Dev Discussion Episode 30: The Panopticon (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Welcome to the official feedback thread for Earth 3: The Panopticon Raid.

Please leave any issues and/or feedback concerning the Raid here.
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

One of the raids I was stuck in combat after completing it and had to walk out instead of teleport to my base. It was the first Earth 3 raid. I'm logged off atm so I can't check the name.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

In elite johnny quick was able to kill 2 of us through the door when we were out of the fight.
    • Like x 1
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

Same problem here. The door was closed and whatever he did wiped a player.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Pretty sure its the whirling arm attack. I checked my log when it got me outside the door.I know elite is supposed to be tough but this attack is ridiculous. Hits for my exact health every time and literally was pulling me across the entire room. Multiple times i was as far as i could possibly be from johnny quick and he still pulled me with this attack and 1 shotted me. I guess he can be lunged while doing it, idk tho.

But being that far away i cant even see what hes doing and the reaction time was the blink of an eye. Im not asking for a nerf. But with limited deaths its kinda lame that this attack seems to 1 shot 99% of the time. But maybe im missing something. We did take em down so its not like the attack makes the fight impossible or anything like that.
    • Like x 2
  6. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

in Event and Normal version we have a "permanent in fight bug" after Bashing Owlman. My League mates and me have done 5 Runs and its anytime "buggy". Or its a feature? :p Nothing dramatic but a bit ...
    • Like x 1
  7. Millbarge Developer

This should be resolved soon.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  8. Millbarge Developer

This should also be resolved soon. A fix was submitted internally.

-Millbarge
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

In the fight with Johnny Quick, the Quicker than Quick Feat, is a first try only? Me and my league mates just did it, after we wiped because one J.Q.Image exploded, the Feat didnt pop and we didnt miss any of them.
    • Like x 1
  10. Millbarge Developer

Submitting a fix for that now - once it goes live you'll be able to attempt again after a reset.

-Millbarge
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

Tomorrow or when? just to let my friends know not to do it in vain.
  12. Shelly Active Player

yea when shall we try again?
  13. Millbarge Developer

14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Judging from our runs, the last boss is beatable for sure in Elite, but the mine detonation times are absurd. Unless there is something I'm missing in regards to where they drop, I'm assuming the drops are random. As a result, they sometimes drop on the group and blow up nearly instantaneously. I personally find the timer to be WAY too quick to possibly react to if someone is in the middle of an animation or a channel attack.
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

I'd like to reiterate what Hollow said in regards to the land mines. I like the mechanic itself, but those things detonate right as they spawn and will kill through a block AND shield. There is zero time to react to them. Other than that, the mechanics for the Ultraman fight are pretty awesome and clean-cut.
    Another thing I'd like to highlight is that on the Owlman fight (in the second boss of Panopticon Elite and in Escape From Earth 3 Elite) he seems to have a reflective shielding attack that kills/nearly kills players. I have noticed he gains a defense buff on his name tag before he does it but I feel as if there should be a visual tell other than that. It isn't a huge problem but it seems a bit unfair that there is a reflective move that mostly kills players that has a very small tell for it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

Issues I've came across in Elite:

First Boss: Pretty okay'ish but fairly dumb from a tank point of view as they just lunge the boss most of the time to ensure that the deadly attack is being countered fast enough as it lacks a skull tell while the actual skull tell is not deadly at all.

Second Boss: Free Loot. Increase damage of the machine gun bot. I receive approx 2.500 to 3.000 damage per tick, its literally nothing when the group hangs around 40.000 health. Even the healers dont bother to heal it cause its not deadly at all.

Third Boss: The usually problems with multiple mechanics crossing each other and creating uncontrollable "one-shot"-scenarios mostly in combination of the Ultraman Freeze Breath and Fire Breath mechanic. Be it the lasso happening when trying to get out of range or being in the ice cube as it breaks the cube and you have no chance to avoid the fire breath and die simply because both mechanic decied to overlap at this point. Mines dropping while in ice cube and damaging through the cube and killing you so you are technically forced to bypass the mechanic concept, break out and run out of range of the incoming fire breath. The same goes for the combination of lasso and mines, you get lasso'ed and the mines decide to drop on you. Now the whole raid is generally not hard and on elite more like what a normal raid feels like but uncontrollable mechanics creating "one-shot" scenarios were supposed to be eliminated with stats revamp so I thought I report it as a bug. Simply dont let any other mechanic happen when frost and fire breath mechanic starts and until it ends. Simply have the mine drop part synced at a delayed time interval as the lasso mechanic.

EDIT: Just to add, the last boss is the right direction otherwise. It is actually fun besides the uncontrollable stuff. Don't forget to give the player control over his mistakes. Also a nice change of boss room instead of the same round or square and nice view on top :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Took on the Elite version of the raid tonight for the first time and on Ultraman I noticed that his Backhand attack is waaaaaaay out of whack. He attacked (and killed) a teammate that was at the other side of the room and somehow killed me too. I was behind him, and pretty sure out of max range for any kind of attack yet it still killed me. I had to check my combat log to see what had killed me and it was that. I had seen a couple of people talking about this before but didn't realise it was this severe. Something definitely needs to be fixed with that attack.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This isn't a major deal, but why aren't the New Genesis/Apokolips themes used in the duo and alert carried onto the raids? Would be nice to explore The Panopticon with the New Genesis theme, and New Genesis Combat OST in background, rather than generic Gotham OST which imo doesn't suit a satellite.

Oddly the New Gods OSTs suit this episode well.
  19. Ully Committed Player

Elusian pretty much summed up all the issues with the Elite version of the raid. Honestly, I thought dcuo was moving away from luck based mechanics in elite content. The Lasso, + ice + laser + mines, in combination, are out of wack. Heywiar also mentioned the exploding mine issue. It is unbelievably ridiculous to have those mines appear without warning and then have them instantly KO you without having the opportunity to react. If Elite had unlimited revives, then I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, however, we only have 1 rally, so these spontaneous 1 shots shouldn't be considered, unless an appropriate tell/warning is given.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ully Committed Player

I have to comment on this too. I've seen that happen as well. Really strange. Also, it'd be great if a Dev can respond regarding the appropriate response to Ultraman's backhand attack. I've noticed that blocking does not always prevent that attack from 1 shotting. I've seen players block through that attack with a full heath bar and still experience the KO. I'm really curious if blocking can't consistently prevent the 1 shot, than what can ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.