Ain't Your Ally

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Please Stop This Madness.
    Let The Different Affiliations (Hero & Villain) to use the "Tell" Option.
    Many times it happened to me that I've got a good friend while a Duty (Duo, Alert, Raid) and when I've left the area after the mission to talk to that person, it told me that "Name" is not your ally. And couldn't have seen that friend for long and couldn't enter a mission to meet that again.
    That's not all, Many TIMES Personally I entered a lot of Legend PvPs and saw someone in my group who had the Legend Character which I've needed for LPVE feat and couldn't have found that character anywhere even by shouting in the Hall of Doon or Watchtower or my League, But when came out of the Legend PvP Area to use the "Tell" option to ask for help, That was almost everytime not my ally And I and that person have lost the feats.
    I can't understand why that was like it ever, and don't want to know just solve this issue.
    • Like x 6
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree. It doesn't logically make sense since heroes and villains obviously do plenty of communication in the comics.
    • Like x 7
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Sometimes they even wind up in romantic entanglements with each other 8n the comics
    • Like x 2
  4. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Maybe you could be my Ally McBeal.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

I have encountered this problem as well. I don't see too much value in this restriction. I don't know what problem it was intended to solve. Jerkish behavior from the opposite faction? That would happen anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Whoever made the decision probably never read comic books :p
    • Like x 3
  7. Saturn Girl Committed Player

And haven't watched comic cartoon series.
    There's always a spy in each affliction. But who knows that!? :D
    • Like x 1
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Not to mention Batman and Catwoman, Hal and Carol (before the Zamorans remade the crystals into rings and created the corps), and who knows how many other Hero/Villain pairings in the actual comics and cartoons
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can invite them to a custom channel and talk via custom chat. That's how we talk to our villain sister league.
    • Like x 3
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That doesn’t solve the ‘can’t add as a friend’ restriction
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have villains on my hero's friend list... Fatal's on my friend list...
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Sorry, meant tells, since that’s what the OP was about. It’s been a long night.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering the levels of civility and respect I tend to see in chat, there are times I think the devs were wise in keeping the factions separated. If that's how we treat our own, I shudder to think about what cross-faction chat would end up being like. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Well, if nothing else....if you can add someone on the other side to your friends list...you should ALWAYS be able to send tells to those on your friends list. :p

Unless you added them just to be a pain and they block you, of course.
    • Like x 2
  15. Saturn Girl Committed Player

That's what it was supposed to be since the beginning :) :D
  16. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I use the custom chat as a work around so I'm able to freely chat with villains when they join a custom chat I created.
  17. Saturn Girl Committed Player

If you are meaning, The Voice Chat or Channel.
    I should say that, People don't join any Channel or Voice Chat that strangers invite them to.
    Then don't miss the fact, "Tell" option must get used between Heroes & Villains as much as it gets used between Hero & Hero and Villain & Villain, "Name Is Not Your Ally" Is not a good reason at all, In Comics even Sometimes A Hero becomes a Villain and opposite, and happened ever many times that a Hero has been into the Villains Affiliation as a spy and opposite.
    That's just a "Tell" :D
  18. nowburn4it Loyal Player

We used to have versus chat to talk smack to eachother...
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I could be wrong but I think part of the point is so that the game feels like it has two separate factions. It’s just an artificial way to truly make you feel like you are on an opposing side.
    • Like x 2
  20. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Originally when PvP use to be a thing on this game, there was a huge war between the factions and the trash talking between the factions was out of control. That's one of the main reasons you can't chat with someone from the other faction out of the versus or the custom chats.