GU79: Love Conquers All 2018 Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking into this. Thank you for the report.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea I just realized this when I returned to test later that night and threw it into a base, it just looked weird from a vendor view with the other 3 base items for the feat being less than the popcorn machine

Thanks, I know now
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I agree, I hopped back on test last night to look at the screen, it's kinda blinding as is, I think it would be cool to turn it on and off, but when turned on to play, the opening cinematic could play, I think that way it can save my eyes when I glimpse at it at night :p
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are checking this out as well.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are following up on these as well - unsure if it's just not straightforward enough, or if something isn't functioning.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

What about that in subtitles Mera says her name, but when she talk she doesn't? like it got cut off.
    I've seen happening with few NPC's. Subtitles are saying stuff the NPC doesn't say. Mera saying that her
    name is Mera, but not the voice actor.

Sorry if I can't explain it any better than this.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You might wish to check out Mera's textures and the textures of the aura too.

Mera doesn't seem to have as high of a resolution texture as I'm used to seeing of the more recent NPCs. The scales on her ensemble get quite blurry when the camera gets close but this could just be how it's intended.

I've also noticed that the texture of the effect on the aura is quite pixelated too. This could be a consequence of using the larger aura size, though. But I figured I'd report it anyway, to be sure.
  8. Avair Administrator

We are looking into the popcorn machine right now. Currently it only allows you to interact with it if you have no popcorn. We want to encourage larger popcorn fights or help those who really like popcorn to get as much as they want. Sadly, we have to balance this against the health concerns of buttered popcorn, prevalence of kernels, and the increasing price of corn. We will get back to you on adjustments we make within the constraints that we have.
    • Like x 12
  9. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This was a known issue and should be fixed soon.
    • Like x 1
  12. Avair Administrator

While it appears that the health benefits of plain popcorn are well documented, the popcorn we serve has butter on it, as requested. It is well known that butter in excess can cause health issues. However, we are trying to figure out how to give out as much buttered popcorn as our players desire, while also doing what we feel is healthy for them long term.

This may upset some players, but we are only trying to do what is right for the long term health of our players and the game.
    • Like x 9
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Is there anything else that happens with Mera?
    Got to meet her, hear from her, and that was it.

Also Theater Screen Large is Way too big for Sewer Lair.
    I know it says large; but it should say League Hall perhaps.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

With a little bit of ingenuity, it is possible to subvert the popcorn limitation check and stack as much popcorn as you want.

As for health concerns, we are exobyte-enabled metahumans. Keeping up a full schedule of saving the world causes a person to be really hungry. Besides, who has time to worry about the health problems associated with buttered popcorn when we have to deal with things like Darkseid's Omega Beams?
    • Like x 8
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

This thread got real nerdy real quick lol. I like it.
    [IMG]
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The DC Designer Series: Aquaman & Mera by Pat Gleason statue reward, for completing the Royal Relationship collection is really outstanding, in my opinion.

Not only is the detailing unlike anything I can remember seeing, but the fact that it has what is essentially a Briefing, built into it, is a brilliant touch.

Would it be possible for you to release an additional, smaller, wall-mounted on a shelf version, to match the other 2 statues that already exist? I'd love to see that.

Hopefully more of these can be done in the future. I'm a big fan of the 2 that are in game now. There's a whole range of statues that follow a similar style to the original Jim Lee Aquaman statue that was released in the Countdown to Water, that I'd love to see made into base items.

Good work.
    • Like x 2
  17. Oceans Developer

Glad you like it! I really love working on getting these in game!

There is a smaller shelf version that will be dropping as another reward - design is working on getting it in soon. :)
    • Like x 7
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Excellent news :eek: I'm gonna guess that will be a rare drop in the Love's Battlefield instance?

I was wondering also if there's any possibility of theatre seating being added or if it's too late for anything like that to be added? Seems to be the only thing missing from the wonderful theatre set.

I think we've already got a row of theatre chairs in game, that were released ages ago, but I was thinking of something a little more modern.

I'd also personally like to see tiered seating added, if that's even viable. I think it'd look great for League Hall cinema's but also double up as a way for players to build indoor arenas, perhaps to use as background props for duelling events or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  19. Oceans Developer

It's a little too late to add them for this round, but we'll definitely keep it in mind for the future!
    • Like x 5
  20. Kestral Committed Player

I have no idea what to do with Mera's mission I have a list of stuff to bring her filling up the side of my screen and a area selection on the mini map that appeared after I talked to her, but I have no idea what these things are she's indicating I should bring her. Was it collections that only drop in the area or something?

Also when continuing to deal with getting rid of Mr. Frieze's men around the crystals for the normal seasonal outdoor at the same time. The mission indicator is off the top of my screen above all of that text so I had no idea how many I have completed while doing this portion though I did see the edge of a flash telling me I had completed it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Update: Ok I asked around and someone finally told me what I was even looking for and was then able to find a few. Consider placing an example seahorse statue next to Mera so we players know what this scavenger hunt item looks like. There is going to be a lot of confusion over this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.