Can we get some insight?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FinalAnswer, Jan 31, 2018.

1. FinalAnswer Level 30

Just looking for some answers from the leadership with points and questions that leave me uncertain of the games longevity..

What is being done to expand the player base?

Raids used to take less time, revamp nearly 1.5x -2x the length of the raids even when you are 40+ CR above the content, why do you want us to take longer to finish old content?

When am I going to get something real from capsules other than another style and .10-.5 skill points ?

Why do we still have gold sellers spamming chat?

I enjoyed walking into old content and trying to solo, duo, three-man, etc raids.

How come I can open 50+ time capsules, run 50+ alerts, re-run raids into the ground and still be at the mercy of random number generators for collection drops? I mean at some point I feel like I've literally paid my dues to earn a collection. Why not put collections in a quark vendor, or an extra currency drop so I have a chance to collect an OP item three tiers below me?

There is a vendor that sells uncollected styles in the watchtower respec room I feel hasnt been updated for a couple years.

I feel like the gear that drops should attune to your CR only. NOT ROLE SPECIFIC. give a boost to the crafting section of the game so your mods/exobytes determine your role. We are close to this already if you collect an elite DPS set and mod it with resto or vit you're barely under stats compared to a full healer set. IDK if that's the answer I just wish I didn't have to decide four times what I want a piece of gear to be.. pick the loot, open the loot, cr attune the loot, assign the loot a role..

How about turning some of the old raids into an alert, just a quick stat adjustment and you make content easier for us to replay?

Community events and developer involvement would be a nice addition.

There's more but I would like to see what other people think... idk...
    • Like x 2
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Are you new? All your questions have been addressed. Lol

Loot boxes are just a "thing" the entire gaming industry is doing now. Corporations make money. You're a customer
    • Like x 1
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Raids used to take 1 or 2 hours to complete, now they take 30 minutes max.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I believe I can give insight to most of your questions.

- Other than a costly marketing campaign there's not that much that can be done. Older games tend to rely on more of a word of mouth (so to speak) to get players to find them. It would be nice to see some kind of small things pop up around the internet.

- That has to do with players now having to actually play the mechanics of the content and not just push a button to get instant victories.

- Not sure what you mean by "real", TC are like most gaming loot boxes you get a prize inside. What are you wanting from them?

- Simply put, because they can never be eliminated. The spammers are free accounts, completely throwaways, those companies can make an endless amount of them. Basically the Hydra motto fits them best, "cut one head off, two more grow right back". All gaming companies do what they can to limit the gold sellers but sadly there is only so much that can be done and most of that hurts the players more than the sellers.

- I'm guessing you are asking for walk-ins, those were removed do to they were creating a great deal of issues to the system.

-That is how things work, RNG is there to keep players coming back for more. It is the reality of MMOs, it is not possible to create enough content at a fast pace to keep players playing so there needs to be an incentive to repeat what already exists until new content is made.

- You are correct, they haven't updated that is a long time. People have been constantly asking for it to be updated but nothing as of yet has happened.

- I don't agree with that idea.

- I don't see a need for that, there could be others who would like this idea but I'm not sure enough of them to make it worth the Devs time to do.

- I would need more information on what you are thinking of as community events before an opinion can be made.
    • Like x 3
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, raids were never fast back in the day. Ask anyone from year one how many hours they spent trying to finish inner.

I'm guessing your new. It's faster than ever to finish daily's, alerts, and raids.

Yes, RNG has ruled our loot system from the beginning. It's not gonna change.

Best advice I can give on TC, don't open them. Work the broker and make loads of in game money. You can get everything you need from there without opening a single TC and bypassing the whole RNG.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hytch Well-Known Player

Oh god. Inner.

"Okay... everyone turn their gears on 3. 1, 2, (someone starts turning) 3."

2 hours later

"Okay... everyone turn their gears on 3. 1, 2, (someone starts turning) 3."
    Insanity intensifies.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*spits out milk*

Raids we're faster back in the day??? LOL. Even the alerts look longer to complete then today's raids
    • Like x 2
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

IKR. I remember just trying to get thru A SINGLE boss-
    First time we beat Nexus (and we were one of the early PS leagues to do it) over 2hrs. Dox took 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

They still do that in Prison Break...
    • Like x 1
  10. Hytch Well-Known Player

Oh that's right. I forgot about that part in Prison Break.
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It's the whole, "See a button and must push it" syndrome...

Prison Break and the 4 terminals shortly before first boss
    Prison Break and the terminals in the Gorilla Grodd fight (just **** of the purple flames)
    Hecate and the switch in the middle to advance the moon phase (New moon: more adds; Full moon: stuns everyone)
    Gentleman Ghost in Ultimate Soldier

While you don't have to work the terminals in the first boss fight of Escape, it can make the fight easier especially with the people who can't be bothered to get out of the red targets on the floor because you'll be able get rid of some of those drones. This is mostly for PUG runs.
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Working as Intended..
  13. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

Content is way to easy now.
    • Like x 1
  14. BDA_HitMan New Player

This game is in a death dive, poor coding, poor layout, poor game support, lame content.....age of empire is way more fun than this game and it came out early 90's, when it was about making good games.....DCUO YOU SUCK
    • Like x 1
  15. Unida Dedicated Player

if you've been around long enough, you'd have seen all this coming.

when the game started, man, i couldnt wait to log in after work, get with the league, run cool content with iconic characters and holy cow, it was fun!

that sorta ran dry in like 2015, and has been a constant descent since then.

the game just struggles to compete for interest and attention now due to so many things being either weak, stupid, outdated, nonsensical, or frustrating.

apply the above adjectives to .... gear, marks, progression, weapons, attack mechanics, subscription + locked content/reset model, pvp, tc, rng, content delays, over-reused content, dwindling player base etc etc it's hard to find the spark to log in let alone the desire to dump hours into it anymore. the over arching question i end up asking is, why?

sad part is, i really do want to love and enjoy this game again, but i cant see the path back tbh.
    • Like x 1