Portrait of Isis drop rate?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fleetstdemon, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Anyone have a rough idea of what the drop rate should be for the Portrait of Isis?

I've opened hundreds of capsules over the past two weeks without success.

I have gotten everything else, many times over, but for whatever reason the Portrait of Isis just will not drop.
    Surely the drop rate can't be that low?

I bought DCUO at release and love spending money to support this game. But i'm beginning to feel jaded when you invest so much time and money into something to get the reward only to be unable to obtain it for reasons completely beyond your control.

Instead of opening capsules being exciting its starting make me feel depressed at the thought lol
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Don't open more Time Capsules than you want to/feel comfortable opening. Spend money opening Time Capsules if you wish, but only within your means. Don't go overboard and definitely don't spend more than you can afford. "When the fun stops, stop" as they say over here.

Random chance cannot be gamed. It doesn't consider any variables or patterns and therefore it isn't worth convincing yourself that if you keep spending money, you'll somehow overcome the odds.

We don't know what the drop rates are and will probably never find out unless it becomes law. You're competing with more than just the possibility of getting a rare collection in every Time Capsule you open - you're also trying to beat the odds of getting a Collectors capsule in the first place.

Instead, invest your time and efforts into coming up with ways to obtain in-game currency. Once you master the money game, Time Capsules are no longer an issue. Sometimes patience is a virtue in this regard, as well. As is making sacrifices.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shago1594 Active Player

I could sell you mine, i also have the scarab necklace
  4. Shago1594 Active Player

Contact me via mail. Name: Lantern 507 on US server PS4
  5. mr maartie Level 30

Its like the flaming phoenix feather, the void essence, flash bio or the bloody knife. That one crazy expensive item is always very rare. Each of those time capsules have 1 expensive collection with 1 of those super rare pieces. Get used to it is all i can say i guess
    • Like x 1
  6. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Thats good advice.

I haven't went beyond my means or anything, luckily i have a fair amount of disposable cash, i'm just getting that feeling of really? really!? All these capsules and no portrait!? :D

I do have ways of making decent in game cash but when i saw the prices being asked for the portrait, upwards of 70mil at some points, i decided to try my luck with the capsules.

I realized the odds were stacked against me, but when i saw how easily i got all the other items, as well as multiple duplicates of every item and collection piece, i thought it wouldn't be so difficult to get the portrait.

I can safely now say: I was wrong! :)

Its made me realize just how addictive opening capsules can be and how financially draining it could be for someone who isn't as fortunate as i am, in terms of being able to afford to spend the amount i have and being able to absorb that loss.

The strange thing is, i never gamble in real life. Ever. It has never interested me at all. Now i've found myself falling into the same trap as any gambler does! The whole 'this time, i'll win this time' mentality that i've never understood before!
  7. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately i have spent almost all my in game cash for the moment and i'm also on the EUPS server :)