Justice League Movie (spoiler talk)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Erin Arror, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I had medium expectation going in; for the most part the movie the movie delivered for me. The movie runs at two hours so not too long, which means theatres could hold more screening: help ticket sales. I personally would like to seen the full cut but sometimes casual fans don't want a popcorn movie too long And the little kids may get restless.

Movie is fresh; so i'm not going at it with a critical eye; just the movie left me happy leaving the theatre. The GL cameo at the beginning was nice. Curious what folks thought. This being a thread that may contain spoiler talk; can avoid if you planning on seeing soon.

I do planning on getting the blue ray when they later release.
    • Like x 1
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

It was 2hr 40m , they cut it , look for it in the director cut DVD in about 6-8 months :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

LOVED the stuff at the end - AFTER the credits.

One of them was a nice homage to THIS classic cartoon.

The other one? A sign of things to come? I hope.

What took me - and I know this is a stretch - is the NAME on that boat..............nah couldn't be.

I know that Augustus Freeman WAS wealthy, but naah.....

Wouldn't be a stretch to see HIM in the next JL movie, though...we all know Deathstroke isn't going toe to toe with Superman.
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The "race" was also ojn this week's justice league action
    • Like x 1
  6. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Yea the Race between the two was fantastic!
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

When Superman came back and godstomped the league, the crowd was loving it. Everyone went especially crazy when the flash was moving in and Clark looked at him and Barry just looked so Terrified. I truly feel like this is a 7/10 movie and a lot of the low scores it is getting is undeserved.
    • Like x 3
  8. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I really like Justice League... also this movie clearly show why Justice League is unnecessary IF superman is around.. Superman just take on everyone effortlessly.. and he isnt even at full power yet..

I also like how they sneak in the iconic superman theme when he finally show up when Steppenwolf is kicking everyone's butt..

If i'm not mistaken, there is also Batman TAS theme playing when batman jump out of the plane with batmobile..
    • Like x 2
  9. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I liked it a lot more than I expected. Only thing I didnt quite like was Superman taking on Steppenwolf like he was a random add while WW could barely hold him (Even more considering they were evenly matched vs Doomsday), as Calvin said, makes it feel like the league is pointless. But ither than that I think it was pretty well done for a thater movie, looking forward to the extended version.
    • Like x 3
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Had a chance to see the movie this weekend in a packed theater and I enjoyed it. The movie in my opinion delivered. Sure it is not perfect, but at least its much better than Bats v Supes or Suicide Squad. Also the movie was cut to 2 hours max due to the mandate from WB. So the editing team had to condense alot and I figure similar to what others have said, the home release will probably be an extended edition.

Yet, of course a lot of people on the internet are quick to judge proclaiming the film a failure even though it literally just been released and there are the marvel fanboys trying to compare it to the Avengers movies and how JL fails at that. I mean seriously, after my viewing, people clapped but there was a dummy that said aloud that Thor Ragnarok was better which caused people to laugh and boo him, lol. In the end, I would recommend seeing it for yourself
    • Like x 2
  11. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I enjoyed it. I wonder if opening weekend sales were damaged by coming out so soon after Thor.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

It was alright. I didn't like it or dislike it, kinda in middle.

I don't really get why Steppenwolf had to be fully CGI. I think giving Ciaran Hinds some Steppenwolf style armor would have worked a lot better, and given the actor more scope to work with. That said his dialogue could have been better too. Pretty sure in the comics Steppenwolf looks fairly human. The only New Gods that would need to be fully CGI if they appeared in the DCEU are Kalibak and Darkseid.

I do feel Wonder Woman, Hippolyta and the Amazons are way better than the DCEU though. In this movie for me it shows, from the musical scores used during their scenes, to the action sequences, just makes me want to see a Wonder Woman 2. I'd love to see Wonder Woman and Hippolyta fight some battles together. (I did like that Hippolyta got some more action sequences in this film, so there's a plus)

I wasn't overly wowed by the Aquaman stuff, though I am looking forward to the Aquaman movie.

The Flash was......alright. Whether he'd be able to do a decent solo movie I'm not sure.

For some reason I found the head butting scene between confused Superman and Wonder Woman funny.

Cyborg seemed important to the League but for me he also seemed by far the least charismatic. Not really fussed about him.

Some of the CGI was bad, especially the weird purple things that were forming near the final battle part of the film.

I think the Justice League would have stuck out in my mind more if there was a distinctive score. The only memorable DCEU OST currently seems to be the Wonder Woman themes imo. I don't mean some pop song, but a distinctive Justice League theme soundtrack. The Avengers had one. Justice League didn't, just a pop song.

It was OK but borderline forgettable for me.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

*And the Man of Steel "Flight" theme.