Brainstorming: New member perk to replace unlimited cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Generally I am not saying premiums pay more than legendaries, I said they both contribute more than $5 so its dumb to assume $5 is all they spend and expect they want unlimited cash cap when I saw good ideas of some poremiums who offered that premiums can get $2000 of the escrow refilled once spent until there is nothing else, that won't hurt legendary at all.
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Actually I did.. I answered with certain questions but you ignored those

somehow
    These are the ideas i was talking about - hopefully the devs see ideas like this and think about it

I will be honest though.. I think this will be seen as a weak "not enough" idea by those that want higher caps..
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh so you're just being purposefully vexatious.

[Insert horse noise] Hi, yo. Silver away!

That's me on my membership horse ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Helderman Dedicated Player

The goal of 2x Marks would be members gearing up twice as fast, not non-members gearing up twice as slow. The latter is insane and would drive players to quit the game instead of subscribe.
  5. Wildboy Committed Player

Money cap is working as intended. No changes necessary ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*laughs*
    I think we have a misunderstanding here :D

The post of yours I quoted was mainly referring to you saying something about legendaries say premiums spend nothing after the initial five dollars... there was more to it and thats not the exact quote... but hopefully you get the idea of where my head was at.

My reply was just stating what I used to always see posted time and time again (I also should have added I don't think I've ever really seen legendary members outright say premiums just spend the five dollars... if it got said in this thread I overlooked it and I can apologize for that ;).)

Again I do think some quality of life adjustments need to happen to game structure in general because I think at this point the $2000 is outdated.... than again I'm not sure whats in the best interest for the game at the moment that's not going to cause more issues that we don't need.
    • Like x 1
  7. kingmasternova Loyal Player

No legendary players can't buy dlc in the mp till your membership run out. Oh yea don't forget about the 10% discount that legendary members have and the premium players don't have.
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Not true, not even close.

Free players cannot trade, have a cap of 1500, pretty sure can only go to the vault every 5 days, receive less fragments, and I am sure I am missing something else.

Premiums can trade, and determine what or which content they want and can control their own interests by purchasing what they want.

This whole discussion is based on 1 aspect that hinders premium players and can have a very negative affect on membership purchasing.

Some are definitely have feelings about the restrictions with the only thing that could separate a premium player, in reality, from sub players, the money cap.

Being honest nobody cares for the lockboxes or the extra fragments. Running the vault everyday maybe something that a few would like to do but, members complain about the loss of value of being a member what makes anyone think they will change the cap now baffles me with that being the only good reason to sub.

But eh I maybe wrong,... right.
    • Like x 1
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

To clear up the confusion or guessing on if people spend money on this game as premium...

Yes. My brother is Premium. But spends HELLA money on this game. I watched him spend $400 last night on Stabilizers alone. He has all the materials, except for the Chrome, because he doesnt like it. Hes at endgame with 286 sp. Has maxed out all of his inventory, bank, and shared bank slots. Has about 6k RBs, and has other unequipped materials in his bank juat waiting for DC Gods who knows what. He does wish he could get an increase in the cash cap, but he said it doesnt really affect him since I send him about 3k soder colas to sell when needed. Do I need to mention he has around 30k Quarks...? Lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What did he buy 400 stabilizers for if he already has all the materials? Just curious.
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For each DLC that Premium buy.... Legendary players paid $10 to $15 each month...... so....... not really. ;) ;)

Sure.... Legendary get 10% off on the MP...... but again to get that they pay $10 to $15 each month...... so again........ not really. ;) ;)
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Hes a doctor. Ive asked him the same question. His answer is always the same... "Because I can" -_-

I did however ask him on a legit basis, and he told me he would like his other 2 main toons to have the materials he likes for that character and to have some extra money on hand in case he ever decided to go Legendary
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

New idea: remove the cash cap on Premiums, and make the broker a "members only" perk. :D
    • Like x 2
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Let me get this straight......

He spends $400 on Time Capsules??? and enough to get 30K Quarks??? and I don't know how much to have 6K Replays???

