Detail your worst day on DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Soul Dedicated Player

Lies, I raise you - May 9th, 2012
  2. Dene Devoted Player

I took the bait.. looked it up

I was like... OC was upset that we finally got the green Aura ????

Then i saw the phase dodge update & i'm assuming that is it ?
  3. useless Well-Known Player

TODAY .....lost membership after update...like most of EU/PS4 players....:mad:
    • Like x 4
  4. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I had wanted the Kryptonian Flexsuit chest for five years. Only had it as a drop twice and lost on greeds. I went into an instance and it dropped. As per the agreement with the group (everyone either had the top or didn't want it) I was to get the drop.

Wouldn't you know that a high-CR person needed on the roll and got it? Obviously, it was an "accident".

Honorable Mentions:
    Seeing Allura In-Ze's eyes the first time
    New Harley's voice
    Realizing that Daybreak put "Savage" as the faction name in AoJ instead of "****"
    The day Weapon Mastery took over
    Release of AF1 and seeing that alerts took an hour

Edit: When my league imploded because of another Senior Officer that was ERPing our Leader. I got kicked and the league went from about 25 active people that had been playing for years down to 0.
  5. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Same. I can't even log in as its telling my to delete characters. Wtf lol
  6. Roocck Committed Player

When I came back for 3 weeks spending anywhere from $70–80 on stabilizers giving everything away and quitting once again.
  7. useless Well-Known Player

yeah,not even mighty Zeus can help us :)
  8. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Yea the phase dodge changes, GU36 was close but that phase dodge change was the beginning of the end that kicked off the chain of events that led to WM/AM and the game we have today
    • Like x 1
  9. danzig999 Active Player

I think today was the worst day for a good number of players....RIP to them :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

When DCUO went F2P and server merge. Both of those came with two weeks worth of disconnects and terrible lag. Game was unplayable.

Also, update 36.....was the worst change ever.
  11. Rahl Level 30

Yup huge ban wave today, but they earned it. Took them awhile but finally caught. :p
  12. RogerBlack Committed Player

My worst day in DCUO?

Well, I started playing in Nov 2011 (when DCUO became 'free to play').
    And I joined a league after playing solo for 2 months.

But in June 2015... my League Leader passed away suddenly (in real life).
    Several members of my league knew him (offline) and talked to him multiple times per week, on the phone.

I think someone had called him (on the phone) to ask him if he wanted to join a raid... but his wife answered his mobile phone instead & tearfully delivered the 'tragic news'. (Apparently, just one day earlier, he was moving some heavy furniture in the sweltering summer heat... and physically over-exerted himself... which triggered a cardiac arrest... then a fatal heart attack.)

It was just a random fluke. The same thing could've happened if he was jogging on a treadmill.

He was a great guy & the whole league was devastated.
    He was 'the glue' that kept everyone together... having fun.

Needless to say... the league dissolved, in the aftermath.
    The vast majority of the members of that league left DCUO... and never returned.

But every few months... I sporadically run into a few old members (here & there) who remained & kept playing... but joined other leagues.

It's always good to see / hear from them... and to see the progression we have all made... and reminisce about our old league... and our old friends.

This game has definitely helped me to value every minute... of every day.... and the friendships I've made along the way.
    Whether in DCUO... or in the real world.
    • Like x 3
  13. No Crying Committed Player

The day I Resubbed