Boost to 170 cr

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

At this point, to get catalysts for all the alts, it has become overwhelming.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nah...overreaction on our part (but I can only claim for myself). While I did see it the way Gamma did initially, after reading further I realized you were only asking a question, not being negative. He on the other hand, kind of went off the rails there...

Edit: Forgot to add...my apologies.
    • Like x 6
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The people most likely to buy this option would be f2p/Premiums.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Aren't most of them that way now though???
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

People spend twice that for a chance at a sprinkling of feat points and cosmetics. I think this is a decent value when viewed from that perspective.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To the pit of misery for you!!

Jk, we're good
    • Like x 3
  8. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Does anyone know what feats you get with the CR 170 boost?
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

The only part that garnered his attention was the opinion expressed after the question, and that opinion is shared by many players in all MMOs that have the skip feature. I skipped on my first alt a few weeks ago, and I did enjoy it to some extent. I had to go back for a lot of minor, tedious items, e.g. beta plans, that diminished the enjoyment.

In my opinion, I think the skipping should be confined to players who already have a player in the upper tiers. I don't think 170+ is necessary, but at least require a character to have access to some of the later tier 7 content. I have a 167 that can get into Amazon Fury III zones, so a skip to 175 isn't that far a reach for me on an alt.

I have met a lot of 100 players who clearly never played the game before skipping. I had one such player offer to help me in tier 2 duos, and I was barely 43 and beating him in damage easily. His survival was the only upside to him being grouped with me because he finished a couple bosses after I was KO'd. I'm sure an experienced 43 tank would have been just as beneficial to me; heck, any experienced 43 player of any role would probably have been just as beneficial.

Depending on the feats tied to skipping, that also becomes a slippery slope. It allows players to get feats by spending money while others have spent months or even years chasing those same feats. That can be rather irritating to some players. I'm curious to see which feats are included in the package.
    • Like x 1
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

My point exactly?
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those raids are intimidating to newer/at level players. Not too many will queue them up. And with people either busy grinding hard at the top or burned out and not playing much at all, those queue times suffer further. Plus, as EASY as BD is, people fail hard in that one. There were a couple of occasions where I was the last man standing taking out the bosses.

It's easy for me having my toons at end game because I didn't throw the towel in when everyone else was exclaiming that they're killing alts. I just kept plugging away at my pace. I keep my main always at the tip top, and one alt per Episode gets extra attention, and the rest chug along as fast or as slow as the Episode allows.
    • Like x 1
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

If the cr skip gives you sp from legends pve I'd say it's worth it
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I understand why the que times are slow, I was just saying for me personally it's a huge deterioration factor. Waiting over an hour for a que to pop simply isn't reasonable for me with my schedule. I agree it would be easy to keep toons at end tier once you get there, but the very steep slope up that path is a pain to climb, and I honestly feel bad for new players.

Of course it also doesn't help that BD isn't task force X enabled.... (Hint hint DEVS).
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yeah. That's why it won't bother me. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It would be a lot easier if people just ran the content that drops those weekly with as many toons as time would allow you to, instead of waiting for a breakthrough to get the catalyst. Plus, with the way they work, it's not like with gear...where you may "feel" the need to get it as fast as possible before the next episode. The Artifacts aren't going anywhere. I've only got three toons with level 80+ artifacts...still doing just fine. They aren't needed to beat content or to even be competitive with others. Good players will still do well without the highest stats, and bad or mediocre players will stay where they are even with all the stats available. If you don't sweat those things you can keep a small group of toons at end game....but only if you let go of the need to have ALL of them at the bleeding edge.
    • Like x 2
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I once waited over 12 hours to queue into Love and War
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No clues yet. Anybody buying a boost in the name of science??? :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

Does anyone know how much SP you get for boosting to CR 170?
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They need to get all the Operations up to speed. That would help immensely.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I would have logged long before 12 hours lol
    Agree 100%, those plus all free content t1-t3 needs to be SS enabled.
    • Like x 3