Please chill out with the self entitlement.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So as of late, I've been noticing self entitlement has become more and more prevalent on the forums. First there was a thread asking for more Christmas gifts on top of what the developers have already given us, then there was people speculating and expecting the developers to reveal their issues regarding the whole Lootbox conundrum, and now there's a third thread of someone asking for more free stuff despite the fact that they've been playing this game as a F2P player.

Like this year, the developers have given us alot of good stuff. The Stats-revamp, Plenty of gifts during the release of Water, Fun little posters from the Saint Patricks seasonal. Given us PVE currency, seasonal currency, and a free aura with the winter event. They also gave us some nice stuff during the Halloween event this year. They've given us Starro(Event) AOJ, RWC(Granted it was buggy and small.) And Earth 3(which in my opinion has actually been the best episode this year out of them all.) And they've given us both a Black Friday, and Winter Sale. (Granted, it may vary if you got some goodies out of them or not, but still.)

I'm not saying you don't have the right to ask for more items, and I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't complain about stuff like bugs, underperforming powers, and broken content which has def affected the game this year. All I'm saying is really is, take a step back and think about just how much they've given us alone this year. At the end of the day, we're not entitled to information, we're not entitled to more gifts(they're gifts.) and F2P certainly aren't entitled to more than what they're given.

We are players, we submit feedback, give suggestions, and ask for newer things. But there needs to be a point when you should stop and ask yourself if this is needed? Because some of the threads as of late, just feels more like as a result of self entitlement and wants; instead of something truly beneficial.

Keep on posting, just all I'm asking is for posters(not naming individuals) to chill out with the self entitlement; and ya know, thank the developers every now and then for what they've been doing. Because yes, there's stuff that has def gone haywire and been bad for the game; but they've also done alot of good stuff this year as well, and we as players have gotten good benefits out of the stuff they done in 2017. (All except for Time Capsules; but that's just my opinion.)
    • Like x 12
  2. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I might make this a theme for these forums:

Everything for free!

[IMG]
  3. Eve YouTuber

Good thread and agreed. I love reading the different opinions and feedback players gives around here, sometimes it just seem like "Nothing is good" in some places, but It's not true. Just like there's bad things, there are always good things. I get the anger about certain stuff, I really do. But Also so grateful for what we did get this year. Game never was "Pay to win" But it simply was "Pay to Play" in MOST of it. But along it we got a lot of free gifts, free big events (Anniversary, Starro), level 10 players can play any new episode that comes out, now in form of events since Episode 30. All the seasonal events, the gift tree that gave 3 sp and many wonderful gifts - at the end of them a really cool aura. This year was the best I think for the game, in my opinion and mine alone. There's always - in everything in life, a place for making it better, for changes, for improvements. Doesn't mean this is all bad, doesn't mean it is all good. I will take this opportunity to thank the developers and our community manger Mepps for everything we got this year and looking forward for 2018.
    • Like x 1
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

Someone's looking for a promotion.
  5. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yep, I'll take my paycheck of Zero Dollars and Zero Cents please.
    • Like x 5
  7. Eve YouTuber

Is it that bad when someone wants to show for a change that they love the game? Another side, another opinion?
    It has nothing to do with "Promotion". Some players love the game, those players wants to say it out loud as well.
    Good Day, by the way. :)
    • Like x 4
  8. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Yeap
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Like x 4
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Some of the players seem like kids that dont fully grasp certain concepts.

The kinda people that make threads with terrible grammar, and actually demanding the devs do a specific thing for them.
    • Like x 6
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree, kind of.

It's not unreasonable as a consumer to want to feel like we get what we paid for. I've kept my sub up for almost 7 years. In that time, PvP has become something they no longer want to work on. While many players today either haven't PvP or don't enjoy it, that's fine. That community was very large at one time. It was a very fun and competitive time. I don't feel it's ok to let one part of the game go, while my sub price stays the same. I don't feel it's ok to come up with new money making schemes that we see zero return in the game.

