Sever Hot FIx Dec 2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fed up player #10, Dec 2, 2017.

1. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

this has happen many times before that's why it was change to be same as second best gear and you will see more threads on this forum again about this unless these people end up quiting. because the only way to get best gear now is to go through elite content so brace yourselves.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Look at those guys cr score. They have multiple elite pieces and have replayed content 30-60 times. They are suppose to be killing it in 15 mins. Saying that, the raid is actually easier now
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Buff? I just ran pane 3x. And it's easier on ultra man this was a,nerf hate to say it
  4. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I ran Pano E for the first time last night & I actually think the devs got it mostly pretty spot on regarding the difficulty...Especially as the easier of 2 Elite raids.

I hear a lot of complaints about how Elite is punishing & not difficult. Ofc if it's difficult & not punishing a Group should be able to go in, follow the mechanics perfectly & get it done. If I'm not mistaken, that's what we want in Elite content.

My personal experience was we went in, beat the 1st boss on 2nd try (some of the Group had been in previous week so not entirely blind), 2nd boss, a few wipes & a few people who were able to switch to tank...3rd boss we wiped a good few times & we live to fight & learn another day.

This is much better than Zoo E, far less random. If you can go in & beat it in 15 minutes, well done to you, you're a Group of good players.

This is as close to how Elite should have been upon release for a few episodes so devs & testers get a thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 7
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Its not supposed to be easy. That's why it is referred to as elite.
  6. Perseus Chase Committed Player

IMO clown box was a cheat/glitch while Amazon Deflection is an OP of a shield since it got no limits (or at least not that I know of) of how much it can take.....it does have some draw back like you can’t move while using it and a long cool down time....but it you use it in Pan E somehow it became this OP.

As for the hotfix.....humm I don’t know how I feel about that, if I ran with a regular group that I normally ran elite with then it shouldn’t be a problem (I think) but I do pug a lot since I really want the Owlman elite style....and I have ran the elite at least 14-15 times and out of those we fail to beat the last boos 3 times cuz there are always 1 or 2 Dps still want to Dps insted of block when Ultraman launch the group or a tank that use immunity when Ultraman Incase people in ice block....I can imagine that not a lot of people willing to take a random LFG pug into elite because of this hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

We catered to everyone long enough, and we had to literally change the game because we made it too easy.

It's one raid. If you would like to get it done, make it a goal of yours to join that league.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Didn't read much of the thread, but just giving some "feedback" in the changes. It's really not that hard.
    Did PanoE just once before the buff, but with half of the team not being in voice chat and 5 ppl never running it before. So more or less a blind run with some great players without any high cr. (max was 221).

1 point: Always freezing makes the raid easier
    2 point: Even without protection it hits hard enough, but the laser is fairly easy to avoid. Don't break out of ice, as tank you can run a circle and as heal/troll you can easily go out of range
    3 point: Just split up so you don't damage ppl around you, easy positioning
    4 point: Again, either you're fast enough or you're dead...like before the buff.
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Your “we” has great influence, it seems.

How did that happen?
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Just like always, ignorant people take the example of complaints from guys who doesn't want hard content and try to apply it to the people that actually do want hard content. People who like hard content didn't whine about DWF, but the majority of the playerbase that likes to be spoonfed did. for over 300 pages. :rolleyes: LOL.

People who actually like hard content have been complaining when the Elite content has been bugged to the point where the content is almost impossible, to where the challenge is just punishing with a lazy one-shot added instead of actual mechanics and dependant on being lucky with mechanics lining up in a correct order and not a big, broken mess. That's not the same thing at all as the drivel you typed up there.
    • Like x 1
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Just ran PanoE. Nothing has changed. Still easy.
    • Like x 2
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Forgot to edit, the "nerf DWF"-thread was over 100 pages, not 300. :p
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Well basically after people started literally falling asleep being an ice dps, doing 400k crits clipping mass terror with granduer, neglecting powers for years and killing any spirit the game had left watching people with OP powers and materials spamming duel pistols.... We decided it eas time for a change
  14. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Just ran it 3 times today.......dont see anything different beside the first boss.:)
  15. Kestral Committed Player

I was in one of the groups that beat it first day. We managed that because last boss was bugged so that there was no 2 death limit for pickups. Not that it wasn't a skilled group but that definitely made things easier.

Otherwise regarding the difficulty of this raid. First boss is a good challenge of group coordination and patience. 2nd boss is one where you mock someone mercilessly if they die since the main mechanic is 'don't stand in fire'. If the mechs do more damage here now then maybe there will be a reason for a 2nd heal on this boss. For 3rd boss i'm really glad they addressed the fact that the frost attack was failing to work more often than not on elite. That is the main reason groups have been having trouble with last boss in my experience, other than the usually bad luck for the timing of other attacks. I never noticed the lasso did any damage to others before if you failed to break out but that's not a complicated addition. And lastly ultraman's beam should be a oneshot by design so yes it should continue to function this way as players level and not allow them turtle and survive the main risk of the match.
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

To be fair, the Owlman fight was certainly too easy, first attempt no wipes.

The changes to the Johnny Quick fight as described above don't indicate whether the intention is to make it easier or harder. As it stands, everyone just runs to the middle of the room and I'd be surprised if that has changed.

I accept your point about the changes to the last boss fight.

When we have two new elite raids at a time, as with OlyE/GoMe and JFAe/USe, it seems reasonable that one should be a bit more beatable than the other. Especially with ZooE 2nd boss being ridiculous.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Elite is intended to be skill-based, punishing mechanic failures, and fair. We also want a clear separation between regular and elite versions of content. We have spent quite a lot of time spectating raid groups on live, looking at what the data tells us, and having direct conversations with a range of players who volunteered their feedback.
    • Like x 5
  18. Kestral Committed Player

And you did a good job with this one. I'm definitely enjoying it. :)
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's good. Thank you, I'll be trying this out soon.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Spectating? Uh oh. Guess I should've dressed better.