Keeping people subbed continually

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caesar's Lion, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I have been subbed long enough that I have a sweet recurring deal which I'd be loathed to lose, therefore it never really enters my head to drop legendary.

However, for players who maybe sub for a month or 2 when a new episode comes out & then drop it until next episode comes out, is there anything which would make you keep the sub up continually?

I always thought given the hours spent playing the game that subscribing was excellent value for money. I still think so with the only caveat being that it is a lot more difficult (not impossible) now than it was to attain all styles & feats in the game without putting extra cash in. That plus diminishing returns on Prom Lockboxes the longer you sub (put old TC styles in there please).

But I digress. Whereas I'm not particularly looking for extra sub perks, I was wondering if there was anything that could be added to say seasonals (given they tend to be spaced out to not coincide with new episodes dropping) that might encourage people who sub on & off to stay subbed year round? I mentioned seasonals but all ideas welcome which could retain subs thus making the game money in a way that is pretty universally agreed as ethical.
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

For people you remained subbed the game needs to have consistency. This game hasn't been consistent in a long time so I don't expect Daybreak to think people will remained subbed for long periods of time.
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I agree with SkullGang. Consistency.

For me, the breaking point was the Time Capsules. Once it became literally impossible to get all the feats without spending too much time on the broker or spending extra money to buy stabilizers, I wasn't interested in a sub any more. The sub no longer includes the entire game, so what's the point in subbing?

Now that I've been premium for awhile, I found I enjoy it. The free legendary these past weeks only convinced me further that legendary isn't worth the price.

For me, as long as Time Capsules exist in their current form, legendary is not worth it.
    • Like x 4
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Time Capsules would be a bit less obnoxious if they didn’t come out with metronomic frequency, meanwhile, no logic or consistency to content release schedules.

Honestly, devs, I sometimes think you actually want us to lose interest.
    • Like x 2
  5. Unida Dedicated Player

its called 'sunsetting' . hard to not think we are there.
    • Like x 2
  6. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

I'm usually legendary but since the new year. I haven't heard anything from the devs that makes me excited to keep my sub this month. Seasonals ain't enough for me, especially when it's February and u can't even tell me when the Valentine's event starts or even a teaser for the next episode. I usually spend 40$ a month on this game. But no updates on what to expect in the current year or at least the next 2 months makes it kinda hard to actually see a reason to sub
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Only reason I don't unsub is so I don't lose the deal also. I've had mine current since Feb 2011.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

There were a lot of times that I was only subbed because I love using the broker to make money and buy stuff from TCs. Once you get burned out of TCs though, there's not enough content to keep you interested in subbing.

I wish there was a way they could tie old episodes into progression or somehow stir interest in old episodes. Getting groups together to run old stuff is actually a lot of fun if it didn't involve waiting on LFG for an hour or two to get a group together. Note: not talking about feats, which are generally frustrating more than satisfying in 8-man content due to that one ignoramus who ruins it for everyone. Just talking about being rewarded by running old episodes (or some way to get large groups of people interested in running it all).

But, replay badges would probably never let that happen, unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe artifacts should be made more powerful, more key to actually being successful in instances.

Then, instead of guaranteed drops of this and that, they would have a great chance of dropping, but not guaranteed. People would, on average, need to run them 3 or 4 times to get the components, generating more interest in the instances.

Either that, or another way would be to make it so that Nth-metal is divided by tiers. Artifacts past level 30 need tier 3 instances, level 40 tier 4, etc. level 80 could be tier 5 and tier 6 divided or something like that. Another option would be to have bonus episodes daily or weekly - not sure if current hardware would allow that though - that rotate, awarding double nth-metal for that instance or tier only.

Of course, the key to all of these ideas is to make artifacts more key to progression (right now they give, what, a 2-5% dps boost only?) so they actually seem to make a significant difference. The way they are now is OK as far as not being p2w, and that would need to remain as is (no boosting breakthrough penalties to like 30% sucess rates or something.) Maybe add artifacts that boost specific powersets and abilities too, letting players enhance their favorite loadouts. (or, create totally new abilities for the powersets linked to artifacts).

All of this would give players something to do in off time (well, the ones that aren't still grinding to finish the basic gear set that is).
  10. Unida Dedicated Player

put up a few diff servers, id like a pre GU 36?? was it? where clipping and PVP was epic.

id log in there.

also a perm SM option

any chance we could get spitle back?

also if i wasnt onboard from the beginning and had a lifetime sub, i cant see any way in earth id sub.

i also BOUGHT the game.....

penance is coming
  11. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

I will sub till the end!
    • Like x 2