Xbox Server Bans

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MC GreenLantern, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleetstdemon Active Player

If so that is absolutely outrageous. That would mean innocent players, buying stabilizers at the correct prices in good faith, are being milked for their cash and time to recoup potential lost profit due to Daybreak's own mistake.

Are you arguing that, if that is the case, it is the fault of the players who bought the stabilizers at the incorrect price?

If so your may want to check your moral compass, its not pointing north... :)
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Self control to not steal shouldn't be that hard. Although our prisons are overflowing, so I guess yoir right. If the opportunity to steal something is there, we should just take advantage of it. Lol, no.

I knew how to do the money glitch back in the day. I resisted and kept myself from a lifetime ban.

Not gonna feel sorry one bit for any of them.
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to reiterate - this is not a thing that is true. Please see my previous comments.
    • Like x 5
  4. POWER COSMIC Level 30

ok point blank...how many times does an official statement have to be made that it wasn't the actual purchasing that caused the ban ...and if you would purchase an error in hundreds or thousands b4 it can be corrected then ya probably exploiting anything and everything you can ...and that's when dbg will ban you...like macros ...like cheat codes...etc etc ...just play the game as it meant to be played ....mic drop
    • Like x 1
  5. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Like your posts but please don't turn this into a political discussion.
  6. POWER COSMIC Level 30

thx mepps ...this hit on the head will stop a lot of things...good job dbg
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's how business works, bud. Sorry to tell you. It's how stores deal with shoplifting, insurance companies with scammers, etc.

Innocent people pay for what dishonest people steal. That's why dishonest people who say, "I did this to help," or "I did this and it doesn't hurt anybody but Daybreak," is a liar or completely deluded. Companies have a bottom line for their investment that they have to hit. If this time capsule didn't reach its estimated profit margin, guess what happens to the drop rates in the next one?

So, if people glitch stabilizers or whatever and flood the market with items that they "stole" (yes, that's what it's called if you take something without paying for it, or paying less than the advertised price agreed), it means fewer actual time capsules are opened by A. Them, and B. other players who decide to just purchase the items off the broker.

Either way, Daybreak has to adjust to compensate for losses. If they were shooting to sell 10,000,000 time capsules, but only ended up selling 2,000,000 because every mister "I have 200,000 stabilizers that I got for the price of 2,000" opened up capsules for essentially free (and many glitching players for actually free) and sold the contents on the broker, then they have to adjust things to compensate.

In the end, honest players lose. They should be upset and angry at the exploiters just as much as the devs are. Certainly not defending them as if their selfishness turns them into Robin Hood or something. They did what they did to gain selfish advantages, nothing more.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xbox Remnants New Player

Yikes... I think you just don't like Xbox players. If only we could all be as righteous as you
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not trying to. Xbox peeps think the bans are for one thing, which Mepps confirmed, it wasn't.

This is all about stealing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I agree with you bud. My explanation was deleted - I will PM you what I meant.
  11. Xbox Remnants New Player

Xbox one market place is just fine its the ps market place that is crazy. Everything on the Xbox side is attainable but in the ps side even a rare emblem is out of reach. Ohh and isn't that credit glitch that happened years ago the reason the ps market place became so crazy. And isn't there still players on the ps server that benefited from that?
    • Like x 1
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

I was there on day one on the xbox servers. So was my daughter. That's two xbox players who have better ethics than you.
    • Like x 4
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Spending money doesn't exempt you from the terms and conditions of the game, your perceived popularity of the game or extent of player base does not exempt you from the terms and conditions of the game.

You cannot buy immunity. If you breach the terms and conditions your account is subject to a ban, If it's unjustifiable you'll get unbanned if you appeal.

and I'm sorry but if you're significantly breaching the terms and conditions of the game and you had 350sp then perhaps you should have considered the effort you'd put into the account before you decided it was ok to cheat or breach the conditions.

People that do stupid things in game often get multiple chances it takes a decent stretch of bad behavior to get a permanent ban, if an account has gone straight to permanent ban then what they did was pretty serious.
    • Like x 3
  14. SN0W5T0RM/CREW New Player

Thanks for reviewing the bans, not something you had to do. I don't know what was in the starter pack wasn't playing when this happened. A few were very happy to see others banned, not the attitude anyone should have in this game. Again thanks since no one else is going to say so.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

PS had a an almost identical glitch - at one point. Back when we had like 27 different Soders (lol) - one was returning a higher profit etc too - it def got abused lol
  16. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

If you read his post thoroughly, you'll find he didn't just quote you. Now go read what the other guy said, and try to use the context clues as to who this part of his message was referring to, you, or the other guy.

In the future, you may want to consider that if it doesn't seem like something is actually addressed to you specifically, you shouldn't assume that it is.
  17. Dene Devoted Player

This is true in some establishments here, in Australia, but only one ONE of those items

if you try to buy 100 of that item, you will get the cheapest price on 1 and correct price on 99. As it is shows you can see an error and are trying to take advantage.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I quoted two people (including you) for two different reasons in order to save time and incorporated it in to one post.

To address you more specifically, you seem to believe it is ok to cheat in a video game when you perceive the player base isn't high enough to sustain a meaningful ban.

You think it's ok to effectively cheat because they can't go without your money, because they don't have enough players.

You also then talk about an "elite whale" acting like somehow Daybreak shouldn't take action against a whale, like they've somehow earned immunity through spending.

If I was to use an analogy it's the same as saying "I frequent this store in the tiny town I live in, I pay for it sometimes and then other times I just steal everything, but that's ok because they can't go without the money I give them occassionally."

The attitude exhibited within your post shows a clear disregard for the terms and conditions agreed to when the player agreed not to cheat under any circumstances.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tallguy Well-Known Player

let me me sum this up without trolling warning!

They tried to stop the glitching but there were side affects xbox etc so, now daybreak need to fix this in a customer friendly manner.

So, wait and see what happens - because these players they lost are there paying customers.

end of discussion.
  20. UnderMined New Player

I find it amusing that PC/PS server on here all high and mighty. All the glitches and bugs that servers dealt with and in large quantity, participated in. This ban had nothing to do with those starter packs then there has yet yo be any glitch or bug on Xbox except for an accusation of dupping cosmics way back when

The starter packs were put for a price, whether the price was right or wrong or we knew it was a greater value, it was put up for a price and I bought it at said price.

To hit on what a few have stated, if it was on your server anyone on or who knew about it would have bought more than one. Your server is infamous for exploiting and purchasing an item for a low price is exploiting?

And we can compare it to similar business practices elsewhere. Here, in the US, if something on the shelf says a low price and then when its rung in on the register and rings in higher, they are obligated to sell for the price posted. Is that exploiting the store? Or expecting them to honor the prices on said items is exploiting?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.