I'm all for daybreak making money, but I think they should live up to what I sub for originally. I very competitive and deep game.

Now we just have PvE.
    • Like x 3
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Some of the things you consider entitlement, well I don't really agree that they are... perhaps the way that folks are wording it oftentimes (the loot box things for example, after all folks started bringing that up due to laws that were being passed and other games complying with them, prior to "truly needing to"). I do also think sometimes folks come off as entitled when they are just being curious as to things that have happened in the past and why it wasn't being done so this time around (the black friday and winter sale, we had two sales last year as well).

My nitpicking on those two instances I do agree that self entitlement exists on these forums but than again they've existed since the beginning (in far different forms). Also, their seems to be less posters (or at least the forums are quieter than they've been in the past, and no this is not supposed to be a nod to the game is dying) so us having the same topic or similar ones is more likely if their are less different people posting (although to be fair that hasn't always worked I suppose).

While I don't think this has been the best year for DCUO and there is definitely things that have upset players about this year, the devs have given lots of things this year for free and some of the complaints based off the devs the past week have been slightly silly if not outrageous.
    • Like x 2
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

My $0.02: to all the players who, for instance, say things like ‘I don’t put money in this game, why don’t I get all the stuff like those who do’, ask yourselves, ‘what has the game already given me, and what have I given the game to support it?’ If the only honest answer to the second half is ‘nothing’ or else ‘the time I spent playing it instead of other games’ then there you go. That’s why. Give the game nothing, and you have no right to expect them to give you anything you might ask for.

Remember, kids, TANSTAAFL (there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch). Nothing in life is free. The devs are making the game for a paycheck so they can have money to pay their bills, just like you need a job to have money to pay your bills. They don’t get a paycheck because all their work is given away to everyone for free, they’ll all pack their stuff and find another job where they will get paid. And then no more game.
    • Like x 4
  14. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Making a useless thread about people make a useless thread.....humm I can’t believe I’m saying this but I miss SOE-MOD-02
    • Like x 4
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Rofl! They followed me and pounced on my posts as often as they could. It was so much fun.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

i'm a legendary member, guess what i never complain about? too much free stuff.. personally i think there is never too much free stuff... the more the better... so more free stuff please...
  18. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

and to think I bought this game when it cost $60.
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not sure if some of you are getting what Jacob is referring to. So allow me to sight some examples...

Just this week we had a thread started by a F2P player demanding that the Devs add more content at lower levels so HE had more stuff to do in game. Individual has never provided a single bit of money to help the game stay profitable but feels the Devs should ignore giving US new content so he has more to do. The fact that it was pointed out that the past 3 DLCs have provided him with new content to run and that the Anniversary event was just around the corner with more meant nothing to him.

Let's go back to the Flash Cowl give away... Not naming names but there was a thread started because it was "just another HERO gift and as always the Villains get nothing" Funny because it was possible to change the color scheme on the cowl and when I made the cowl yellow and the wings on the side black.. DANG if it didn't look an awful lot like the one Zoom runs around wearing in Central City. The whole thread revolved around the fact it was advertised as being a FLASH cowl.. News flash.. if the Flash didn't exist as a Super Hero neither would any of his Rogues Gallery.. including Zoom.

Just this month.. A thread about more Christmas gifts because the FREE tree that handed out freebies for 12 straight days and eventually led to a free aura not to mention the BLACK FRIDAY 50% off sale and the CHRISTMAS 75% off sale were just not enough.

I could go on but I think that kind of makes the point.. I do not care what the event is or what they give away there is always some one out there moaning and whining for more. Do I like Freebies? Of course I do.. who does like getting some thing for nothing? But I'm sorry in real life if some one hands me a $50 bill as a gift my immediate response is not "Why can't you give me $100?" We have players out there that never think enough is enough. Believe me I know there are any number of things that need to be fixed in this game but if we expect the Dev team to spend countless hours coming up with freebies nothing is ever going to get fixed. Take what they offer, be happy and move on.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    :D
    • Like x 1