Brainstorming: New member perk to replace unlimited cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Gee, haven't had one of these threads in like 5 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Funny thing is many people are questioning his reasons to fit their logics, classic lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I can agree with this, I guess one would assume things, if you hear comments thrown around like , "want something for nothing", "Freemium term" "$5 compared to $15" etc. May not be in this thread but I been seeing the disconnect lately between both premiums and subscribers, the premiums ideas are usually knocked by another subscriber, not the other way around.
    • Like x 1
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You're saying premiums do not support this game? And to see that you have supporters, please dont reply back, I'm done with this conversation, it dont matter what I say at this point, I'm talking to a wall apparently.
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

“Oops, I forgot to put mods in this new gear”
    “Oops, I forgot to switch roles”
    “Oops, I forgot that I changed my loadout”
    “Oops, I forgot to update my armories”

The list goes on :D
    • Like x 2
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Huh, how did you even come to that conclusion?

The only group that does not support the game financially is the Free to Play players which is very different from the premium player.

There are three models you were incorrect, don't take it so negatively.

The whole freemium word is a malicious way to group the two groups and it leads to confusion when those newer to the game join in on a conversation.

They used the word with intent to shorten down the two groups into one to keep them separate from the sub group.

In your previous statement, you said there were 2 groups, in fact, there are 3, the free to play are just that playing for free. The premium players who purchase what they want, and the legendary subscribers who get the ala carte.

It does matter what you say when you are correct it also can hurt your cause when you misinform and then your point becomes moot.
    • Like x 2
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

be honest, doubt doubling the marks would make people want to sub more. Even if it does,all it means people will just gear up faster and get bored really fast. Not really sure if the devs can offer to make people want to sub.
    • Like x 2
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

And this is what happens when reading comprehension goes wrong, stop acting as if your intelligent , I said 2 supporting models, we are talking about financially supporting this game, so before you try to sound smart make sure you proof read and comprehend what the messager is saying, free 2 play does not financially support the game so my post still stands and yours is moot, sigh ****** dc community.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How did you get that from this?

You said premium and f2p have the exact same perks. You were wrong and he pointed it out. He never said premiums didn't support the game. Just that they do get perks that f2p don't.
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I can see this benefiting members but at the same time, it’d hurt the broker system extremely.

1. Prices for armor and styles would possibly rise just to get the freemiums from buying them to progress through the game.
    2. It wouldn’t nake sense since f2p/premiums are only restricted to marks other than if they buy dlc or events so there’s really no incentive to buy a membership with this 2x marks since DC could ultimately just raise the price of gear even more.
    3. This would most likely decrease the sales of replay badges...

I don’t see what the problem is with just supporting the game instead of looking for more benefits for the free guys. I do get that the game is somewhat limiting, but that ain’t the way to go. I’d say come up with another solution :D
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I'm premium and I'm 100% onboard with this.
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Now I know your trolling, I've never said that premiums and legendaries have the same perks this is just classical right here, oh and side note my badd kudos to proxystar the perfect grammar police it's you're trolling not your, thanks proxystar. Lol
    • Like x 1
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

You can spend 354.82 on all but inventory, bank, broke slots. To match legendary.
    So $354.82-$15=$339.82 so the dev under cut themself and went there was that Time Capsule explore that lend to people getting banned.
    Also the last update increase the inventory, bank, broker, and shared bank slots. There should be a update on all memberships.
  14. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Smh, how did you get legendary out of what has been said?

Please enlighten us, I have to say the world would like to know.

I would just stop while I was ahead.

It is sounding like you are just trolling now then getting upset because others are trying to work with you and not attack you.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wildboy Committed Player

• Like x 3
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for making it easy.

• Like x 1
  17. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Monkey see monkey do can you be a bit original? I already crowned Proxystar as the perfect grammer police.
  18. Wildboy Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Opps I made a booboo
    • Like x 1
  20. E Clip Dedicated Player

You're still missing the main point or perhaps Im very bad at explaining it dunno. I never argued that some prices wont go down, all I've ever said that prices will change, that means they can decrease or increase and that this happens all the time regardless of how many players are participating. I'm well aware you spoke about over saturation, I did too and we agree on that, but we dont not agree on the effects of over saturation and why that isnt necessarily a bad thing for you as legendary or any legendary for that matter. Also over saturation happens all the time, its not a valid argument you can against having more players participating in the economy.I believe the reason you're against it is because of this:

Even though I understand this way of thinking, I cant say that I agree with it at least not from the standpoint of making cash. I understand why its not preferable to have customers who pay less and have the right to earn as much as those who are paying more. Cheap prices usually have a negative effect on players with little money (or poor players), it has nothing to do if the player is Legendary. Im well aware you argued that you wont mind if cheaper prices are a result of other legendary members undercutting you. Consider this: those who are rich see an increase in their buying power when prices go down, the value of their cash has increased in relation to their purchasing power, in other words rich players are better off when buying cheaper stuff. You're viewing only the effects on sales when prices are cheap, which isn't the correct way of looking at things, because you need to think of the fact that you're also buying cheaper.

With more players participating, you're also making higher volume of sales, which could increase your overall profits, not necessarily but it could, and it doesn't mean you will lose out. Im not saying you cant lose out, sure you can, but this depends only on the player's ability to play the economy, or rather buy and sell at the right time. You can sell less number of items at a higher price or more items at a lower price, the only real value of your cash is the buying power it has.

I think you understand this very well, however you need to understand one last crucial thing: it doesn't matter if you sell cheaper or more expensive than before, on the long run that's irrelevant because you as an individual cannot control a significant part of the supply and demand to affect prices (unless you flip stuff and prey the supply wont go back up too), you're always buying and selling sometimes cheaper sometimes more expensive regardless of how many are participating in the economy. All that matters is how much you increase you buying power from the additional profits you're making. There are many ways to increase your profits from cheaper prices, just as there are many ways to increase your profits from soaring prices. There are even more ways to lose profits and it has nothing to do with number of players participating in the economy but it has everything to do with the cycle of the economy or rather buying and selling at the right time.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.