Why nerf a iconic power when everyone in the game has the ability to choose one?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NerfEveryone, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

You don't say lol. I hope you realize that several powersets in fact suffer from mediocre ST-damage. This conversation wouldn't exist in several threads if there wasn't an issue. I'm sure you know that, but you know, screw other powersets as long as my own does well right.
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

You don't make sense. Single Target abilities aren't that important in the long run for the majority of content. What really bugs me though is that it appears to me as if you just want to insinuate that players who are actually fine with the adjustment of Heat Vision only do so because their own powerset isn't that much affected by it. That is pretty contraproductive if you want to have a discussion.

My main as a tank class always switches between tank powers. As Ice you don't thave good single target abilities, that are mainly and only ST. Neither has Rage or Earth really. Try to ask Atomic Players how they do with all their amazing ST powers. But you know what: They still do great ST damage because their abilities only split after 1 or 2 targets. So they don't in ST situations.
    Just so you know I do good with these powers without HV but of course I use it for as long as it is there.

There were countless other threads where it was about the "op ness" of certain powers and people chimed in to tell everyone that yes those powers excel under certain circumstances but fall behind under circumstances. And now your argument is that certain powers underperform in single target situations and don't look at the bigger picture? Where is the sense in that?

I haven't seen any powerset "suffering". I ran the ST-raids with all powers now and some of them didn't use HV. Those who didn't use it did not suffer from bad single target abilities but from everyone else using Heat Vision. Yes it is strong, yes I really liked using it, no I don't care at all if it gets toned down or not.
    We will still beat Elite content and as soon as SM returns (if it returns) we will still beat SM. With or without a single target ability as strong as Heat Vision.
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

So now your argument is that HV is insignificant so a nerf to it shouldn't matter?
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The power sets are not balanced, even after the revamp. Until they are, it doesn't make sense to try and make iconics balance with them.
    • Like x 1
  5. NerfEveryone New Player

I agree 100% w/ you. All powers shouldn’t be balanced in damage abilities. That’s what makes them all unique. I’m just sick of rh cries for nerfs just because a power can out dance another. Iconics? When will it stop?
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Translation: I've been using (insert broken power here) now that it's being fixed I may not be top dps anymore.
    • Like x 4
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I for one would like heat vision to stay the way it is. Also you can use hv for multiple targets, btw.
  8. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Meh...not the first time they nerfed iconics...if anyone has been around since day one..its well known..just like everyone has access to weapons of their choice and those are nerfed regularly.

The community will always find cheese..be damned the original concept of how the game was originally designed to be played.
  9. NerfEveryone New Player

Translation: I was top dps until people started using heat vision which doesn’t fit into my loadout so I will cry for a nerf.
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

An April Fool's joke in the making?

A nerf soda or a nerf bomb? "Use of this item will allow you to apply damage output debuffs to targeted allies..."
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have never said anything one way or the other about wanting heat vision nerfed lol. The only person crying here is you bc you can't rely on something op to be top dps anymore.
    • Like x 2
  12. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

because players cry when their getting out DPS'd which continues the everlasting cycle of something being nerfed.

you thought the revamp was going to change that? if that scoreboard wasnt there players wouldnt care what does what damage (not saying remove it) but i guarantee things would be a whole lot different.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If we go by his mentality, then I want clown box back. Lol.
  14. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You had my attention until you said this. Now I know you are lying and it says you are a new player for your account. Now I can't even trust your words. And they have already nerfed certain sodas years ago. Where have you been?
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Making all powers equal means eliminating every individual playstyle of said power. When every power does exactly the same damage in Single Target, AoE, DoT, High Health enemies, quickly killing enemies and so on, they are just the same power with different colors. The playstyle and mechanics of each power itself makes it impossible to make them 100% even and this is a good thing. There are powers that have an advantage over others in some content, and fall behind in other content .What gives?

Chaning HV to what it will become soon will change exactly nothing. Nobody will be weak AF and nobody will be op af.
    • Like x 1
  16. NerfEveryone New Player

League: The Replacements

Day 1 player!
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Dude let it go. I really like seeing long time players, but in the end it doesn't prove anything gameplay wise. I started playing 1 year after it's launch and I still consider me pretty good. I started other MMOs years after their Launch Dates and still was able to competitively play progress content. It's about a players ambition in a game and not about how long he played it. :) Those comments are bound to attract negative comments ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. NerfEveryone New Player

I was just stating I’m not a newb. Instead of nerfing powers they should just boost others. Just my 2 cents.

Peace!
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm sorry, i'll toot my own horn but right now I am the one making sense.

Your silly excuse for imbalance in ST is that it isn't important but in the same time you mention SM while trying not to show us your sweat-piles between your armpits as you and your girls will have it aaaaaaall covered while other powersets will get the boot in ST.

The only one not looking at the bigger picture here is you, or perhaps you are well aware and trying to make your power a bit more OP in ST a little longer. You see a crutch being pulled and a selfish need of showing previous gosh darn powers that you got more juice now, and voila, we are back at the hamsterwheel.
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

So, what was your name on the original forums?
    • Like x 1