DCUO Episode 30: Earth 3 - Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, they're always screwing me over like that. My Starro videos refer to the Conqueror style by it's original name "Astral Warrior". I sometimes still get comments on YouTube asking why their 8 Stabiizer Fragments didn't turn into a Stabilizer, as per my video's instructions prior to the change a couple of days after it went up.

I've taken the liberty of calling the new Captain Cold style (which remains "Captain Cold" currently) by it's name on the vendor and R&D plans "Cold Commando", but knowing my luck it'll remain as "Captain Cold" :p

I'll make the necessary changes and work on new thumbnails to get things up to date. Thanks :)
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Do all the base items you list count toward the 10 and 30 collection feat? I've taken and bought way more than five. I just checked and it seems some of the drops don't count for the feat. Why is this? For instance, the ones I'm not getting credit for...

Bat-Signal Light - Wall
    Owl-Signal Light - Ceiling
    Municipal Bldg Painting - A
    Municipal Bldg Painting - B
    And several of the monitors. Static or otherwise.

Why would Bat-Signal's Light - Ceiling go toward the feat but not the one on the wall? o_O

And why would the Ceiling for the Bat work but not for the Owl? :mad:
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, so basically some/most of the items count towards the feat. But other items don't.

If the tool-tip for the base item contains the italicised line "Earth 3 Trophy", then that contributes towards the 10/30 feats. If it doesn't, then it doesn't count.

This was added after I started taking record of what base items were dropping in the game, so I don't have a comprehensive list of which items do and do not count. However, it seems like the base items which don't count are Briefing/Investigation/Collection rewards and Base items that drop from the Owner's Treasure Box.

Those 4 items you specifically listed are exclusive to the Treasure Box, so that's why they won't be counting. There's a "Flastscreen - Static" monitor, too, which is exclusive to the Treasure box, that won't be counting towards these feats, either.

Personally, I wish they'd scrap the "get X base items" feats and replace them all with a singular 3 or 4 star "Checklist" style feat. This would make it abundantly clear which base items are featured in the episode and contribute towards the feat.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Before all base items in that Episode's set counted. Now they don't. *grumble*

Yet again, things get chanced with no notice. :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

just quote you here:

Got the counterfeit ultrabuck collection twice from the Cyborg Reward Box (Daily)
    That Owlmanhistory is from the alert, but can't remember which boss. (not 100% sure)
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nah I don't think they did change it, tbh. I think it was always working that way. Then again, I wasn't paying that much attention and some things definitely changed on Live that weren't on test, like the Owlman and Johnny Quick styles being renamed to "Owlsuit" and "Quicksuit".

Thanks for the updates :) I'll pencil these in on the guide.
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't see anything about the collection "Syndicate Strike: Multiversal Offensive". It's a 12 piece collection, so far I only have the following pieces from defeating the open world bounties

4 Owlman's Crushed Chinstrap
    8 Superwoman's Chipped Fingernail
    10 Ultraman's Ripped "U" Emblem

They each dropped off the respective bounty when I had the mission. My current thought on this collection is that each of the 4 possible bounties (Johnny Quick, Owlman, Superwoman, and Ultraman) each can drop one of three collections related to them. It looks like Johnny Quick is collections 1-3, Owlman is 4-6, Superwoman is 7-9, and Ultraman is 10-12.

On the Broker, I see
    Johnny Quick's Soiled Boot
    Johnny Quick's Vibrating Eylash
    Owlman's Saliva Collection
    Superwoman's Cape Shred
    Ultraman's Recovered Blood Sample

So there's still 4 I don't know the names of.
    • Like x 1
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Extracted exobyte data:
    Thomas Wayne.
    Lois Laine.
    Kal-something.
    Jonathan Allen.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrPlumberman Active Player

So there's still 4 I don't know the names of.[/quote]

And the reward is owl signal - interactive
    • Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know the collection existed until I ran the bounty on Day 1, on live.

My schedule is pretty packed at the moment, but if I can find the time, I'm gonna work on getting this information documented.

As others have pointed out, the reward is the Interactive Owlman signal, which I believe is identical in every way to the Interactive Batman signal, just with the Owlman emblem on it. Has a 50 point feat attached to it, too.
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

no problem, I just finally got around to adding the new styles and collections to my personal spreadsheet so I don't have to dig through feat menus to see what I've collected, and noticed this was missing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I got Owlman calling Card twice from alert.
    • Like x 1
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the update and sorry for the late reply. I've also seen a friend get this item from Owlman, too and have updated the list.
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Last night I got Lois Lane’s Press Badge from the NON Elite raid. I’m 100% sure, as I’ve never even run Elite.
    • Like x 1
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

My personal theory with all those collections is that they can drop from the same bosses in regular, but possibly have a slightly higher chance in elite. It would be consistent with what the devs have done in the past in regards to OP drops. Unfortunately, I have terrible luck at getting op drops so I don't know that I will be able to confirm this.
    • Like x 2
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Sounds very plausible though, you are probably correct.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

That's my theory, too.

Do you happen to know if it was the same boss as the one reported in the post?
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yes, sorry. Same boss !
    • Like x 1
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I've seen this drop twice in the visitor's duo, first boss
    • Like x 1