Livestream Preview: Booster Bundle & More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

Here we go again! Another money suck! What is wrong with you guys? There are some many things wrong with the game and you just put out more stuff we don’t need! Seriously! After over 7 years of playing we are getting so tired of the way you guys are just don’t care what the players are saying and just want to take our money! For goodness sake can you please do something to improve the game and make it better instead of just trying to kill money out of us constantly!
    • Like x 6
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Awesome, I honestly thought we would never see them return. I usually buy two or three, just to support the game. Everything else I just buy with in game money. (and I stock up on auras to sell them later..:D)

However I am more looking forward to what you guys have planned for the MP. I do hope it means we get more styles, items, etc to purchase on the MP for all our characters. Thanks also for adding the updated Speed Force suit, I do hope you add the updated Batman suit as well though. I can't wait to find out!
    • Like x 2
  3. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Yes Wes, I'm sorry but you're still asleep and dreaming about upcoming Booster Bundles again.
    It's got so bad that you dream about the DCUO forums every night.
    Please remember when you wake up to see a doctor immediately. Be sure to kick them in the shin to see if they're real.
    • Like x 1
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

It is completely and utterly optional. No requirements. If you do not want to buy anything. Then dont. Same with TC's. Optional. You can work the broker to get the feats if you absolutely have to have something. I know way too many 300 plus sp players that never opened a TC.

And on another note..there are people that want these things. If they want to spend money...its on them. But in retrospect...it takes money to operate, fix, change, maintain the game. It is a business. Generating money from people WILLING to spend it is not a terrible thing. Simply put...if you dont want to spend any money...dont. Happy Gaming.
    • Like x 4
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Noted. Will do.
    • Like x 2
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Going to wait until the livestream before I judge this in detail, but my general opinion about previous Booster Bundles is that they were 10x better than TC's in every aspect. You always got an aura box, you were always guaranteed atleast 1 out of X different auras AND you got your money's worth of marketplace items within the Bundle itself. It's pretty obvious which one's the better.

The only thing that would put BB's in the same bad light as TC's was if they updated it with feats and other types of progression similar to that of TC's. If not, there's no doubt BB's are the most userfriendly alternative of the two.
    • Like x 6
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

I get some of the negative comments.

For real, it seems like in the last two years its all about styles. All the new "sucessful" income from TCs.....put into more TCs? Now booster bundle?

When will we see a true gameplay addition? You devs have left pvp to die in a field, took away SM, dropped PS3.....Im sitting here waiting to see some big addition to the game......and......its just more styles.

Gamble and dressup universe

I want to see a new city, more options for toon creation, new villains, pvp enjoyable.... something, anything but more styles.

As of now, looks like I will continue to play other games.
    • Like x 6
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well I mean, I agree with most of this but there is a "& more" part
    • Like x 1
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah, we'll see.

I know they did add artifacts, and a new scorecard.....but still, I feel the game needs something new, fresh, and playable....not more stuff to look at or just raise stats.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Gameplay additions come every few months, if not more often. Many players (maybe not you) also request new styles, in TCs or in Boosters or not. We're previewing those tomorrow.

PS, there are no feats in booster bundles.
    • Like x 21
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree with pretty much everything here. With a game like this where the population isn't high enough to sustain a large enough revenue stream from Subs alone I don't think we will ever be without a cashgrab in some shape or form, but to let the cashgrab steal pretty much all the focus is just wrong. Hopefully they do take the opportunity with this stream to reveal their plans for 2018. We deserve to know if any serious update is in the near future, or at all.
    • Like x 3
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

How about a livestream to show off new content.....
    • Like x 2
  14. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Can't say I'm excited to see these return as I won't ever get behind the gambling model. If they were just added to the Marketplace I'd be more than happy to support the game, and throw money at their business. But I personally cannot support gambling and cash grabs. Oh well, guess I'll be hitting up the broker.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Check back in a few weeks...
    • Like x 8
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Yes, booster bundles are gamble boxes. But we aren’t manipulated into buying them and there’s no chance of ending up with an emblem worth 50k. However, my boycott of non-membership spending goes on while time capsules are a thing.

So devs, announce in your livestream tomorrow that there will be no new time capsules until June, and I’ll buy some of your booster bundles.
    • Like x 2
  17. Turnt UP New Player

MY GREAT PLAN let others buy many bundles not get that EPIC ORGINAL COSMIC MATERIAL flood the broker and i buy the stuff they don't want and lurk like a broker villain mwahahahaha

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

FTFY
    • Like x 2
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Maybe if they announce a hold on time capsules they will sell enough booster bundles to people like me who want to support the game but who have lost confidence in the way the game is currently monetised to have a rethink. I’ve played DCUO for three years and one month. In the pre-time capsule days I spent probably £600 (roughly $800) over and above my membership. Since time capsules, just a lexcorp sidekick.
    • Like x 1
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

How about a Booster Bundle Collection?
    Like having to get 12 BB collection pieces for a rare Material?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.