NPC's hitting too hard post GU80

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

While your personal experience should and does matter, sometimes we have to think beyond ourselves. While I may not suffer from the changes, plenty of people will (especially if the already logistical nightmare of finding two tanks per raid is about to become even less so.) SOE never was the best at accounting for pitfalls, but they’d always been good at making long running games with popular IP’s. That should say something, so hopefully they rethink these tweaks a bit. I like hard content, but I also like finding/building groups ASAP. We all benefit from that type of environment, as does DCUO from a business standpoint (part of the reason this game was originally touted as “all powers can do all roles so that you’ll NEVER have to wait for roles to fill a group!!) They saw the benefit then, and while they couldn’t follow thru on this promise that doesn’t simply negate the fact that it has massive benefits for the community and when the community flourishes the game flourishes.

While I’m not really disagreeing with you at all, we still gotta try and plan for the pitfalls regarding others that aren’t us, for if they suffer we actually all suffer together. While I do tend to support the inevitable reflexes like “find a league/build a group/get good/I can do it with ease/etc, technically any ‘survival of the fittest’ mentality, while it does work in many places, fails a game where the ultimate goal of the game is to maximize player engagement and population, not limit it.
    • Like x 3
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The tank controlling the phoenixes needs to keep lunging them to keep them from healing out. Maybe you already knew that, just tossing it out there.
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Haven't done Gome since the revamp, but feel free to hit Tilz/Tilzy up if you want to run it (Heal/DPS , Tank). With 3 tanks you really need to separate the phoenix and minos from your target so they don't heal/shield the target. The harpy hit very hard and well.. the healers should keep and eye on the gorgons so they don't turn into stone. :)

Tried ZooE yesterday with the league (5 ppl and 3 from another league via LFG). The damage-in was higher, I agree on that. On the last boss we had to run 2 healers and 2 tanks (normally 1 heal ; 2 Tank). It felt kinda relaxed with 2 healers. The Lying claw attack didn't oneshot any of the group. And groupmembers got it by that. (even without shield). The tanks got insane damage in and 1 tank was out after the 1st half (but we had 3rd backup). The last part needed to be solohaled (no lying, talia 50%) because our healer was out.
    It sounds doable, but it really needs a fix.. group was 226-228 and a 224 tank that was alive all the time.
  4. AJPro Committed Player

Well game is like a ghost town lately, i still think it is because they keep listening to the game should be hard crud...New content should be hard...old tired content should be a small breadth of time brezze. It is like people they listen to have never played games. The whole point of leveling up is to get through new content and be able to blow through old content in almost cathartic way...can’t say i really even care anymore. the old content feats i did not get when was new go into my hell now pile now and when no new content i cancel my legendary....so keep trioling thumbs up for hard content...elite perspectives get elite membership numbers...on a game not a superbowl a bloody time sucking game...lol...keep aplauding making nPC wiping groups...like. A cr 224 player in a pug group in god darn thrones...lol nice job...lol
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The lull in population before a new content release has been going on for years; people have run out of things they want to do. That last phrase is key - want to do. There likely are still grinding options or elite content to do, but it’s not appealing; so a lot of people log out.

Players will be back for the new content release and population will jump (you’ll even see a very short term jump tomorrow due to the first day of St Patrick’s); but population will dwindle back down the more time that passes.
  6. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I concur with the findings in here about Lying Claw's attacks being overly brutal now. I ran ZOOe last night, kept dying from the one-shots there. Also, there are issues with USe, where US is one-shotting tanks from simple rifle attacks.

It makes no sense to progress your gear if these types of raids are going to continue to be the same difficulty as it was on day 1. Elite content should be about mechanics and survival, but it get's to a point that its really just luck based.
    • Like x 5
  7. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I noticed inconsistent hitting in runs in content as well. Ran IS the other day on low cr 210 and was a cake walk got in my 224 with a group of 228s and we were getting one shotted seems to be random some easy runs some more difficult have 7 rooms that run content
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Where were you getting oneshotted?
  9. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

I don’t trap bosses lol and if I’m in a pug group that does idc I’m In it for loot. Ive been super speed since t4. You obviously got me confused with some cheating scrub lolol. Dc is too watered down for that sorry.
  10. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

An also, I’ve been running a shield on my loadout for zooe lb since it’s been out. Maybe you should and your groups should try that? Or even fortified assault? Those things help yk.
  11. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Is second boss was weird have not seen that in any other runs yet since then
  12. Proxystar #Perception

So pillar tanking in dox was cheating? So pinning a boss between yourself and a wall cheating? So using the available environment is cheating? Using your movement mode to your advantage while still staying in bounds is cheating?

