New Abilities added to powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ryuvain, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Ryuvain Active Player

Would it be better to simply add a few more abilities to existing powers since devs don't want to make new ones?

I was thinking about the new raid and thought; "Why doesn't mental get a mind control power anyway?"

What if a new supercharge was added to allow you to mind control a single target just like Talia/Starro? Nature would probably get one like that too since pheromones and that it's based on Poison Ivy. (Maybe sorcery would get a variant?)

Just thinking about how cool of a mechanic mind-control is and that since it's already in game how it could be added easily.

Maybe add Mad-Hatter as a character down the line if they add these moves?
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't think it's they don't want to make new ones, but probably lack the resources currently to do so.

Also that's one reason they did away with power points and made it linear like it is, a lot easier to add new abilities.
  3. Ryuvain Active Player

I think if the reason is resources then it's fine that they stop with powers.

The part I don't understand is how much stuff is unusable but still in the game itself.

Catwoman stance\personality, claws weapon(could use martial arts styles), mind control(as a power effect; esp mental\nature), a LOAD of iconic abilities... etc.
    • Like x 3
  4. Doctor Ambrose New Player

If they're over used then they are not iconic anymore i mean catwomans weapon (claws) is mixed with martial arts also its over powered as hell they could update the iconic powers tree i mean most of them are pretty useless
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am all for new iconics, hell, they are allready in the game (legends)!
    also some power specific powers (not totally new powers) would help.
    especially fix mentals broken powers, then add some new ones, agree.
    how cool would it be to have bizarros heat breath or freezing vision?
    hell, even supermans ballerina pirouette would be a nice flight power ^^
    • Like x 4
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

mental could use a 12sec area that also sets up terror and exploits daze...
    or better yet: scratch daze and make all powers working with the terror PI.
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil Committed Player

especially if they could fill in some holes. mental can get a mind control ability, quantum can get a self heal, nature could get a dps ability that looks something like big claws, atomic could get a super charge generator, earth could get a self healing ability, that or they could make it where each power has a sub power. earth=nature cause of plants, fire=earth because lava, water=ice kinda obvious, electricity=fire cause lightning sometimes causes forest fires, ice=earth cause avalanche, hard light=mental because fear and force of will, gadgets=munition and vice versa, quantum=gadgets cause heroes who can manipulate time usually do so using technology.
    • Like x 1
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I've always been a supporter in this feature more so than new powers, I would rather just add and upgrade our existing powers and iconic tree with every episode relating to it, like past episodes, I. E celestial for sons of trigon.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryuvain Active Player

Hopefully one of the devs sees this since adding new powers already in the game would be easy.
  10. Doctor Ambrose New Player

How did celestial get affected?
  11. recoil Committed Player

but seriously the trollers do need better self heals. quantum tunneling and the like are good but even as an ex healer i can't dodge forever with quantum. same with mental. maybe change the healing super charges to be more like hardlight's triage?
  12. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I thought they said they wanted to make new abilities and were going to in the future now that the revamp is out. I swear they were saying this when revamp was being tested or right before. Because i even made a post about it a while ago myself
  13. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

yeah i did post something about new powers
    revamp after math mental power set

the devs said before they wanted to make new abilities don't know when or if they are going to still though but i would totally would be down for some. I also have been suggesting new iconic powers like catwomans's claw attack or parasite's drain ability, Bane's boulder smash
    • Like x 1
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It was added because of episode sons of trigon, it's the relation my point is.
  15. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

An ability for earth which makes the player and pet into one like a fusion.when using brick to use this ability it will give a bulky look to sell that tank design with added stats, and for dpsin when using the ability with crystal added dps stats with a new look to make you look like a earth dps from using the ability
    • Like x 1