Anybody else seen really low CR players in the event duo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by M.R. Thomas, Dec 16, 2017.

1. M.R. Thomas Level 30

The last couple days i have played the event duo (the visitor) my partner has had a CR less than 30. I have no idea how they have one that low when the game automatically buffs you to CR207. Any ideas? Todays "partner" was CR 15. Yeah, i put partner in quotations because they decided to run around the map and see how many adds they could pull over to me while i was trying to push the button at the opening.
  2. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Pretty sure the "Event" duo is open to anyone over CR 10. Might be wrong. Was just supposed to give everyone a taste.
    • Like x 1
  3. M.R. Thomas Level 30

i know its open to everone but it also buffs your CR. My Cr is just now 170 but it buffs me to 207 everytime i play the duo
  4. Kzinti Committed Player

I think it's a bug that's been happening for a while now with all the events. Anyone over cr30 you will see them as 207 or 34 or whatever depending on event, but people under cr 30 you will see their actual cr. (27, 15 ,10 etc). The below cr toon will see 207 on their screen. but on your screen is will show their actual CR. So they are being buffed, it is just not showing on your screen.
    If they can play the event correctly is a different story...
    • Like x 10
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they are not wearing a piece of gear or wearing PvP gear, it does not bump their CR up. Their stats are still boosted tho.
  6. EK1975 Well-Known Player

From what I have seen. If you're in the event, and a new player comes in, their cr will not appear buffed on your screen.
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

People also go into instances with pvp gear on. A quick armory press puts you back in pve gear.

But if its an event instance, you'll see either the number 10 through 30 for level, and numbers above are cr. So 34 is like a new player.

having a mix of pve and pvp does this too
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Does it matter?

Like you're clamped or buffed to the instance regardless if your level 10 or level 30.

in my eyes, as long as I get what I came for from the event I really don't care.
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Players have a choice in the Settings as to whether or not to show their PvE CR or their PvP CR. If they have it set to show PvP CR, that's what you'll see, including in PvE clamped/buffed zones.
  10. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

In the clamped version of the instances, your CR will not raise if you are not passed level 30. You still gain the proper stats needed to get through the run. It's a good thing they took away CR differential otherwise those poor low guys would never be able to get through one add.