The Christmas Day Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Fleetstdemon, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Hi guys, Merry Christmas!

My main character is called Zandros Zeus.

In celebration of christmas, and also because i love playing DCUO and want to give something back to this awesome community, on christmas day, i will be giving away 100 stabilizers, various armor boxes and a few other things!

To keep things interesting, i will be doing a type of treasure hunt on christmas morning, followed by a quiz about the DC Universe, with some general knowledge questions thrown in, on christmas night.

On christmas morning, a character (whose name i will post here on christmas eve) will be travelling throughout the game. The first person to post the correct location of the character in the Watchtower Shout chat will win 2 stabilizers and 1 or 2 other gifts!
    Simply choose which 2 capsules you would like opened, trade them to me and i will open them for you. Unfortunately some things, like Quarks, Ultimate Sodas etc are untradeable. However all Collection Parts, Armor Boxes, Emblem Caches, Exobytes, Complex materials etc ARE tradeable!

This will continue until either 50 stabilizers have been won or its time for me to go to my mum's house for christmas dinner :D

The remaining capsules will be given away as part of the quiz, starting at 9pm in the Watchtower.

I will post various questions about the DC Comics Universe in the Watchtower shout chat. The 1st person to respond in shout chat wins a stabilizer and possibly 1 or 2 other small gifts :)

As discovered a few weeks ago during a similar giveaway, PC users have an advantage due to using a keyboard. So, in the interests of fairness for all, i will alternate the questions, 1 for PC, 1 for PS etc, until all stabilizers have been won :D

I just wanted to do something nice on christmas day for the people who play DCUO and help keep my favourite game about my favourite comic book universe alive!

I'd appreciate and suggestions on how to improve this idea. Also, if anyone is feeling generous and would like to help, if you have any spare, tradeable items you don't need then you could always donate them for the prize pool xd
    • Like x 2
  2. Shn275 Well-Known Player

While I applaud you for wanting to do something for the community, sadly this might not work, especially on Christmas Day. For the past few years, immature a-holes have found it hilarious to shut down the PSN & Xbox Live servers for several days starting on Christmas. You'd probably do better waiting for New Years. Just my opinion.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

How exactly do you plan to give away stabilizers? They are a currency, and the only currency you can currently trade in game is cash. Are you just going to open to TCs of the winners choice and give them everything? What if it's a collectors capsule, are you going to let them pick the collection piece?

The only other option would be to trade real world money enough to buy the stabilizers (which may be against the TOS, you may be safe though since you aren't receiving anything), but I don't think there is a $2 PSN card.
  4. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Thanks. Yeah, i'd thought about the usual christmas day disruption. I'm hoping this year they stop being buttholes and leave PSN etc alone. I can but hope lol.

I'll open the capsule and give the person the contents. Unfortunately things like quarks, ultimate sodas etc are untradeable but everything else is. As for collections, i'll tell them what the choices are and let them choose. Thats what i normally do when opening capsules for others. I usually send a screenshot if on PSN but i think i'll just tell them the choices on this occasion :)
  5. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Hey guys, merry christmas :D
    I'm having to push back the start of this morning's part of the giveaway. My internet service went down a few hours ago. Their automated message says its expected to be restored between 10am and 12pm. The only internet access i have is through my phone.

Not to worry, the giveaway will still go ahead. We'll work around this problem :)
  6. Zandros Zeus New Player

UPDATE: Hi guys, i'm really sorry about this morning, it was out of my hands. My internet is now back up but unfortunately it is now time for christmas dinner lol. I also can't sign in using psn due to an authentication error lol. What a day :D

Tonights part of the giveaway will go ahead as planned, providing my internet holds up!
  7. Luthor31 Level 30

it is doubtful i'll be able to play today, but good on you for doing something nice! If by some miracle I can get in game later, i'll look you up!
  8. Tangent0 New Player

So... is this happening? Or you stuck offline?
  9. Tangent0 New Player

I'm calling it: troll Grinchmas.
  10. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Just saw the replies to this lol. I managed to do several smaller givaways in the end, so its all good. Belated congrats to everyone who won something and for those who didn't, don't worry, another givaway is coming soon! :D