I think enough is enough already....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by COMBATICUS, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

This has been an issue for a very long time. This is, indeed, a quality of life bug that does need attention. Carp, thank you for addressing this. And I must say, your attention to this, and empathetic responses are a breathe of fresh air. This is what customer service should look like. Thanks again.
    • Like x 2
  2. Carp Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I've never seen a pattern to when this occurs, but I've experienced it quite frequently. I have died before because I didn't realize it was stuck.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mike EUPC Well-Known Player

I would add a kind of respawn time where you don`t get any damage in x seconds, so if you are in the middle of adds,areas or a boss you can escape without danger to die again

I also comment on a bug (i dont know if this is a bug or not), where if you drink a soder cola with benefits (strength, health, etc) of the R & D machine if you die those benefits disappear when you revive
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it happens more as you die more. if you run paradox wave for example and die once closing a tunnel you can get revived and get up as usual.

if you die closing the second tunnel you get revived you get stuck rolling around a little. usually hitting select or going to your inventory screen fixes that.

if you die a third time after having it a little more likely youre going to get up and have a bad case of it.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Only when rallied, if we flee and get up we're fine from what i've ever seen. I've never noticed if the speed of the rally is to blame in any way, as it does appear to be random...although it does happen quite often.

We've all "affectionately" named it the roll glitch because that is exactly what happens...which is super frustrating for any player but ten times worse for healers and tanks (controllers to a lesser extent), because we can't heal the group or ourselves or use mitigating powers to stay alive...so we die immediately (again) and people continue to have to rally us which causes a domino effect and an eventual wipe. Now, we understand that executing a timely rally is all part of the challenge in beating content (especially in Elite), but dying because you literally couldn't do anything other than roll around when you were doing anything BUT trying to roll around is frustrating to the point of wanting to throw your controller/keyboard through your TV or just rage quitting.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not a bug...in fact, read the the description on the buff colas, you'll see it states that the benefits last for 30 minutes but they go immediately upon your death.;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

HA !! I heard flattery gets you EVERYTHING..... ;) No seriously, Thanks again.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PS players call it the "roll glitch." Sometimes when you die and get revived, you're stuck and all you can do is roll when you try to move. It goes away when you open a menu or the chatbox. Doesn't happen every time but every so often.

I also haven't finished reading the rest of the thread yet so I apologize if someone already said all this lol.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

More confirmation is better...
    • Like x 1
  11. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I appreciate the reply. The exact thing that happens, is that when we rally, our character is in a stuck state, you cannot drink soders, can't use abilities, sometimes can't even block, you are forced to go in your inventory numerous times before you have access to anything.

You know that noise the game makes when your abilities on cool down? Meaning you have to wait abit, well that's what it does until you either go in your inventory or do the combination of block, inventory back out. Also, i believe you might be right in your previous post as others have stated as well, its like your stuck in a block state but not blocking and all your character does is roll around. I hope I was clear with my explanation . Thank you again
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Appreciate everyone giving their 2cent. Please continue to give Carp as much info, anything I might have left out, so they can get this fixed or find some sort of solution.
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I think I can provide a bit more detail. In instances, when you get up (not flee) inputs won't register and you can only roll sometimes as well.

Naturally, when people get back up, they start hitting powers again like "I have to get these heals out quick!" But L2 + Square etc. won't do anything (Im ps4).

If you try to run, you roll instead. You can tap range attack, but i believe even a regular square attack wont register.

For me, simply tapping the "options" button on the controller and circle immediately after to exit fixes it. But if i don't do that, i can haphazardly spin in circles and/or roll around waiting for my controls to come back.
    • Like x 1
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh sorry didn't see other answers yet
  15. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

I noticed this usually happens if I die while going into a block or while rolling. Oh and I've had it happen both when rallying and fleeing
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This seems to be occurring mostly on the consoles or if using a controller, so maybe it's a hardware glitch?

Someone (or more than one) mentioned that it's like a lag between input of command, does it happen if you get knocked down while holding down a button?

Not exactly the same thing, but have noticed sometimes in EQ2 when get knocked back or stunned while having an action queued the queued action button remains greyed (technically, it goes red) with the 'running lights' on and unable to do anything else until you clear the queue. Maybe a similar thing is happening here? Might also explain why it's difficult to replicate

Just some ideas to maybe help narrow down the problem
    • Like x 1
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Exactly as the guy replied below. When you stand up your character is automatically blocking, and you cannot do anything except roll around for the next few minutes. Imagine how annoying that is in an elite raid and you are the only surviving healer? So many times I have watched the team getting ripped apart as I went down, and then when I stand up and try to bust a heal I am just rolling around like an idiot. Or more so we stand up and instantly die again because we cannot do anything.
    • Like x 2
  18. Carp Developer

OK, just wanted to update you guys on where we left off with this on Friday. I did a little bit of research and went over to talk with one of the Gameplay programmers. I don't know if he has a forum handle, so I'll just refer to him by his official title: The Guy Who Knows the Most About Abilities and Stuff. I do want to make sure he gets the credit here, cause he's been doing most of the heavy lifting on this one, I'll check his name on Monday.

Anyways, we were finally able to get this to happen in-house, and pretty much exactly as you guys have been mentioning, there's no real 100% way to reproduce it, rather "it just kinda happens sometimes". But also as others have mentioned, it seems more likely to happen on consoles (while using a controller, obv).

Right now we're in a state where we know WHAT is happening, but we don't quite know WHY it's happening yet. Before we go around trying to just put in blind "generic adhesive bandage" type fixes, we want to try and figure out the "why" first and fix that problem. We're probably going to spend a little more time on it on Monday and see what else we can learn. I'll keep you guys updated.
    • Like x 11
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

After 5 long years, the roll glitch is getting much needed attention...

I think I'm gonna cry
    • Like x 5
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

That's a bug?! Ha! I've always thought I got Super Stunned just before getting KO'd.
    Funny.