How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

My point was for add heavy content like Zoo, which should have been clearer I guess when I said "for adds". Of course Electrified is the best PI. Static push loadout is a weaker "parse" by far on three targets or eight targets, but the point isn't for it to hit hard. The point is that it makes it so you obtain Circuit Breaker quicker. It's a bit odd that in a thread about how great Berserk and Circuit Breaker are that this point wasn't clear.

Getting them quicker means you may be able to do get away with doing an extra circuit breaker or more depending on conditions in comparison to your group mates over a raid. Furthermore, it means you have the luxury of being able to time them better for larger sets of adds or along with trinkets as you obtain them before your group mate who is using the Electrify loadout. It should be clear to a veteran DPS such as yourself why an additional Circuit Breaker or the ability to time them better would be more beneficial in an add heavy raid versus a loadout that parses more. If it's not clear, I'm saying the additional burn you gain from any of the conditions whether it be the extra Circuit Breaker, the more well timed Circuit Breaker, or usually a mixture of both, the Static Push loadout will exceed the amount of damage you lose from not using the Electrified PI over an entire raid.

It's the same effect for Rage. The reason people love using Relentless Anger isn't because it also adds a PI, but because it makes it so you can hit your Berserks quicker (a lot of the times back to back to back), allowing for more well timed execution and more overall Berserks.

It's the same reason a lot of people prefer Extended Supercharge over Core Strength. There's a tradeoff, and I personally believe in add heavy content Circuit Breaker is simply much more valuable than the Electrify PI, thus leading to my statement that the Static Push loadout is far superior.

You're welcome to contend this, but it's worked out well enough to the point that other Electric dps rotations using the Electrify PI during Zoo were not keeping up. That is why I made that response.
    • Like x 3
  2. Perseus Chase Committed Player

1 mill on Chill.
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

That's it? I'd bet the house on Chill
  4. AKXC Well-Known Player

so whats the agreed upon op loadout of electricity? i was thinking about swapping to elec or mental again but never played elec bc it was so bad for the longest
  5. not_again Dedicated Player

From this thread is appears to be circuit breaker, static push, heat vision, arc lightning, tesla ball, and I guess robot sidekick. I would not use this but clearly this is the super OP loadout! Git Gud!
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Lol...
    • Like x 1
  7. Op argillite Active Player

no disagreement with your argument I think powers like fire and ice are easy fixes well really all the powers are an easy fix, but people will never understand this one concept that has held true since January 2011 which is all powers being equal doesn't maximize the sales of power tokens. as long as power tokens exist all 15 powers will never be equal, why don't people understand this?. I also believe that skilled players can preform well with any power and compete maybe not top dps with the so called worst power in the game vs an equally skilled player using elec or rage but when you facture in the fact that 90% of players in dc suck if your good you can beat 90% of players with ANY POWER.
    • Like x 1
  8. Op argillite Active Player

9. Op argillite Active Player

when are all you goofs gunna realize there will NEVER BE BALANCE IN THE GAME, and there's once reason why which is POWER TOKENS. having the game unbalanced at all times drives sales. basically you have only 2 options pay $10 or shut up.
    • Like x 1
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Welp, the nerfs are coming guess we will see how this pans out. Is it enough? Will it take Earth and Gadgets to the top over Electric and Rage? What will we cry nerf next? Fire and Ice are easy fixes. Hope that is next to get some attention. Sorecery, Mental, and Quantum (aside from Timebomb) all got some buffs and adjustments. I'm seeing some attention being paid toward balance...so I can rule out that things are already balanced and it's a matter of respec or get gud. Actions speak louder than words. Even if those actions aren't as fast as we would all like.
  11. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Lol this got me dying honestly.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Some people just need built in excuses
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This is a good point. SP is great if you are using a SC Build for Electric. If you are not using a SC build then SP isn't great for the build. It depends on the player's playing style. SC Build is much more fun to use though in my personal opinion and it helps with single target boss fights as the SC power can be popped a lot of times during boss fights with lots of health and is great for Elite.
    • Like x 1
  14. Estabanbuenojr New Player

15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Guess we know what type of nerfs and cries we will see. And what ppl need to complain about . Cool, cant wait for that time. Because in the end, ppl will keep complaining until only THEIR power is the op 1. And of course devs listen, when they nerf and buff others it's because of power tokens, so they win either way.

So it'll look like they listening and they get the $$$
    • Like x 2
  16. Malfunkshunn Well-Known Player

The static push LO has far better burst/front loaded damage in comparison to the electrified dot loadouts. In groups with multiple berserk users, or front end damage powers like gadgets, etc the push loadout, and a few other loadout are far superior to the electrified loadouts.
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

You have to admit you knew this was coming. Rage isn't so much an OP powerset...it is the Beserk SC that was way OverPowered. No other SC came close...especially with how fast it would build up. If other powersets had SC's that had the damage potential of Beserk alot of conversations about Rage would be different. As far as I can tell...Beserk wasnt nerfed that much, it will still pull great numbers. IMO it should have been nerfed down to 75% to 80% at the most. It still stands at 90% and it was 100%. 10% isnt make or break like some believe. 20% to 25% would have made more sense...so it's not all bad news for Rage.
  18. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Oh of course lol. But whose fault is it really? The devs, they butchered some of the powersets, and now they getting buffed. And others getting nerfed, simply to increase sales which from playing since day 1 it's pretty obvious to any1.

But it's ok, that won't change anything for me. I'll still be rage since it's my fav power. Whether it's nerfed to the ground or just a minor nerf
    • Like x 1
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Own it bro. Ima be Fire till they shut it down frfr. OP or Not. Ima be the best Fire I can.
    • Like x 1
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Heck yea man. Same, I tell my friends and league mates same thing. Pick the power you like more and stick to it and do best you can. I mean I was rage since day 1 so I been through it's lows and highs, but never stopped me from doing decent
    • Like x 3