Potentially Stupid Questions Regarding Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ultra Lightspeed, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Ok, everyone. I'm looking for some guidance here.

I have returned to active and consistent play for a couple months now. I did pop into the game semi regularly but missed a few things. First thing I did miss is the first explanation of Time Capsules, their associated feats, ect.

I'm up to speed on how they work now, but I have some other questions. It is likely that they have been addressed before, but a lot of the discussion on the Time Capsules makes it hard to find.

So, I see that these Time Capsules drop collection items and style items, which give you feats, auras, ect. I also see that they have rotated them out to drop different things. I have a small amount of early capsules and significantly more of the later ones. But I think I have some of each type. I've looked into what I would need to complete styles and feats and I doubt that I will be able to complete some of them based on what I have in my inventory.

Will the older Time Capsules ever be rotated back into the game, or did the devs specifically say that it's a strictly limited-time thing? If not or so, can someone provide a source?

Given that I am a completionist, and my time away from the game centered around moving and work (that thing that allows me to keep playing), it would be a real drag if I was locked out of those items forever. I know the broker is an option and I got some missing stuff, but I don't have the cash for all of them. Besides, the broker is not a guarantee I will ever finish the collections- and certainly not the non-tradable stuff. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the game rotating older capsules in for limited times like a weekend or something.

So, I guess the big question is, "Am I pretty much screwed here?"

Boy, that sure would be disappointing if I am, because I do love the game and I am willing to be patient to collect and open the capsules, if there was a way to progress here.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

U can buy the Time capsules from broker , there are plenty in the game, at some point mepps said they will rotate them but that never happened and no clue what the status is atm.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

Yeah the broker is your friend here.

After (I think) the third time capsule, they had a "Resurgence" where older time capsules would randomly appear and they sometimes dropped an "anomaly" capsule that gave a higher chance at getting the rare drops. It seemed pretty popular.

So yeah, there's hope that older capsules will drop again.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Thank you, that is something of a relief. I hope they do rotate them.
  5. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Thanks for the information. I wish I got an in-game explanation of these things the first time I encountered them. I would have played a bit more at the time to collect them.
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

If you're a completionist, I have bad news.

You will never complete all those feats without spending a lot of real money.

I have every time capsule feat and have never bought any stabilizers, but I spend hours and hours grinding and working the broker to pay for things off the broker. It's a relentless process. I could never go back and get all the feats from all the old capsules if I were starting now.

To quote Mepps in a livestream, "we want you to buy stabilizers".
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Even If you had enough time capsules good luck trying to complete whats in them without spending any money.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Actually, older time capsules were rotated in once this year, you forgot the Resurgence Event.

Mepps stated last year that they would rotate capsules back in at undetermined points...and point in fact, they have done so at least once. You can still get your hands on older Time Capsules and capsule styles (Emblems and Gear) from the broker.

I give you fair warning. Whether they rotate back in or you open 100 older time capsules, RNG will vary from capsule to capsule set...and most of it is pretty brutal. The hardest to complete feats will be for the Auras and Materials. You need to be prepared to not complete these things. Good luck.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

*has happened once.
    • Like x 8
  10. useless Well-Known Player

should put TC's drop location based,so if you want older ones you play where they drop....
    • Like x 2
  11. krytine Loyal Player

I thought it only happened with like 3 tc and for like 2 weeks
    • Like x 2
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The Time & Space Anomaly Capsule in March, 2017, dropped a subcapsule that was a random choice of one of the previous time capsules. Presumably they'll do this once a year or so, though that's only a guess on my part.
    • Like x 2
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

As a completionist yes u r screwed

It takes hundreds of millions every TC. Unless u r a broker junkie good luck
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i thought there would be an end were the TC's would rotate with no new coming at that point.
    i guess i missinterpreted that. actually, they bring out new ones till the very last day of this game.
    only on special events (as mepps replied, happened once) they come back for a short time again.
    however: some of the collections are as rare as they get sold for hundreds of millions on the broker.
    keep that in mind: there is no guaranty for such a rare drop, even if you open hundreds of capsules...
    • Like x 2
  15. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Thank you for the information, everyone. Thank you, Mepps, for your input. I have spent some time on broker and made some progress with this. I'll keep on with that, but I want to play DCUO not "Day Trading: The Video Game." Hopefully, the game will establish a fun and acceptable balance for me.

The Resurgence Event is an encouraging sign, hopefully the game will make use of that again.
  16. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I would just buy what i need from broker instead of buying TC and getting stabilizer to unlock them, most of em are cheaper now since it old.

Trust me my friend......just ignore most of those feat if you can't get it, a friend of mine spend almost $200 and still not get everything from this new TC, I miss at least 25SP from TC myself.....but I say screw it lol.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a balanced approach. I'll look for deals where I can on individual items or TC. I do want the feats, styles, and whatnot but I can be patient. And I wont spend much real money if I don't know what I'm getting.