But does not spend $120 for a year's worth on subscription??? o_O
    • Like x 2
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Sadly, that is his reasoning, but he has never complained. He knows if he wants access to his cash without having to buy unlimited escrow access every 7 days, he would have to buu a membership. Hes a smart dude. Hes a doctor for crying out loud lol. He knows what he has to do. Like I said, he never complained. Maybe thought about it once or twice
    • Like x 1
  16. E Clip Dedicated Player

I said that prices vary and that and that these fluctuations will happen all the time regardless of how many players are participating, due to the cyclical nature of the economy. No where did I say prices will drop during free legendary months, this is the strawman of your own making. That's why prices didn't drop during free legendary months, they simply fluctuated as they did before. Some went up, some went down. That's why I also said that once the item is over saturated on the market and the price is too low, players will stop selling at that price point and move on to sell other things. The same is happening even now and the same will happen no matter how many players are participating.

At first your argument was that all prices will drop if there is an increase in supply, no where did you make the distinction between rare and common items. Let me refresh your memory, here is what you said:

This was your initial position and stop lying. You got called out on this because you see only the effects of supply on the price, you are neglecting demand. Prices cannot be viewed only by taking supply into account, you have to think of demand too.

You seem to be stuck on the prices of the start of a cycle, lets say the start of a cycle is when a new DLC is launched, and you said prices of common items will drop. Sure some will drop, but some will go up. You cant lump all common items in the same basket. Besides what are common items in the first place? Lets take bytes for instance, they are easily accessible for everyone and you can farm a ton of them and everyone needs them. During launch of a DLC their price goes up because there is demand for them. So here is a case of a price going up for a common item when more players are participating. There are many other common items that see an increase in price when more players are playing. What were common items in previous DLCs are now semi or rare items, like some collections, styles etc and their price goes up. This is due to the cyclical nature of DCUO's economy and thats why I keep repeating all the time, prices vary and they don't necessarily drop.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This was my first reply to you (I'll highlight the relevant parts in case you missed them):

I stated from the get-go that I'm talking about items that are available in game and the concept of oversaturation. And I have in-game evidence to back it up, as I said, if you ever looked at the broker (and you admitted even though you try to twist your own words now that it doesn't fit your argument).

Any items that are continually available in game drop in price due to increased supply, even if there is increased demand PERCENTAGEWISE. Do you see agressive exobytes at 1 mil a stack like they used to be? Why? Because they oversaturated the market, even though demand increases at the start of new episodes. That is exactly what will happen (as it already does, in lesser amount) with more people participating, UNLESS YOU INCREASE THE PERCENTAGE OF SALES. In other words, you're assuming that instead of 50% of total exobytes posted (or collections, decorations, etc.) being sold, now magically 75% of them will be sold instead (ALL PLAYERS, including premiums, that used to buy 20 will now purchase 30 instead).

This was my original post to Tori:
    Might want to read carefully next time before accusing someone of lying.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No doubt. I was running on a premium toon last night in the PAN event raid and a guy who went down like 10 times on the first boss was shouting "can someone give me colas so I can repair? I'm premium". With 99 stacks of colas and at 4 daily $2000+ cash ins in E3....right next to a soda vendor...premiums can load up on 48 sodas a day just from buying them smartly in between mission cash ins there. That's not counting selling old gear or any other cash influx. It's still not the most efficient way of preparing for cash needs (I prefer interfaces myself...a stack of 24 should last a loooong time).

Yeah, 'I can't repair' is definitely the weakest reason for raising the cash cap. Makes me laugh though.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. Entrust Committed Player

We've all also had those times when we were caught being unprepared, premium & legendary alike.

Play long enough and you'll see it all. From, "does anyone have a buff-soder?" to "oops, I forgot to pay rent on my base generators." LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Been there a few times. Forgot to pay rent earlier today and qued into Gom. Got to first boss and dropped my Supply Drop and someone has the audicity to stop in the middle of the fight and say "looks like someone forgot to pay rent" lol.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.