Thank you for the crown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely I agree.

I just notice that sometimes clipping happens on quite often the popular hair styles.

I think its more obvious with female toons because their hair style options are more limiting and you just look around the game to see how few are actually utilized by players.

I think its worse with headpieces for this reason and people I think take a lot more notice of it whereas if your shirt clips with your belt you just move to another belt because there are so many more options. ;)
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly ;)
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I would support any and all kind of new customization styles for our characters!
    And do not worry about the complaints!
    Unfortunately people are never satisfied!
    If you do not have it, you complain, you have it, you complain because it's not the way you wanted it ...
    Simply do ...
    And do more and more please!
    • Like x 1
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Hi Mepps! Please just accept some criticism when the items are not as polished as other tiaras we have with less clipping issues.

Nobody is complaining about the tiara or the hairstyles and you know that, we love hairstyles and we love tiaras much more than some event themed basic t-shirts. Thanks you all for adding something different, we appreciate it!

We just saying the tiara looks amazing but we can only see tiny bits of it because of clipping, and maybe it could have a small pass for a fix if the style artist have a bit of spare time.
    Don't take it as an attack and tell us: "no more cool hair or head pieces if you complaing about clipping". Sounded a bit like a threat, so dont be that extreme we just having an opinion about the new crown thats all. :(

(For the record I can't get enough hairstyles, Im ready for new packs: Carol Ferris, Artemis, Hecate, Zeus, Amazon pack 2... you name it :))
    • Like x 3
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

Well I don't get that we have to "choose". I mean of course we want big fancy cool hairstyles and we want cool head pieces. I get they can't make it perfect for all the hairstyles or face styles and we are always going to have clipping at some point...

The thing is the new Celtic crown clips with almost every hairstyle and it looks like it wasnt tested that much on most of the hairstyles.

Its ok! Im just saying would be nice to have a fix, I remember the same issue with Star Sapphire gear tiara, it clipper badly they fixed it at a later time.
    No drama, we want cool new styles period.
    • Like x 4
  6. Skhylar New Player

Sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread... But the clipping issues with tiaras and 90% of female hairstyles is still a thing
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Perception is soooooo 2017 Mavs. Get with the program.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Think of it this way, like virtually all businesses operate.

A = quality
    B = time invested
    C = price

There's a direct relation between the three.

If you want quality (in this case no clipping with hairstyles) the time invested has to go up (as well as the size of the team working on it, who get paid either by the hour or a salary per employee required) and therefore the price. However, do you think players would pay $30-50 (for the three Amazon hairstyles, for example) for these awesome hairstyles that don't clip?

Basically, Mepps is saying (if I understand correctly), that they first start with C and B (how much are we willing to invest and how much are we going to charge for said item, what's our project deadline to meet that price point) and then asking: how much quality can we deliver based on those 2 factors? In other words, if you don't want clipping, it's simply not going to happen at the moment because the technology isn't there to meet the deadline with the price point required.

This isn't something weird or mysterious, businesses do the exact same thing when preparing price estimates for work or decided whether to bid or not bid on a job all the time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Totally disagree. Styles that work with 50% of outfits is still way better than 0 style.
    • Like x 2
  10. Skhylar New Player

Do you use a male character? If you try wearing (almost) any of the tiaras on the female characters, they aren't visible at all with most of the hairstyles which makes one wonder why it's even unlockable at all if it isn't visible. Take "Valiant Warrior" for example. Put that tiara on any of the female hairstyles and you won't see the star (which should be the point), and don't get me started on Noble Warrior...
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hey Mepps it would be awesome if we could get a unisex pack of hairstyles similar to those of Super Saiyans in DBZ. Many anime shows also use those similar hair styles and im sure theres a big interest for it. I know you would have to be generic to a point to safely and legally release such a pack for purchase. Basically it would be various enlargements of the spiky hairstyle in game. And I dont know how you were able to sneak those Ultimate aura types under DBZ/Akira Toriyama's nose but they are brilliant and legit!
  12. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Don't complain about the clipping as that was 1 of the reasons the devs said they wouldn't make certain styles. Id rather take the risk of a style clipping than not have the style at all.
    • Like x 5
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I have both male and female characters (love alts lol) and yes one of my female characters has the tiara. However she's an alien so she doesn't use hair. She loves her tiara.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Part of the problem of this is where the spring seasonal crown sits. It clips because it's really a headband. To make it a tiara, it would have to rest well above the head. Problem is they wouldn't be able to know where exactly that is because it changes with both hair style and body type.

Let me ask you this...would you prefer:

A. they forget about tiara's completely
    B. they create a hairstyle that basically a formal updo or something and make the tiara physically part of the hairstyle
    C. they create a tiara that hovers in the air above your head depending on the type of hair you're using, but wouldn't clip with larger hairstyles.

D. One possible solution would be to create a few new hairstyles that are exceedingly simple for females, all very tight to the skull. One would be basically a military haircut for girls, another just something completely slicked back and not poofy at all, etc.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Here are other hopefully non clipping hairstyle ideas

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Skhylar New Player

Hmm, sounds like Fairly Odd Parents crowns to me :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1