Test Discussion Episode 30: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The way we get these OP items needs to change the drop rates of these collections are way too low and I don't expect them to change in the new episode.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The drop rates literally changed to about double.
    • Like x 2
  3. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

But 2x from Zero is??
    • Like x 8
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

There should be another system in place like a box that has a collection piece in it for a 100 MOV and 100 of whatever the special msrk is to help people get these OP items.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

So you expect "elite" players to spend replay badges. Good to know.
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I was under the impression that "elite" was describing the skill of players.
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Who asked for more ridiculous grind? One of the biggest complaints about content lately has been the grind, so the response is adding a third set of vendor gear and making elite gear mandatory to reach top Cr. You are doing the exact opposite of what players have asked for here.
    • Like x 2
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I Realy hope thats true since the last op item I got was the starro items Wich i crafted and This time theres no questions asked the helmet is a Must for me.I wish we had the bad luck limiter for op collections since my luck is more or less non existent.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have definitely made elite gear more desirable, in response to feedback, so that conquering the biggest challenge has appropriate rewards. That doesn't make it mandatory, though, and it is still the case that you don't have any reason to get elite gear this DLC if you're not planning on jumping into elite right away in the next DLC.

There is an extra suit of inexpensive event gear - which comes with it's own all-new style, another thing that is often requested - but we have bonus currency in elite *and* the extended vendor discount system to make that even easier to obtain for the player going after literally everything. On top of that, the event gear is something an elite/end-game player would go after for the style and feat, not for stats, so that chase is much less time-sensitive compared to gear you're actually looking to wear. You can earn it at your leisure.
    • Like x 1
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I don't think expect is the right word. Proven behavior is that we who chase challenge will replay things just to finish gear first. Knowing this it would be foolish to not profit from it. When replay badges came out people were running Gates 10-20 times a day. I certainly wouldn't blame them for planning ahead for that.
  11. Samuiel Well-Known Player

2x0 haha , good one :D
    • Like x 1
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Its more and more grind when players have begged for the opposite. To reach max Cr you must grind elite gear now. Then you gotta get the regular vendor gear and event vendor gear on top of grinding for mods and marks for the OP collection. All of this with only some open world a duo and an alert to run daily. That amount of grind on such a miniscule amount of daily content will lead to burn out very quickly.
    • Like x 4
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

So better players use more replay badges? He did say that they expect elite players to play the content more than other people. Unless content has different lockout periods based on skill level...
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

More, as in, for a longer period of time before finished with rewards. Let's not purposefully misread things.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I was being sarcastic if ya didnt catch it :p I saw the post. Elite players will run more content which imo translates to replaying. Like i said i was under the impression being an "elite player" was about your skill level and had nothing to do with replaying content.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's not more and more grind, though. Increased currency rewards in elite + vendor discounts keep vendor rewards about the same in terms of time or plays needed, all while mods and OP items have had their time to complete roughly reduced by half.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

You add 6 extra weekly marks but 2 extra sets of gear. This is pushing more grind. Period.
    • Like x 6
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Oops.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's one extra set of gear, that is not very expensive comparatively. That set and the regular vendor set's cost gets cut in half if you complete the elite set first.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Three sets of gear with only a little open world, 1 duo and 1 alert to run daily. That is months and months of grinding a very small amount of menial content bc the gearing system has to be changed again. It's too much grind and too little content. Make the event gear purple drops for members without screwing with the amount of marks we get.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.