DCUO may or may not be the game for you

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GalaxySniper, Mar 24, 2018.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I think over the past year there have been some clear disagreements about the rout DCUO is going business wise.
    As much as players hate TC's (myself included), whales who spend money on them can literally make up for the majority of players who don't want to spend as much.

So as much as we tell each other to vote with our wallets, whales who maybe the minority, will spend large amount of cash to make up the difference when it come to the players who are unwilling.

So that being said. I don't see TC going away.

Fairness
    Now as much I don't like TC's. I want to talk about fairness of TC's. I think it's been over a yr since TC's been introduced and the Future Crusader TC's hasn't came back yet.
    Personally I thought TC's where going to be like events and come back every year and not like booster bundle Auras where it only for sale for a limited of time then it's gone.

I wanted to wait for a yr so I can really speak on this. And this may irritate some ppl when I say this so I want to be clear.

I don't like TC's but I want to give a fair opinion on TC's and Feat. DCUO have put themselves in a pickle when they attached feats to TC.

Feats should have never been in TC, but since the OG TC have feats in them. DCUO should bring back the OG TC every year so ppl can catch up on those feats.
    And have future TC's with no feat at all.

Cause you cant take away feats from ppl who bought them and you don't want players to have the same style from TC at a later date and not give feat.
    What would really be bad if the OG TC never comeback for new players who are interested in TC to get them.

Ethics
    I feel like players can get away with anything as long as they spend money DCUO will look the other way.
    From sexism, racism to glitching and hacking the game.
    Players can easily get away with this as long as they are paying customers. They're some other thing I have a problem with but unable to say it cause I don't want to get banned.

Don't want to or unable to
    Over the years, players that have come and go had great ideas where DCUO ignored players ideas and feed back.
    Players literally beg DCUO to put certain things in MP and for some reason they will not do it. Even if ppl are willing to spend money on it.

Ppl are still waiting for universal mod removal kit in the MP and still there isn't a response from the devs.

Some ideas that us players have that seem simple seems to be very complicated for DCUO devs. For me as a superhero fan I want feel limitless and not limited.

Evolve
    I'm still waiting for the game to grow and not hit the reset button. Revamp was good. But now it been close to a year and growth from this revamp need to start showing a lil bit more when it come to power variety and stats.

My conclusion

I think I've lowered my personal standards to continue to play this game with a year subscription and a month to month payment over the yrs.

If you guys like this game that's fine. Every player has a preference.

But I had to ask myself as a paying consumer am I playing for ego to catch up with sp or am I happy with the direction of this game ?
    So I came this conclusion
    Why as a consumer who is playing a super hero game that has to pay on a consistent basis have deal with racism, cheaters, hacking that DCUO is unwilling to banned, a game that's want to nickel and dime me to the point it feels p2w.
    Too much of can't do, unable to or don't want to for the game to evolve

I may pay for a month membership sporadically based on content that interest me as a consumer. But I don't see myself buying outside of membership as of now .

As a gamer this is a reality for me. Whales are more important than the majority.

I most likely need to play a game that fit my personal needs
    • Like x 8
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am thinking on going premium and only play the new DLC's in the event tap after my membership expires...
    i would realy like to support the game with my membership, it just feels like i am taken for a fool as member...
    • Like x 3
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? :confused: :confused:

The Future Crusader did make a come back last year with the Resurgence. :eek:
    [IMG]

And it came back again this year with the Resurgence MEGA Capsule. :eek: ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Red Batern Well-Known Player

A lot of what you have to say (which I mostly agree with btw) isn't exclusive to DC, but the online gaming culture. Final Fantasy 14 ARR has a model I really like, but I get no enjoyment out of the game personally. I came back to DC for character customization and the combat.

I think gamers, including myself, are constantly looking for this oasis of an experience. We see what this game does right and that game does right and can imagine in our minds what a "perfect" experience would be, only to be let down with almost every new release.

As far as toxicity, that ship has sailed. The social self and the importance placed on it is a phenomena that is irreversible imo. It will exist everywhere until people are forced to use their real identities which I'm completely opposed too. Combine that, with entitlement, ego, and misrepresentation of anxieties and social.disorders and you have a circular problem impossible to fix.

