dark flame aura ,,,, looks weak,brighter, got revamped or something?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Razzbuu, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

i know for a fact that my dark flame aura doesnt look the same 4 days ago?
    anyone notice?
    • Like x 1
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I just put mine on, it's more faded than normal, not dark anymore either, hope they fix it :oops:
  3. Eve YouTuber

Noticed it too. I hope It get fixed or explained at least.
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah seriously whats the deal. The aura looks awful now.
  5. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

So glad u guys notice too
    Why there's no mention about the change? right now i'm a not fan of it and it was 1 of my favorite aura's to wear
    Devs can you explain what happened to the dark flame aura?
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I definitely noticed this too on the 2nd day of ep30 going live. One of the best auras in the game now looks wonky. This needs a fix asap. But im guessing nothing will happen. Because 99% of the time new bugs with old styles dont get fixed. And yea the dark flame aura isnt that old but neither is the flash cowl and that thing has so many clipping problems. The OG glimmer is still bugged for small body size toons.
    • Like x 1
  7. Davenport Committed Player

Looks different, but better than what I saw on my character before. It was too circular before. Or maybe mine was just glitched to look like crap.
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Kinda looks like it has a similar effect like the new umbral storm aura coming in the new tcs.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

No, leave it as it is now.

It looks 10,000x better now. it's more like a subtle purple flame aura now.

Please now fix the corrupted aura too and get rid of the excessive ugly grey mess that's in the centre of it.

Keep the dark flame aura the way it has been changed ;)
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Logged on to my Celestial toon and this thing looks pretty terrible compared to what it did before. Why was it tampered with at all?
  11. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

Yh i used to combo it with void mat (pitch black+dark flame) was cool to me
    now it lost the darkness and stuff .. not gonna use it utill they fix it
    not happy with this change!
    • Like x 1
  12. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

100% This ! It looks totaly Ugly now. feels like the removed the "dark stuff" from DF Aura to the new not-epic Umbral-Storm aura...
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont think it looks better at all. It looks much worse imo. Here is a comparison of how it used to look and how it looks now.

Below is how the aura used to look.
    [IMG]

Here is how it looks now :mad: I took multiple screenshots of this and the 1 below was the best one :confused: In some of the others u could barely even see the aura.
    [IMG]
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I haven't been able to log in this weekend, family matters, but I liked the dark flame aura as it was. If I log in later tonight or tomorrow and see it's ruined, the devs better be prepared to read a long drawn out essay about fixing things that aren't broken
    • Like x 2
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I just checked mine..It's broken >.<

This aura was sooooo sexy with Celestial, it needs a fix like yesterday.....
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just double checked myself, it has been toned down.

I even went to the trouble of recreating a screenshot for the Costume Contest thread to check. LOL

Before...

[IMG]

...and after.

[IMG]

Bit of a bummer. The original look really helped the Phoenix material pieces pop a bit more with this outfit.
    • Like x 2
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Completely off topic here, but the style looks amazing!
    • Like x 1
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Zoomed in a lot to make this comparison so it turned out a little blurry, especially with it being enlarged here. Left is before and right is after. It's an extremely obvious difference and makes me absolutely sick! :(
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks! :)

Funniest thing about that look to me, though, is that the character isn't even a Celestial or Sorcery character. She's Atomic and the look kind of just fell together as I collected the Runes of the Norsemen style and added the Phoenix material and the aura. LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It literally looks like they just took the dark out of the dark flame aura. The black part of the aura looks it has been removed.
    • Like x 3