Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

At the current rate the game gives you stabilizer fragments of 6 per day from the stabilizer event and it takes 15 to make 1 stabilizer. That means you make 1 per 3 days. You need 7 to open a mega capsule. I'll open 1 every 21 days. Great system for rewards guys 1 mega capsule gets opened every month. I'm sure people will shell out money for the 20 pack of stabilizers from the marketplace, I however will not be.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

At 41 years of age i owe zero dollars on my home which leaves me in a pozition where i can spend at a rate i %100 can walk away with everything i want

Two issues are
    1. This is flat out distespectful to sub carriers and a population killer. People come and go and take breaks so each limited time item only reaches some percent of the overall player base.

2. We need things to spend money on and a constant influx of "new shinies" to remain interested. Lets be honest we are far enough in everythings repeadative by now so new items keeps people interested. Dcuo rolls out a lot of new paid for by our years of subs yet most of us only have a fraction of what we covet.

If u need people spending money severly limiting our options kinda bad idea imo. I know just from me they lost an easy....... Its better to say since nba 2k18 dropped i spent 400 hundred on gameing. Prior to this method of profits by dcuo i only played dcuo and spent cash on dcuo
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

This is actually a horrible deal from my perspective. For people who are only after certain items out of one type of the older time capsules, we get to open one time capsule for $7. No thanks. The possibility of getting that one last collection piece I need is too low to throw that much money away. To me, this is the worst promotion yet for this game. I'm seriously considering stopping all transactions outside my subscription with the way the gambling system in this game is increasing.

I'd much prefer to see them rotate older time capsules into the game and let us have time to open them as we build up stabilizers. This promotion is clearly targeted at impulsive buyers with the limited time offer attached to it. I'll pass.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Reading comprehension much? I literally just used the Booster Bundle concept as comparison and said that was the good thing about this Resurgence. The same chance I highly doubt, but it's beside point. Not to mention the fact that Booster Bundles give you your actual 10 bucks worth other MP items. Or not to mention the mere fact that you got a whooping 17 different auras here, way more than the items they usually include in a BB.

The point is, that these very auras have basically been asked for since launch and MP would have been the best way for everyone to get their hands on them.

Next time you wish to quote me, atleast quote what I say instead of playing the "let's twist words until I can pin him down for something he didn't say!"-game.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

All good

You missed my point & didn't answer any of my actual questions so I will afford you the same courtesy

Hopefully you all get your wish.. I hope TCs go away forever, so everyone can move on to the next topic.. because there will be something else.. always..
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Don't tell me I missed you point and didn't answer your questions, when you STILL haven't answered the very question I asked since you replied to me:
    Is 5-8 dollars not enough to justify someone wanting to buy the aura they want off the Marketplace?

There will be something else, always. And there will be people defending no matter what, always.
    • Like x 3
  7. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Costs less than a booster bundle. Guaranteed tradeable powerset aura plus 9 unlocked past TCs in one shot. This is the first capsule that I am kinda OK with. I will add though, that once these capsules are gone, it would be nice if these auras ended up on the marketplace at some point...
    • Like x 4
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I was just asking so the devs can gauge people's point of view here. This is good feedback, I wasn't trying to sound snarky, lol.:D
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think it is, personally, if we're talking about a single aura, for a single character. I don't think that price point is unreasonable. For something accountwide, I'd say more, but $5-8 for a single one sounds about right, personally.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

A bunch of usual suspects around here are looking for an excuse to spin someone's view around so they can nitpick on it, just wanted to make it clear where I stand. Some people do all this fencing over something that just aswell could have been on the Marketplace for everybody's enjoyment and still made the devs some good cash. Blows my mind a little lol
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Marketplace or at least the Quark vendor, I think. They did a great job on those auras, and even with the modular power set auras being on the Quark vendor it'd be nice to have the full body power set auras not be a limited time thing.

Either that or have Resurgence events take place more often and keep the power set auras as one of the rewards during those events.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

But there are ways to make money with integrity. Look at Blizzard games. Daybreak could learn a lot from them.
    • Like x 3
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I cannot wait for this to be the prevailing feeling amongst players in regards to auras in general....

Auras. Auras. Auras. Auras. Auras. and yet, more Auras...

Sure they are pretty. Sure they are sparkly. Sure some of them look good, but I sure do think I can only wear one per toon at a time, and I have lots and lots of auras already... why drop another dime for another style aura when I have so many that I don't wear now?

Break the mold, find something new DEVs. Please.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Nobody asked about your toons. They are completely irrelevant to this topic.

I bought the material pack. I knew what was in it and got exactly what was advertised. I also pay for membership in DCUO. I am in no way asking for anything for free.

I've spent $60 in Path of Exile in the last few weeks. I got exactly what was advertised with zero RNG. Keep in mind that POE is 100% free.

It is interesting just how fast you jumped to the "lul ur jealous" garbage. You are truly out of legitimate arguments when ad hominem rears its ugly head. Nice job.
    • Like x 1
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

I would buy the ice aura immediately even if I never logged in again.
    • Like x 2
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Yes. That price is more than fair.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I have to say, devs, I haven't actually had fun opening TCs in a very long time. But this was. I grabbed 3 of these new capsules, and had SO MUCH FUN! I think it was the fact that the aura box made me happy and the rest of the stuff from the TCs was just extra, so I didn't feel irked at all, just relaxed and enjoying watching what popped up. Got 1 rare collection for a TC aura, lots of gear, and the owlman emblem (which, if everyone wasn't opening these at the same time would apparently be worth more, lol). Quark drops were pretty good, too, got quite a few 22s.

All in all, had I purchased all those stabilizers directly and ONLY opened the TCs, I would be like, "meh, didn't get very much for what I spent." Instead, I got 3 guaranteed auras (which I promptly sold for 30 mil) and lots of extra stuff. Really well done.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

I may go off topic here, but I just want to chime in in regards of styles and gameplay in general.

Some people don't seem to realize that not EVERYONE likes to just play Dress up-doll every 2 weeks. I mean, I love styles and I'm kind of glad it's gotten so much attention but when all the attention seem to go into finding more ways to put out some kind of aura or material to drown in terrible RnG with another cash grab, it starts to get old. If they only did this once in a while and you could feel the same type of effort going into the actual content and episodes, it could be a different story.

Just imagine if this type of effort was put into developing content, my oh my...
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

630MC with your member discount. ;)
  20. Zeddicious New Player

hopefully there's a fire pants aura... or belt.. codpiece?