Looking for some information from higher level Atomic DPS and Rage DPS players

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rebel230, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I have been with the game since beta and take breaks like most. Been back a few weeks and I am really not enjoying hard light right now.

I wanted to know how Atomic dps was now, and also based on some videos is it a more melee/ to mid ranged dps set?

As for rage, it seems its very strong in a melee but how is it in a ranged build? I prefer mid to long range myself.

I have recently tried water and sorcery and I did not really like them. I do like fire on my hero character and I am currently using munitions which is decent but I don't really like using guns as a super powered character.
  2. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Rage range isn't horrible, but you cannot do very well playing it at range exclusively and it's strength is in it's melee. With that said, it is extremely fun to play. It doesn't have the cool constructs like you see in HL, that kinda turns me off a little, but it is REALLY fun to play so I ignore that part lol.

I feel indestructible as a tank, and I feel like a badass in dps. I just wish I didn't have to "throw up" lol. Just seems so weird :confused:
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Atomic and Rage are both good powers. However, I think it comes down to more than just which is the best for dps. Rage has mechanics that is high risk high reward while Atomic is constantly safe zone material. Survivability could go either way but if you are willing to take the risk rage is the better in that regard. Atomic is no slouch either. Defense wise it destroys rage and has Better ability to break out off CC effects. Dps wise Atomic with "Solar Aura" is extremely balanced and can dish out high numbers. Rage again is based on high risk so you can probably pull ahead of atomic a little bit but sacrifice your safety in the process. If you want to be creative with range options and stay at a safe distance while dishing out good damage then Atomic is the way to go for sure. But if you want pure high dps but risk a KD up close to the boss then rage is the perfect choice.

Hope this helps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Thank you for the replies. I will have to go thru some more videos. I do agree the rage ranged skills lack the contracts which is kind of odd. There are not many videos for a pure ranged dps build.

Atomic seems to be more mid ranged then full range but it has some nice animations as well.
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I was in OlyE yesterday with a forum member here, he was Rage, I am Ice. As I dont wanna get banned, I cant name the person here or its stats, I can however say is CR was one lower than me. Im not sure about his SP, but I have maxed Might/Power out, and have up to date Gen and Equipment mods.

Now normally I always top the charts (Im not trying to brag, Im just trying to give you my perspective as a player with his power.) Any run I am in, I almost always top the charts, and if I dont, im right next to it. (Literally) Even though they might have a 228 CR, while I currently have a 224 CR, with only the two OP items from E3. No Owlsuit gear yet.

At the very end of the raid, he had 2m more damage than me. He stayed Melee the ENTIRE fight, and honestly, I was kinda shocked. Only because I have never seen that much damage ahead of me with the same CR/ and maybe the same amount of SP or near it. 2m is alot of damage, and my powers consist of Melee based powers, with heavy hitting powers.

I have since then been in my league hall parsing all day, and no loadout I try, compares to the loadout I currently use.

I can only imagine what it would be like if we had full Elite Gear or Vendor Gear.
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yup that's Rage.
    Muni and Gadgets can dish out out very similar #'s

Ice is solid, but against a top tier rage that can melee..
    It will get blown out. Its weakness is power consumption and its so-so at range.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Yeah I hear a lot that muni is very strong but I am using it right now, and I am 222 with 220 sp and the 195 pieces I have are modded with new justice mods and I don't see it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong with it. On a single test dummy my dps is between 5300 and sometimes as high as 6800dps. In an e3 raid, I usually hit around 6 mill dps with several player at 7 or 8 mill (rage). Maybe I am doing fine it just seems low to me. I think my rotation was shrapnel grenade launcher or flak cannon/ railguns, mini nuke, chain gun with mounted turret and small package as a low health finisher. I really hate the robot sidekick. If this is a crap rotation I would welcome any advice.

Anyway, I may give atomic a try next as although I did like rage, i really prefer ranged combat.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

well u not using Big Gun it seems, it still hit like a truck.
  9. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I like mounted turret a little better, and a SC is not really part of a rotation, its an occasional skill.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

If you prefer ranged then you won't really like Atomic either. Its range is OK, but melee is where its at for that power too.
  11. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Yeah that's what I had heard, and Ranged Rage is not as good as the melee, is it a lot different?
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

The range isn't bad, but is power hungry. The melee is fun and you don't have to be point blank range as it does have more distance than rage. It is still melee

Range is just tray power, combo combo clip tray power combo clip. I actually just switched back from Atomic to Rage. To me the speed and clipping is much more enjoyable with Rage. Probably becuase my favorite power has been HL since it came out. The slower combo powers kinda bore me
  13. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Can you share your ranged rage loadout and rotation? Thank you
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

I think you misunderstand. I was saying atomic range isn't bad
    On my rage I'm melee 100%. Unless its elite then I'll tank
    I don't use a ranged rotation. I'll check and see what others are using and post that.

Here's one. While he's not super fast on the clips you'll get the idea.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

The only idea i got from that video was that one needs a clown nearby hahahahaha
  16. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Lol. Thank you for posting this. I will check it out when I get home. With rage is the loadout either ranged or melee? Can your bar have both on it?
  17. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I would have an extra armory for ranged and melee at the very least. You could keep one ranged ability in your loadout if you absolutely needed to I suppose. It wouldn't make your rotation horrible per say.
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yes you can have both but it does take away a melee power like lacerate or Echain which both do very good. So you will have less than optimal loadout.

Like I had mentioned earlier...you can melee pretty much everything up to an including some areas of elite raids. If you want to maximize you damage then you'll want 2 armories or switch out a power when going against a boss you can't melee.

If you are more comfortable in ranged dps try the mix loadout and melee adds, but range bosses.
    Your not going to get blown out on the scorecard doing it this way and you may find you like the challenge of melee.
  19. Bombero New Player

Does anyone have a good Atomic DPS Loadout?