Am I staying due to ego, false hope, and being delusional?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GalaxySniper, Jan 14, 2018.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

These are the questions I ask myself when it comes to DCUO. At 1st I had no problem being a whale. As a fellow gamer I think we all played and loved a game that went out of business.

The game that I loved playing, I never supported financially. At that time I pride myself on getting things for free and not giving the game a dime. And if I knew a player for spending money I thought they where not smart for doing so,

until the game went bankrupt.

That when everything changed for me as a gamer. If the game is good support the game. But DCUO is a grey area for me.

I love my league, I love playing with my league. Still love pugging. But the business aspect of it, not so much. Over time DCUO feels more gimmicky and not evolving( yet).

When Devs put more focus on stat revamp lil over a year ago (2016) I decided to buy $100 of replay badges (when it was on sale) just to show my full support on what they was doing.

My ego side as a player keeps me playing. So when DCUO finally get better, I could literally say I've been with DCUO threw the trenches and tell new players how lucky they have it now.

But that false hope of thinking is making me delusional in a sense. Didn't like TC capsules b4 revamp. But ppl defending TC while waiting for revamp to happened made sense but now it over welcome it stay now that revamp is here.

Threw the year I was hoping DCUO would evolve and I want to see it happened. I know that ppl saying Ps3 is holding DCUO back but I beg to differ..

When you have Games like warframe and division evolving towards there community and being consumer friendly

while DCUO is doing what triple A games are doing like anti consumer. Division and Warframe is setting the bar for high standards.

If DCUO wanted to improve they would've done it along time ago. This is what I keep telling myself but often deny it due to my 1st love of a MMO.

The fact that I'm running out of excuses to tell myself that it will get better since warframe evolve in a shorter time span than DCUO tells me warframe improve cause they wanted to.

And DCUO didn't cause they didn't want to Ps3 or not.

Look how division turned it around for there community so far. While DCUO raised seasonal prices, holiday sale of RB's was not as good in 2016

Now that Ps3 will no longer be the focus point for DCUO. DC really need to bring out the gig guns for the wow factor.

As much I want to be for DCUO threw the hardships for it to get better. The anti consumer gimmick is getting old and fast .

I know the easy answer is if your unhappy then leave. But when something has your heart you kinda don't want to give up on it no matter how bad it is.

But at the same time ppl who saying that is right,
    • Like x 6
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Asking questions that only you yourself can answer on a public forum is sure to be interesting. Glad I’ve got my coffee and hope you stay! :)
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

You're staying because of Wallachia, which is the best reason to stay ever.

But no, really, try taking a timeout of two weeks and see if you'll miss the game. If you do, then come back.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Breaks are a good idea. I have been playing since launch and have taken several two week "vacations". I find that it revives my interest in playing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm staying to hopes the game will finally spread it's wings and become something truly amazing, maybe with the ps3 doing away they'll surprise us, who knows?

Right now though, with every new capsule, the motivation to stay continues to wane.
    • Like x 1
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

did it ever come to you that you could ignore time capsules? or at least the collections: open as much as you can for free, use the gear and emblems for yourself and complete them for the feats with the money you earn from trading stuff you get twice and with the sell of all collection pieces. you loose only three feats per capsule...
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I asked myself the same question months ago before I took a good break from the game.

Its best to take a break. I took a break from the game and have a new perspective. I play roughly 3 times a week for about a total of 1 or 2 hours a week.

I stopped caring about skill points, I stopped caring about completing styles, just playing the game, and when the game annoys me I play something else.

But most importantly. I stopped playing support role and play only dps.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

TC are cancer. Applying feats to TC is digging their own graves IMO. No more feats with TC or materials. Prices, collections, etc. Prices will go down for sure.