Pay2win / spam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by cooking, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Okay I didn't knew I had to speak out everything here...geez internet. I also know ppl who do good with only 200 and less as supporters. Let me also state that you can EASILY get to 200 now with just a little bit of effort and time and without spending money.

People who don't take SP200 players with them into raids are just plain stupid and think that they can compensate good gameplay with 100 SP.

What would that prove? It would only prove that they are so popular because you can sell everything that you have too much of. And since ingame cash doesn't win you content what gives?
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Have you even tried getting to CR100 without paying money? It's slower than getting DBC and just purchasing it but tothing worth spending 10 bucks to me.

On another note I understand why new players might want to use this option. Look where they start and where we are. The gap isn't getting any smaller. And if you new and just started because of some friends that already play for a while, it's an easy way to catch up. And if subbed its one month of waiting (initial 500 DBC + 500 more one month later)
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Even 92 unearned SP which is a good chuck of stat gain can throw off skill balance..especially fresh off the ship.

And yeah...stats do matter more to support roles than dps..sorry..but true.

Nothing gives...I bet people stop buying TCs though..or it slows enough down to remove them entirely.

But, considering I am willing to bet thats why you support TCs..it would kill your game cash profit margins.

And yes..I did advance my toon without buying to CR 100...3 times over when the system never existed.

That is the true nature of a MMO..the grind, effort, teamwork and dedication...not a fat wallet.
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Neat assumption. Tell you what. I would be the first in line if they had made the TC stuff just purchasable from the marketplace and without feats. I do not like them. The only thing they are to me is a way of getting OP collections to drop faster. Maybe ask before you assume.

What I do know is how to play the broker game. And it doesn't just involve TC item selling (which I do not). I'm just getting out of TCs what I need. If I get a rare collection twice, why shouldn't I sell it? But I start with putting Capsules up on the broker the day they are released. One makes you easily 400k+ because of whales wanting all the shiny stuff right away. I'm not abusing the TCs, I'm abusing the impatience of others. Call it economy lol. Call it supply and demand. What it is. Pretty basic economy stuff if you ask me...

Also selling OP collections for a few mil that are now barely worth 100k helps. Or running old content for rare base items. Or selling Focusing Elements when they are needed (stack Goons of Gotham is over a mil atm). Or selling complex mats or other stuff.

But I am rambling. If you assume out of the blue that I would abuse TCs to make cash you have clearly no idea how to make money in DCUO. I was over a few 100 mils before time capusles were a thing and before the PC/PS3 merge. There were no hard exploits with money glitches and whatnot on EUPC that had a lasting impact.

However, I can understand why they are here to stay and am okay with it. It doesn't make sense to complain about something that is not chaning. And they are not.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Cool so was I...since early 2012 as a matter of fact.

Stats should be gained through skill, grind, dedication, and team work...not a fat wallet...game survived without TCs just fine.

At some point it becomes unecessarily greedy. Especially when there are so many other ways that are already in place..that the game thrived on..and quite well.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

And this is the point where we both agree on. It would be totally okay if there were no feats attached to them. People would still go insane about them. SWTORs Hypercrate concept is basically this. Styles and looks without progress attached to them. And they are doing great.

Of course the players complaining about them will always seem to be more than the players defending them. But not everyone is on the forums and not everyone wants to share their opinions. You know the internet. If there's something you think is good and you write about it, there will be more people bashing you for it than supporting you.
  7. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

True..suffered through countless arguments about TCs..and even been banned for stating my opinion...but hey..until it's permanent..I will carry on.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep mentioning how this game doesn't "need" TCs to survive. But has it occurred to you that you're wrong (it's a rhetorical question)? Does a thriving game and company get sold off??? They might have been doing well enough to not shut the doors, but that's not the same as thriving.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Is the game thriving now? Compare the active population before the company got sold off with what's left of it now, it's gotten worse and it's very easy to notice if you've been around for a while. When short term-money is all they seem to aim for, that's all they will get. The focus on long term and investments in quality are some of the things that make a game thrive, some of the very things they've cut down on ever since it got sold off.

What's funny is that most people would probably be okay with/tolerate or even take more part in TC's if the overall quality of the game and content didn't suffer all in the while cash grabs seemed to get most of the priority. Defend that.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

See post above this one..and thats your answer...not to mention the monthly releases and powers...styles etc..that were released in the process AFTER the sell off.

Capitalizing on microtransactions for any sort of character progress no matter how minimal it may appear, (imo isnt with sp and op gear attached) isn't the answer for a game that originally set itself apart from other mmo products that did the same. Besides membership access.
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Ptw SP started with movement mode switching for SP and progressed to alt feat buying. Has been in the game for years.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Add op items to the new p2w. Putting the feats to attain op items in vendor gear that take 3 weeks to get before next dlc drop make op items p2w
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.