News flash none of those things are cheating. No one is breaking out of bounds.

If someone goes as far as using a trinket they got from the vault then good on them.

You might consider that cheese which it probably is but those people aren't doing anything wrong.
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Second boss. When Judge has Lady Sonar powers and Executioner has General Grodd powers, their skull attacks can potentially oneshot anyone close to them. The closer you are, the more likely you are to die. Both attacks can be interrupted by a lunge, but if they have blue counter immunity you’re going to have to try and get away from them. That’s probably what you saw, and was the same before GU80.
  14. C3alix Committed Player

How can you assume anything she just said is considered cheating? What she's referring to is what this community has been doing for a while, and that's alienating each other based off of their powers, roles, and movements.

"Need quantum dps's for Throne"
    "Need dps's with clownbox for prime"
    "Need flying players for Zooe"
    "Need fire tank for SM"
    "Need tank that knows how to block man-bat"

If raids were easy, then people wouldn't need any of the requirements above.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

earlier, i was able to hold the lions, riddler and bat-bat on my own.
    with my main, a fire tank hero, CR 228, full mods, i totally failed...
    now, we had troubles and needed three tanks again to get through.
    however: it is easy with my ice villain at CR 220 to finish zooE...
    well, guess i can blame the power for it maybe, healing < shelds
    i think that the normal raids benefit from being more challenging.
    elite had an acceptable difficulity (exept rally restriction) before.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Some of your examples are errant. What I was also pointing out for the avoidance of doubt was simply the sentiment that none of it is actually cheating.

Her post implied whether intentionally or not that she considers these strategies to be inferior and she's not the only one that's ever said it so my intention is by no means an effort to single her out.

Coming back to a few of your examples people wanted quantum dps for throne because they wanted to break bounds and cheat. People wanted clownboxes to do the same thing.

That's distinctly different from just engaging in a strategy that one player considers cheese.

I consider some strategies cheese too but the only time I'll critisize it is when it either isn't really the best strategy or isn't even beneficial from a time perspective.

If people can pin a boss somewhere whether that be between a wall or even a second tank then that is a viable and in fact intelligent strategy irrespective of whether someone considers the strategy beneath them.

If someone is a flier and they use that to their advantage then good for them flying shone through for once. It doesn't always work like that.

There is however no forcing you to change flight just to win but people certainly seem to get upset at others when they get an advantage.

Are fliers crying because the combat speed of super speed is greater in all content making them more efficient at doing doing some objectives? Some maybe do but thats as equally stupid.

If those people are asking for fliers or tanks to do a certain thing its because they have a set strategy in mind. That's their prerogative; just as it is yours to decide whether to join.

People engaging in a strategy is not a reflection of difficulty at all period it is simply a group deciding how they're going to go about beating something and then doing it.
    • Like x 2
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

yeah... it is the reason i allways tanked riddler and bat-bat. that way, i could say:
    "do what you want, i will do my job, looking at the other direction while tanking."
    however: i could swear, if they would play just normally, we would had less fails.
    seeing that everybody is doing the same thing, made me give up the resistance.
    especially when i saw that noone here in the forum bat an eye on it anyways...
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Well that's my point define normal.

As long as no one is breaking any rules there is no normal there's just what works and what doesn't work with not all ways that work being necessarily the same. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I don't believe you. Show me a thread where the majority of players are asking for MORE difficulty in elite raids. As for "when everything is fixed...everyone can finish all the Elite raids..." strawman... I'm not sure who you are arguing with here. Again, show me where you have the majority of experienced players asking for Elite to be easy enough for everyone.
  20. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Yes, look into Johnny Quick's "Whirling Arm" on PANe. Some runs it seems ok, others in seems to insta-kill without warning.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.