More wait time than playtime... is that a good thing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Mar 13, 2018.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

I log in so I can play not so I can sit and wait for ques and/or other players, I’d love to log on and play not log on and wait to play. I don’t have time to wait 30 minutes for a alert to pop or for a player to be ready...

When will this be brought up by the DEV’s?

Do you think they have plans or do you think the que times and waiting for other people are fine?
    • Like x 1
  2. Hytch Well-Known Player

You should do what I do: queue up while running your dailies.

Or...
    Create your own group.
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You'll have to spell out how the devs have control over how many people are queuing. Sorry, but it's not a popular seasonal out currently. Most don't enjoy PvP, like we used to years back. The current end game content is four months old. Most don't have much to do.

Couldn't even run Zoo last night. Shouted for 30min and no trolls.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I just random que zoo now, I'm usually in like 15-20 mins and it's usually a successful run.
    • Like x 2
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

What content are you quing up for? Older content will most likely be the hardest to get the que to pop for, recent content is getting empty aswell since most active people are most likely done with it and currently waiting for the new episode to hit.

A good general advice since you seem to be in such a hurry to get into content and all: Use your time forming up groups if waiting isn't a valid option for you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Maybe Devs could merge LFG so Villains & Heroes can play together or just allow both factions to communicate in chat.
    • Like x 1
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I have been working on my lightning strike bounties.
    • Like x 1
  8. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

LFG might be your best option or gather league mates?
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It wouldn't solve endgame queues, but once again, i'll suggest adjustable group size when queuing up. Trying to run Fatal Exams last night and had it random queued while I ran daily stuff...then did some collection hunting...then did some broker work...shouted in LFG along the whole way after only getting 1 other person to respond. Gave it up after 50 min or so....got other toons to run. Would have tried it as a duo (and yes, the wind tunnel test is not doable as a duo), if I could have.

Reinheld
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not last night. We were qued while i was shouting. Couldn't buy a troll last night.
  11. RLManuel Committed Player

I que for most content new or old. Most alerts take like 15 mins or less or more (depending on skill)

I pug, I’m in my own league that I made for all my characters. But even if I wasn’t in my own league, and I joined an active league I’d still have problems with que times because most don’t want to run stuff if there’s nothing they can get out of it(gear, feats, styles). I’ve been in a lot of active leagues and it’s always the same, so I made my own(I leave it occasionally but I always end up coming right back).

When I tell people about this game they like it but then they play and see a cash cap and deal with long que times and that kills it for them (and I didn’t even tell them about the sp grind lol)
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nobody wants to run Fatal Exams if they don't need to. Too many people fail at very basic mechanics in there EVEN after you explain it. It's a headache inducing instance...and most people don't need it anymore. Combined with the lower population, and most people focused on AM3 and up....yeah, the queue times for that instance will be abysmally low.
    • Like x 2
  13. RLManuel Committed Player

I didn’t mean that they have control of it. I meant will they address the problem with ques again(it was brought up awhile ago) and try to fix it by letting people solo que or bring in more walk-ins.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, since revamp Trolls have been hard to get...and now that content is old, it's only going to get worse until Deluge drops.
    • Like x 1
  15. RLManuel Committed Player

This guy gets it. :D
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It was explained to us that unfortunately, Walk-Ins cause major system issues, hence why they stopped making them a long while back. In fact, the walk-in portal for Dox was closed due to problems it was causing and they haven't fixed the issues since. Hopefully between Deluge and then the 3 month long Supes event, population gets large enough to hopefully alleviate queue times. As for an actual permanent solution....probably nothing in the pipeline, at least for this year.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not disagreeing...just saying flexible group size is my suggested fix....as always. I'm sure me and the other 225 guy who wanted to run it could have duo'd it minus the wind tunnel....heck it probably would have been easier even with someone not goofing up the last room lasers.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. Wildboy Committed Player

Created a new toon this week because I hadn't experience the leveling process since the last big update. I managed to get in all the alerts on the way to level 30, but Gorilla Island took a looooooooooooooooong time.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Depends on what you're queing for and whether you're a villain or hero. I think they took a step in the right direction with artifacts, they just need to keep giving people a reason to go back and run old content. If you mean you're waiting in que for end game content, that's different. Hard to agree or disagree with you based on so little information.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I really like it. It has actual mechanics. But yeah, finding a group (nowadays, in the past for some reason most groups knew how to run it pretty well, at least to pick up the feats) that listens to directions is like pulling teeth these days. Even tying a catalyst to it wouldn't help because high levels would just zip through and ignore mechanics anyway, probably.

What do you think of adding 1 different piece of clamped content per day or per week (just like they're doing with the event content) that would also offer end game currency.

For example, Earth 3 is on, normal instances and everything, but in the queue tab... (this is just an example)

Monday - Area 51, Corrupted Zamaron
    Tuesday - Area 51, Corrupted Zamaron
    Wednesday - Area 51, Corrupted Zamaron
    Thursday - Fatal Exams, First Piece
    Friday - Fatal Exams, First Piece
    Saturday - Brothers in Arms, Supply Lines
    Sunday - Brothers in Arms, Supply Lines

All week long there would be one or maximum two raids that would offer end game rewards (or maybe one normal, one elite)

March, 1st Week - Braniac's Bottle Ship and/or Unholy Matrimony
    March, 2nd Week - Paradox Wave and/or Kandor Central Tower

These currency rewards would be taken partially into account when calculating gear costs, but not completely.

For example, lets say Earth 3 content gives 90 currency weekly, so devs price Legs or Chest at 85 each. But with this bonus currency, you get an extra 60, for 150 total. Instead of putting legs and chest at 140. They put them at 115. The other 35 are pure extra for subscribers and people who purchased those specific episodes that are featured.

The idea behind this is to make older content attractive, and hopefully make it easier for people to pick up feats in the process. Plus it keeps subs entertained by not getting as bored with running the same instances over and over again. What do you think?
    • Like x 1