Why is there a prestige cap?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zpred, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

As the title states why is there a prestige soft/hard cap with league halls? I can't remember the reason for it when it was introduced.

And is it still really needed?
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yes, so that really large leagues don't put small leagues at an even bigger disadvantage thus "forcing" players to leave their small leagues and join big ones.
    • Like x 4
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

Really? I thought there might of been a better excuse then that.
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It's a pretty good reason IMO.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zpred Dedicated Player

Edit: I don't get it because my league isn't large at all yet we still manage to cover our proficiencies and have bank spaces and statues etc, we don't have any disadvantage over big leagues when it comes to those specific things. Only disadvantage we would have is less people to play with.
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

There are leagues of like 1-2 players. They probably have issues reaching the cap.
    • Like x 3
  7. Zpred Dedicated Player

Oh right ok, well I don't want to tell people how to play the game or judge etc but is it even worth being In a league then.

So my league is capped because of some leagues that have 1-2 people in them that can't afford the things? Yet even with the cap we can maintain the proficiencies so regardless of cap those leagues are going to be at a disadvantage no matter what.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's being at a disadvantage, and then there is great disadvantage. Also, they may have had some plans for further expansions at the time of creation that may have been abandoned (like so many other ideas). You can't conceive of these disadvantages for others, but they have to foresee these sort of problems and do their best to eliminate or minimize them.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

This part of your comment, doesn't line up with this.

And this is why there are caps. Who are you to tell others how to play? You already want to change how people play because you don't see any value in it.

But, if your league isn't having issues maintaining proficiency with the cap, why do you care?
    • Like x 2
  10. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Small league could careless about “your” league.....if you can maintain all the proficiencies with the cap then there is no reason to complain about it is there.

The cap was there so that is not gonna be a huge difference in a big league and little league, a friend of mine got an 10 men league since they only want a small friendly league.
    • Like x 3
  11. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Some people just think having their own League Hall to own/decorate is pretty neat.

My main & 2 main alts are in a proper League & the rest of my alts are in my own personal League. Those alts don't get much attention, but they managed to get their own League Hall & a fair few statues. Buying the proficiences isn't worthwhile cos I don't get to play them enough. Not that it's something I've ever used but the bank space could also be handy.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As someone who's been having league trouble for the last few months, the proficiencies don't make enough of a difference for this to be of issue. I get why the cap is there, but it's not really justifiable anymore when the buffs associated with leagues barely make a difference on performance.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was never really sure what good that cap did anyway... SO okay a huge league with say 175 members pulls in enough Prestige and has every single league buff active.. and still manages to acquire enough extra prestige to hit the cap..... Now aside from buying extra slots for the bank exactly what other HUGE advantage can that league possibly hope to purchase and offer its members? Not many huh?

So what makes the difference if they have 400,000 or 600,000 available when the buffs need to be rented again? As long as the league members stay active they are still going to be pulling in enough prestige to keep all those buffs open and once they buy those added bank slots they don't disappear every month and have to be bought again. If that is the case... cap or not that HUGE league still can entice members with the "promise" of better buffs than the one with 2-3 members that can barely keep 2 or 3 buffs going.

Now if you want to look for a really devious reason behind the cap how about this...... Your 150 man league has all the buffs active and hits the prestige cap every single month.... With that cap in place it almost forces your members to log in and play to get MORE prestige to keep those buffs going since it isn't possible to stockpile a huge amount of prestige and then just use to activate buffs even if NO ONE plays at all for a month. Picture some evil scientist in his secret lair below an active volcano ...

[IMG]

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. HAHA... HAHAHA... heheh? PLAY PLAY the game until you drop you fools or i shall take all your prestige and leave you buffless and alone! Muwahahahaha.. *Cough* *Chock* *Gasp* muwahaha!.
  14. Zpred Dedicated Player

1st of all I'm not complaining I'm enquiring and trying understand a real valid reason as to why, secondly it's not just all about proficiencies, id like to buy some more bank slots and tabs but with the cap and the upkeep of proficiencies makes this quite difficult due to the price costs. And as I said my league is very small too and yet the proficiencies isn't the issue, so regardless of cap or no cap small leagues with 1/2/3 will always suffer with or without a cap.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not true. A buddy and myself kept ours up since AF3. And we were both casual players.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zpred Dedicated Player

You're absolutely right it doesn't line up, it was me just thinking out loud to myself in saying is there any point from my opinion, yep I judged oops even though I said I don't want to.... smacks wrist tut tut.....

Anyway as I said above it's not just about proficiencies, people are just stats crazy on this game.

Edit: I haven't told anyone how to play or what way to play, just asked question, but I obviously forgot to put the question Mark... tut tut again... sorry about that I forgot how literal the internet can be.
    • Like x 1