League leadership transfer after Ban Hammer!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pearl, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pearl New Player

Hi!

Recently, Daybreak has banned a huge amount of people. Sadly, our league leader was one of them who got banned. Now, our league has 90+ members and most of them are active. I am the 2nd in command along with few others members. Since, our league leader cannot come back (due to ban), how can one of us gain the leadership of the league? Because we will like to continue this league and to do that we need access to all features.
    Kindly advice.

Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is actually a legit concern in the aftermath of all this. Hopefully the devs can help you out with it.
    • Like x 7
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No. There is no way to transfer lead without the leader online.

Your league leader was very irresponsible if he exploited or hacked and that caused him to get banned. Your leader should've resigned his leadrship as soon as he broke the rules.
    • Like x 5
  4. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Thats why most leagues create a dummy account that only certain Members have access to should the primary take a break, quit, die, or in this case....get banned.

Someone from the support team will have to help out. Submit a ticket.
    • Like x 2
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

But account sharing is agaisn't the ToS. :thinking:
    • Like x 1
  6. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Ita a dummy acct with no progression involved that is straight off the ship. Otherwise..the co lead is chained to the support system.
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You can submit a ticket and see what they can do.
    • Like x 2
  8. Pearl New Player

Nick "Kaibler" B. (Daybreak Games)
    Greetings,
    In-game CS is not able to intervene in matters of league leadership in any case. If the current leader of your league is either not able or not willing to give you leadership then you will not be able to become leader of your league. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the future.
    Regards, GM Kaibler

Support team's response ^^^
  9. Pearl New Player

Thank you for the answer.

Thank you for your opinion.
    • Like x 1
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

Might as well try to get in touch with a direct message to Mepps with the details from your original post.

It would be sad to loss the league because of a mistake from your league leader you had no control over in the first place.

Good luck :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Strange..how was your ticket articulated? I have heard as little as a couple months ago that the devs assisted in transferred ownership..
    • Like x 1
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You're lucky the whole league did not get the ban hammer.

The devs would be fools to let anyone take over the league. You do not hand out a punishment and then back off of it. The league leader got the ban hammer & that was his league. This is part of real life. If you associate with cheaters & thieves. Sometimes you will get caught in the middle & pay the price. Guilty by association. Think about that for a minute.

I suggest that you start a new league because you're lucky that you did not go down with the leader.
    • Like x 3
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Geez some of these comments, it's only a game not the Olympics xD
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Make a new league with your active members and everyone move.

Keep a character in the old league for a while to log in to and check and pick up any stragglers.

Alter your message of the day to notify new people.
    • Like x 3
  15. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

If your looking to move to a league we are recruiting all proficiencies and currently recruiting
    • Like x 1
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

Why would the whole league get banned? If someone in my league does something stupid and I knew nothing about it, why would I get punished? Just because we are all in the same league doesn’t mean we know what everyone is doing at all times.
    • Like x 7
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Guilty by association happens all the time.

Have you ever heard the sayings? Which are usually true. Not always but the majority of the time they are.

You are what your friends are.
    If your going to hang out with garbage or trash your going to get dirty.

People go down and drag their unsuspecting friends with them all the time.
    This is why you never hang out with shady people unless you are willing to go down with them.
    I can tell you from experience that it's not fair but that's RL.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This is quite a ridiculous statement to make. If the league leader was truly the only person that got banned for the exploiting then he/she was most likely the only person partaking in it. Why should a whole league get punished for the actions of one person? You say in your next comment about being guilty by association and you shouldn't hang out with shady people. How exactly are you supposed to tell if a person you can't even see is shady or not? It's quite easy to hide your "shadiness" online. I have come across many people who were perfectly nice people online who then suddenly turned later on.
    • Like x 10
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I"m guessing you have never got caught in the middle of a huge mess before. I can tell you that people get punished all the time for what others did. That is in fact how you keep people on an honest path. If there is no fear of consequences then what is there? This is how you keep the honest people honest & keep the liars, cheats & thieves contained within their own groups. I'm not saying it's 100% right but you have to draw a line somewhere because liars, cheats & thieves have no boundaries.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I can tell you from experience. It does not matter if you did not know anything. When I was a kid I was with a kid that stole someones bike. He was caught and then said he was with me all day. I was punished just for being there. Life is not fair but thats real life. Unsuspecting friends of drug dealers, murders & thieves go down with them all the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.