I say, just enjoy what you can and understand ideas can be perfect, but people will never be. It's about perspective and I'll conclude this with one of my favorite quotes:

"You can be sad that rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses." ~ Abraham Lincoln
    • Like x 6
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

good to know. ty 4 the info.
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

E
    Well i know i despise its current route.
    • Like x 1
  7. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Totally agree. My mind set now is not to give my opinion on how a game can be better, but look for a game that fit my preference
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's totally fine.

However, what you're likely to discover it what just about everyone who has played multiple MMOs discovers: every game has pros and cons. DCUO has literally dozens upon dozens of styles available for free in game, and customization options that are awesome. 14 different powersets with individual flair are nothing to sneeze at. Tons and tons of content is a big plus too.

The troll role is a major letdown. The entire feat system for me is a fail. There's not enough attention given to making alts fun to play either.

Other MMOs? Well, maybe you're looking for something where raids are filled with punishing mechanics that require split-second timing with a group in TeamSpeak. The tradeoff is usually very little content, comparatively (1-2 raids a year, 2 or 3 4-man releases, 1 open world, etc.) per expansion. Some MMOs have straight-up purchases on the MP, but usually don't have a very wide selection of outfits for customization. Others let you get everything you want for totally free just by playing the game, but then have very prominent p2w marketplace items that give players who buy a significant advantage in pvp and pve.
    • Like x 6
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Let me put this in game terms...

Big Supercharge Burst < sustainable DoT. Because business is not a Boss Fight. It's a grind.

If you can absolutely demonstrate the existence of a small minority of players who single-handedly keep DCUO rolling, as opposed to the demonstrable core of subscribers, your argument will have merit.

TCs were intended to reappear. They do, occasionally. There are still OG TCs on the broker. All the tradeables from the OG TCs are on the broker... There is nothing from the OG TC that has Feats attached that is no longer tradeable...I'll give / sell you 50 myself if you like...

Again: Broker.

Now *this* I can get behind. What's missing from DCUO is in-game moderators, and in-game techs. It shouldn't take a player report to get action, it should be a simple /tell to an online mod. Likewise, it shouldn't take a day to get a stuck NPC fixed in a phase.

It's useful to remember that whatever you suggest to the Devs gets run through the rest of the business before it comes back down to them as something to implement. Some stuff doesn't make it, either because it can't be done, Sony doesn't like it, Microsoft doesn't like it, or the cost/benefit ratio isn't working (too much work for too little gain). The Devs *only make what they can*. The Devs *are not in control*. And yet *The Devs get all the grief*

I'm surprised. The standard, difficulty, and overall quality of DLC has been A++ IMO since the revamp.

Stay, mate. Just out of the pit with the racists, the sexists, and the general wankers. Run with a League that will share the TC collections etc. in the League bank. Sounds like you've pugged too long, and didn't know there are alternatives :(.
    • Like x 1
  10. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I think I found a game to my liking. Which is warframe. I love their raids but they took it out sadly. I love the complexity of mods.
    I don't mind supporting the game financially either.

It's not perfect but it's evolving. And I like how some of there frames relate to Anime
    • Like x 2
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

DCUO is far from perfect. What it lacks, it lacks, but what it has is what makes it head and shoulders above any other superhero game.
    It has a loyal playerbase because it is a *Superhero* game, and a DC property Superhero game, and I have failed to find another MMO that has this kind of combat.

If you're not particularly into Superheroes as a basis for an MMO, or you prefer Marvel, there are other MMOs. If you want the hands-down best PvE Superhero game on the market, you're already here.
    • Like x 4
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Don't care for DCUO as much as I did. How you feel about DCUO is how you feel. How I feel about DCUO is how I feel. There is a game for every one.

Warframe to me make up for superhero. It Super hero ninja mixed with a gundam feel to me
  13. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

I liked your post because it's nice to see you deciding that what you need as a gamer just isnt being provided by the game you're playing currently. It's as simple as that and very personal. I too recently re-evaluated my time here with DCUO.

