Mini-Nuke needs a buff

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Mini-Nuke (Munitions)

Cooldown: 6s
    Power Cost: 450
    Damage: 5k non-crit and 10k crit on each target (3 targets)
    Might: 19k

Frost Blast (Ice)

Cooldown: 3s
    Power Cost: 400
    Damage: 13k non-crit and 27k crit each target (3 targets)
    Might: 19k

Buff Mini-Nuke pls!
  2. Zpred Dedicated Player

Do they have the same cast time?
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Mini nuke do same damage as emp. It need to be buffed
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

No. Mini-Nuke has 6 seconds.

Or they buff Mini-Nuke to take the same damage as Frost Blast does or they reduce the power cost from 450 to 300 and the cooldown from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
  5. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

what the hell....the mini nuke is a tactical power which is better used on adds. Being munitions i can honestly say its my best power but its not the best on single targets.
  6. Zpred Dedicated Player

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I meant, I don't mean cool down i mean the actual time it takes for each to hit their target?
  7. Zpred Dedicated Player

Edit. Also do they both have the same range? I'm not trying to say it does or doesn't need a buff but I'm just trying to gather every variable before hand.
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Sorry for misunderstanding. Certainly between 1.8 and 2 seconds.

Frost Blast is melee or midrange.
    Mini-Nuke is melee or midrange or range.
  9. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

The issue here is that mini nuke is clippable for full damage and it can't be interrupted, where frost blast is a channel and you can interrupt it and it cannot be clipped at all. Also the cast time for frost blast is twice as long as mini nuke, which accounts for the damage difference in the time it takes to do a 1 frost blast you could do a mini-nuke and your next power like chaingun etc
    • Like x 1
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

Hmm Ok, well the cycle i can see here then is, if you buff mini nukes damage to match frost blast you will then need to increase frost blasts range to match mini nukes range, but then i think this will interfere with other cast time powers that would need to be adjusted so they are all in the same sort of position or really close.
  11. Zpred Dedicated Player

This is what I was trying get at in my comments but you have said it correctly thanks.
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

A max range burst power does less damage than a midrange channel? Shocker!
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

What in fact bothers me is the fact that it has a long cooldown and a long power cost with a damage considerably not so big for the power cost that it has. 50 cal takes more damage. It's channel, non-clippable but takes more damage.
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

"The issue here is that mini nuke is clippable for full damage and it can't be interrupted, where frost blast is a channel and you can interrupt it and it cannot be clipped at all. Also the cast time for frost blast is twice as long as mini nuke, which accounts for the damage difference in the time it takes to do a 1 frost blast you could do a mini-nuke and your next power like chaingun"

This.
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Its like comparing damage out from a healer amd a tank.. 2 things that habe nothing to do with eathother. Mini nuke is fine
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Mini nuke does the same damage as Emp. It does need a slight buff
  17. Apolloin Well-Known Player

You do know that frost blast can be used at full range right?!?!? Frost blast can hit from a pretty good distance from its target. So, it's not really a mid-range power.
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Buff it by reducing the cooldown. Simply reduce it from 6 to 3 seconds cool down. Matter of fact just reduce all 6 second+ cooldowns to 3 seconds or less across the board in all powersets.
  19. Ully Committed Player

As a long time Munitions player, I've become accustomed to the lack of attention given to mini nuke. My biggest issue with mini nuke in its current state, is the lack of consistent critical damage output. Imo, the damage varies too much for a 450 power cost. If any adjustments to mini nuke involve adjusting other powers , then I'd be okay with it, as long it renders consistent crits for a costly power.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

On the contrary. Doing the same as EMP only means that EMP would be underperforming because it is a power that can't be used at full range. And EMP is actually fine..

You could compare it to Ice Boulder Strike if you want to compare it at all. But certainly not with Frost Blast or EMP...