gylenhaal is younger, so I'm gonna pick good ol' Donnie Darko.
    • Like x 1
  5. Helderman Dedicated Player

First: no more Batman

Second: Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Legion of Superheroes, Icon, WildCATs.
    • Like x 1
  6. mattyice Active Player

That's interesting. I haven't heard that it is going to be in a separate universe, I just assumed it would be in the DCEU. Similar to how Marvel has set up their cinematic universe.

But as for the actors, I'd go with the youngest actor. That gives them more time to work on movies without age being a factor. Marvel did that and now age is just becoming a factor, right at the turning point of the movies so it's easy to issue in new characters to replace the old.

I really hope they pick the right guy for the job because Batman is a huge DC character and if the fans don't like the performance he gives in the movie that could be a huge problem in the box office for them... which ultimately means less movies for us.
  7. mattyice Active Player

Interesting picks, any particular storyline for any of them? I know Blue Beetle played a big part in Young Justice and that's the most I've ever read/seen about him. I haven't really gotten into Booster Gold that much so I don't know any of his stories. Haven't heard Wildcats in a while so that could be fun to see.
  8. mattyice Active Player

Posted it in another response but I also said go with the younger actor. Age won't become an issue so soon like it has in the past.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Who do ya'll think would be good for the Joker origin movie? I'm not really feeling it with Joaquin Phoenix.

We need someone younger for the role, and someone who has the acting ability to play Joker.

My choices:

Daniel Radcliffe
    Dane DeHaan
    Logan Lerman
    Timothee Chalamet
    Daniel Kaluyya (if you want someone different)
    Freddie Highmore
    Lucas Hedges
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The guy from the Patient J fan video
    • Like x 1
  11. sirzap Well-Known Player

having a separate universe... for your reference

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...eeves-said-his-film-is-separate-from-the-dceu
    • Like x 1
  12. mattyice Active Player

I wasn't a fan of Jared Leto Joker.. all the tattoos made it seem like he had constant reminders that he was crazy when comic book Joker was always crazy and needed no reminder. Heath Ledger played the role perfectly in my opinion, I don't think anyone will be able to top his performance but we will have to wait and see.

Out of the list you provided, I like Dane DeHaan. I liked Dane in ASM 2, I thought he played Harry Osborn pretty well. While Harry and Joker are very different characters, they have some similarities so he has some basis of what to do.
    • Like x 1
  13. mattyice Active Player

Thank you.

Also, do you think that they would start their own "Batman" universe? Like have Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, etc. in just a standalone universe? I'd say they definitely have the resources to. Batman himself has an extensive rogues gallery, then if you add in the rest of the Bat-family's rogues that's quite a list of possible villains for a movie.

That would takes years to develop but I still feel like it would be cool to see.
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I forget who linked this before, but I have to agree with them.

Best live-action Joker: Paul Matthew Miller “Patient J”

Best animated Joker, of course, is Mark Hamill :)
    • Like x 1
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I forget who linked this before, but I have to agree with them.

Best live-action Joker: Paul Matthew Miller in “Patient J” (just found his name)

Best animated Joker, of course, is Mark Hamill :)
  16. mattyice Active Player

I had never seen "Patient J" before so I was curious as to what that was.. and yes Mark Hamill will always be the best animated Joker. Heath Ledger is my favorite real life Joker and Mark Hamill for the animated Joker.
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Which is why I included Dane in my list. However, I feel like Dane might "overdo" it, like Leto.

Radcliffe would be fantastic too. I might be biased though since I love harry potter...

Logan Lerman is also a fantastic actor. I feel like he would be perfect would the role. Check out his any of his movies and you'll see.

And if DC want to really play safe, than Lucas Hedges and Timothee chalamet would be good choices as well (both Oscar-nominated)
  18. sirzap Well-Known Player

you're welcome.

as far Batman's rogues having their own movie....

Joker Origin Movie starring Joaquin Phoenix.
    https://movieweb.com/joker-origin-movie-joaquin-phoenix-will-it-happen/

again, you're welcome.
    • Like x 1
  19. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I honestly want to see a Superman/Batman team-up movie to make up for BvS, and I want it to be called World's Finest
    • Like x 1