DCUO 2018. What does this game need?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WesPypes3679, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Cable Committed Player

There's a whole lot of things I think the game probably could benefit from but I'll just go with three for starters.

• PC Fixes
    1. The still unsolved mystery of the dualshock 4 controller bug that causes the game to slow to 1 fps and become unplayable.
    2. Locking the game at 60fps to prevent insane stability issues from the game jumping up to the high hundreds in fps (locking monitor framerate does not solve this, it seems to be an internal thing).
    3. Borderless windowed option (regular alt tabbing from fullscreen crashes the game), and a whole host of others. Basically just some love in terms of PC stability.

• PVP
    This is probably deserving of it's own thread, or multiple different threads for all the different problems and solutions so I wont go into a whole lot of detail. I think it's safe to say it's consensus that something or a lot of somethings needs to be done. Two things I'd like to see, the first of which is better rewards for PVP. Lairs...what is going on with the reward for that? Aside from lairs, I think the other rewards should be improved as well, so for instance if you lose a 1v1 arena match you get 150, and if you win you get a bonus 100, bringing the total to 300. Another small fix I'd like to see for PVP is making breakout trinkets work in open world, both PVE and PVP. As it stands it's just a dead slot that you use for the added toughness (even if put on a utility trinket, you do not get the bonus toughness).

• Weapons
    I would really like to see weapons be more viable. I would say WM combos may need to hit harder, but in addition to that I'd also like to see normal weapon finishers do just as much damage. The way I would suggest balancing that, is to add into each weapons tree an area where you can put stat points to increase the damage of finishers from normal weapon combos so that the same stat investment is required for both WM and normal combos. Some people have toons that are built around using a specific weapon, like a martial artist for example where it just doesn't make sense for them to break out pistols mid-fight. There should be options for those people.

Aside from balancing the damage and stat investment disparity between WM and normal combos, there seems to be a lot of weapons that people just don't even want to touch. There certainly seems to be some weapons that inherently outperform. I'd like to see some of the lower tier weapons be brought up to snuff.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

With the whole lootboxes ordeal being huge last year in gaming debates worldwide. Its safe to say as long as TC are here DCUO wont bounce back on its feet. A RNG P2W model will never succeed.
    • Like x 2
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

What the game needs more than anything is an improvement in the community as a whole. Less toxicity, more community. :p
    • Like x 7
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Preach
    • Like x 1
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It needs a strict policy like pof, jk

But seriously talking, I think this game needs more iconic powers and more ways to protect yourself and less ways to deal maximum damage, the game is too damage oriented and less superhero cosplay etc.

When I played this game for the first I was amazed how great the combat system was, were we had the option to hold our range, create multiple loadouts without the best etc., even though there was a more favorable loadout for powers even then, but just not as extreme as of today, but I am willing to move on and see what 2018 has to offer.

So for tldr. I think, new iconic powers, more features like artifacts that would help our characters grow, and less focus on power damages, if anything nerf, not buff.
    • Like x 3
  6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Although I agree, I think once the game change from being damage oriented, I think the community will change. Since it feeds negative egos and promotes elitism.
    • Like x 2
  7. DC Urban Committed Player

A toxic community does not affect subs or the number of players, because A-holes can be blocked or avoided altogether. Lets not act like every player is a A-hole. Toxic players is the lesser evil, because WoW and Over-watch are super toxic, but super successful and ever improving.

What DCU needs it can't have, lets just get over that, please....Now that is out of the way, hypothetically speaking, the DC IP needs to clone Marvel Heroes Omega imo. Throw in character creation, poof, success. That MOBA style of combat is popular for some reason.

Phone game, so the graphics are, meh..
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Whaa? Ok, I recently started using the dualshock 4 on my laptop I use when trying to get my PC account stuff done at lunch (at work). I noticed that the game became almost unplayable, blaming it on my laptop as it's not really a gaming rig. I did not realize that this was potentially related to the dual shock controller.

Is there any remedy for it, or am I just screwed with using kb/mouse on a laptop (unbearable for me)? Does this happen with all gamepad controllers or just the Dualshock4? I can probably dig up an old logitech to test with, but i'm sure it's pretty junky as my kids had it for more than 10 minutes.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You’re probably right. And the scoreboard *really* doesn’t help, especially since it always sorts by damage. If it sorted based on the role you played during the instance (healers see it sorted by healing output, etc), it probably wouldn’t be quite so bad, and more people might even consider playing roles instead of always wanting to be top DPS. I honestly don’t give a flying fig who dealt out the most damage, I only play as healer in group content so I want to see how well I did MY job. And not in a competitive sense, either. Did somebody have to do a lot of self-healing because I was too slow/distracted/having an off run? Did most of my heals go to a particular player? And so on.
    • Like x 3
  10. No Crying Committed Player

Honestly outside of the superhero Gimmick because that is this games Gimmick. This game doesn't have enough to draw a larger fan base and the fan base they have is dwindling. This isn't the type of MMO you play and play and are like wow I found something new this is an MMO where people have become content and the ones that aren't content complain about the same thing over and over again when they know it falls on deaf ears.

This game just doesn't have enough money to become bigger than what it is and with so many people stating how bad the game is on all levels, most people will never take this game seriously. Hard to change peoples minds when you have a bad reputation. P2W for the loss.
    • Like x 1
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

[IMG]

And at this point, so does this game.
    (This coming from an Atheist Jew isn't irony, it's divine intervention, only thing to save this game in its current state..)
  12. L T Devoted Player

Things DCUO needs in 2018:

• A good scandal. Give us something to gossip about around the water cooler and on the forums. Wonder Woman sexual harassment allegations? Aquaman embezzling millions and blowing it in Vegas?
    • More sex. Think Game of Thrones or Westworld.
    • PresidentLuthor. The time is now for real change and real leadership.
    • Like x 7
  13. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Instant Classic
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

they need to correct the mess that was the stats revamp.
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

AM and WM was the start of this "mess" imo. Revamp is fine, just not 100% there yet.
    • Like x 3
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you're entitled to your opinion.

mine is its a mess.

thanks for playing.
    • Like x 1
  17. Cable Committed Player

Yeah so this is a bit of a weird one. It doesn't seem to be happening to everyone who uses a DS4 controller, but it does appear to be the common link between people who are having this problem, and I never have this issue with other games using the same controller. One of the ways in which it's been narrowed down to the controller is that unplugging it and plugging it back in temporarily relieves the problem, but for me I had to do this like every 20 minutes, sometimes less. As it stands the issue seems to still be unresolved (there are also links in the comments there to other forum posts about this).

As for the remedy, I've since switched to an Xbox One controller, which isn't my preference but I haven't encountered this issue at all since making the change, which is also further evidence that it seems to be something about the DS4 and this game. So yeah changing controller type should solve the problem.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks. yeah, dug up the Logitech out of my kids room....frigging unusable. Why do kids feel the need to chew on things? I'll probably hook it up just to try and see if I get the same lag, but i'll have to get a new one if moving forward.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How's 400 banned accounts work for you? (allegedly)
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Too bad they can't make some sort of point system, where you get x points for DPS output, X points for power and healing, X points for pickups or other grabs like transporting a critical item or grabbing a console when it comes up, lose a point for dying and aggregate that into a 'score'. Ideally you'd see less concentration strictly on DPS and maybe see some people use R1 occasionally.

Or just sort the board by name vs DPS score....people would then have to do some quick math to figure out their place. Of course then I'd bet we'd see a lot of "AAAAAAAAAquaman" toon names and the like showing up. I can see it now...."Woo Hoo! Top of the board again...eat it Zattanna!"

Reinheld
    • Like x 1