Suggestion for the Skill Point tree

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Dec 3, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

An old thread from back in September has reappeared today and got me to thinking... When they revamped the system exactly why did we get...

Might/Power as an option to place SP but no other tree points that follow along the lines of fairly popular mods? I GET the idea.. Combining might and power gives that DPS more damage potential and helps increase power so he or she can keep firing longer without running out.

OKAY so what happened to the rest of the ROLES?

Why is it Vit and not Vit/Dom to aid those troll trying desperately to keep an entire team powered up?

Why just Dom? How about either Dom/power or Dom/Might for those Tanks out there

Why just Resto? Why not Resto/Power to help the Healer AND the Troll trying to keep the healers power up so he can keep healing.. or Resto/Health so the healer stand a slightly better chance to stay alive

The stand alone health slot is okay..while my guess would be the tanks use it more than anyone else it is still an OPTION for any role...

And Precision could be Prec/power as well but most powers require more might.. its the weapons that need precision (for the most part.. not always) so not quite as big an issue.

The thread I mentioned was based on number of SP in any slot and was, of course, started by a DPS that wanted to pour every single bit of SP into might....... At that point they were limited to 175 and that is now up to 195. LOL My guess is there are still dps out there just totally frustrated that they have to "WASTE" SP on some thing like health? "OMG .... isn't my health the responsibility of the Healer and the Tank? Ahy am I wasting SP on that?"

Now imagine how much more effective a TROLL could be with a Vit/Dom slt they can pout almost 200 SP into and increase the effectiveness of both. Or a Tank that can slot 200 SP into Dom/Might .. as if Atomic tanks are not bad ***** enough as it is :) Just sort of seems like another case of ignoring the needs of the support roles while catering to what the DPS want.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because PftT DPS is power hungry. They should have just eliminated Power as a stat you spec into altogether.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Edit: nevermind, I can't read today apparently
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

How many ways can a Troll spec now and still be able to perform as a competent troll?

How many ways can a Tank or Healer spec and still be able to perform there respective roles?

I truly get where the OP is coming from, but what exactly would having more vit, dom, or resto due for those roles that they can't do now?
  5. Zpred Dedicated Player

I would of liked to see vit n power in the vit tree like might power has
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

WELL... Vit increases the Trolls ability to provide power .. the higher the numbers the better the power out.. including POW which now occurs with any and all attacks.

Dom? For a troll it increases the effectiveness of stuns and holds.. leaving mobs helpless while the team blasts them to dust. NOW of a tank.. I am going to be 100% candid here.. I have heard so many things that DOM can or cvan't do for a tank even I get confused. Supposedly now they say the amount of DOM a tank has helps determine how much he can heal himself. I've also heard, in the past, that since most tanks have some sort of knock down/stun attack DOM can make those stronger (just like it helps the TROLL's stuns) Only thing i know for sure since YEARS ago players used to on here screaming about it.. DOM does not have anything to do with Agrro! LOL

RESTO for a healer? Ummm same thing as Vit for that troll.. Higher the resto the more each of those ticks of healing that healer throws out there does.

Now use some of my suggestions and let that troll increase Vit and Dom in one tree slot and suddenly they have more sp to use to improve both.. plus some left over to increase things like Might/Power. Since POW occurs with ANY attack a troll uses wouldn't it make sense to increase how much damage those attacks do as well? Dom/Might or Dom/Pwer for a tank? added heals plus they run out of power less often or their attacks do more damage while they are holding aggro and stunning the mobs/boss.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OMG please no.. as a TROLL trust me it is bad enough as is.. I still have players that can drain every bit of player they possess in seconds without doing away with Might/Power. LOL at least they are getting some added power boosts now. God help us what it would be like without the added power in that slot :eek:
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know I wonder if they separated the might and power stat like it was on test server, if there would be a lot less PFtT DPS.