Warframe is very very fun and the support of the game seems to still be alive and profitable for the company.
    Good luck and keep on gaming your way
    • Like x 1
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I would love if future TCs had no feats - but then (contrary to what ppl think) i'd actually prefer they went away for god. I *like* collections etc and I do not think they are as bad as ppl say but, yeah, considering the issues they seem to cause

One *good* these resurgence mega TCs have done is made catch up easier for ppl who have low ingame cash

we have crazy things like 50k crusader shoulders etc etc
    • Like x 2
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

I wasn't trying to convince you. Quite the opposite.

If this game is not for you, then I hope you find one that is, with my absolute wishes that you do find it.
    • Like x 1
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

No worries man. My passion 4 this game has been exhausted. Cant live in the past of how the game was or could've been, and I certainly can't judge players for liking dcuo current state.

I can only control my decision to continue or not continue to support this game. And I hope you continue to love this game.

As for me I fell in luv with the what if's and not the current state for over a year now.

Half my leaguemates are gone now. Most of my friends are gone now. They were the reason why I stayed. Not in to making new friends and joining another league.

But I appreciate my 1st MMO experience from DCUO. I will always cherish that
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I wonder if i can see the time i've spent inside DCUO?
    Someone prompted me to see my game-time for Warframe... 79 days (1906 hours);. hmmmmmm. Gross income : 76 mill. Solar map progress 224 / 227. Missions completed 8,494. Missions quit 448. 33 1st Eidolons killed. Spending 20,000 on relics for Red Veil and Steel Meridian. Am near 20,000 for Perrin Sequence and New Loka, never advance them. Use Red Veil sigil +15% on every warframe. Working through gaining affinity for Focus. It's been slow farming exp for Focus schools. it's ok. it's a slight stat boost in particular scenarios. Am excited for the next planet to fight Corpus instead of Grineer on earth. It's different a damage 2.0 aspect, bring impact weapons and magnetic stat vs Corpus, as opposed to Puncture and Corrosive vs Grineeer. I'm looking forward to fighting the Corpus robot spiders. [IMG]
    Checking if i can see DCUO time in-game.... Can't pull stats from the menu... checked dates on feats.... 3/31/2011

I very recently reinstalled the game. I have a new SSD. Wanted to stack items like I've never been able to stack items in-game before.... and see if i had been hacked. (not hacked)
    Did the things necessary to advance the artifact... to rank 43? meh. I was CR 176 upon install, i got a few boxes i have not opened to get gear, and my CR became 177. F this stupid vertical CR whatever. I'll uninstall soon. Doing the weapon combos, and occasionally powers... in DPS or Controller, is not fun to me.
    • Like x 1
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Let me know when you obtain Octivia. It's one of my fav storyline
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

Griefing about racists and all that stuff can be avoided. Place them on ignore and/or follow my guide at the bottom of my signature. If you continue to run with them, that's your own fault.

If you want some old time capsules, I'll be very kind enough to give you many.

If I were to grief, I would be griefing about not knowing when triple marks weekend is, because right now I'm in California paying my respects to my beloved Aunt. But I'm not griefing. I'm sucking it up.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I understand. I moved on from the griefing and saw bigger pictures over the last year. I hit rock bottom and picked myself back up and now I'm a first time homeowner. Before that I spent three weeks in Houston after Hurricane Harvey hit. I even missed another bonus marks weekend that time too. Now that I think about it, I missed many, many bonus marks weekends.

This is only a game. Life will move on.
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

I tried to come back to the game but the game itself to me has become a superhero version of Neverwinter. There is still no reward for being a member really and there are other MMOs out there with a 15$ price tag that offer more for there members.

With the TC and the amount of skill points in TC which almost reaches the amount of skill points for just doing content if not exceeds that I feel like trying to come back to the game would be a waste of time, not only that but they still have not fixed the balancing issues that I reported over 8 months ago nor have they fixed celestials power cost and electric is still the number 1 healer.

I just cannot support the way the devs are going with this game and I am just patiently waiting for DCUO2 where the neverwinter elements are no where to be found.
    • Like x 2