Discontinuation of the PS3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Oct 30, 2017.

1. VariableFire Loyal Player

I just wonder how long before they start saying the PS4 is holding the game back.
  2. Swamarian Committed Player

Maybe when they have to redesign a DLC after releasing it because it keeps crashing on the PS4. (I'm thinking of Hand of Fate which came out 5 years ago. The final boss battles in operations were open world, and the PS3 would crash if 2-3 teams ganged up on a boss.)
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The game is too old to ever hold back the ps4. If anything gets outdated with the ps4 it'll be graphics, since the base model still only plays in 1080p. You have to upgrade if you want 4K. That won't ever be an issue for DC though since graphics don't seem to be in their best interest, plus the game was made for 720p, which is what it ran in for the ps3.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

10 minutes after the PS5 comes out.
    • Like x 4
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Since day one. I still run DCUO on a last-generation AGP 16 card, but anything prior to that has always struggled.

The difference is that PC hardware has a broader spectrum of relevance for running DCUO than PS hardware. There are a number of ways you can upgrade a PC to make DCUO playable, but only one way to upgrade a PS3. And that is largely "to a PS4" :(.
  6. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I see ppl have positive (high) expectations once ps3 is discontinued. I don't think much will change. Even though ppl are talking about possible upgrades that can happen. I doubt it will happen
  7. Saami Loyal Player

Same moment when PS4 starts to holding game back. It could be never with this game engine.
    PS3 was holding this game since launch, if thats what you mean.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Honestly if anything is holding the game back it would be funding and the lack of development. Since the PS3 is gone, you can literally compare the game to other games that run on the same or similar engine. At this point you could sit Neverwinter side by side with DCUO and say there are no excuses if DCUO can't get their stuff together.
    • Like x 4
  9. Swamarian Committed Player

Back when the PS4 came out, someone experimented with putting a SSD in a PS3, and the performance improvement was remarkable. The graphics weren't as good as PC/PS4, but otherwise it was a marked improvement. They then put a SSD in a PS4, and it improved a little.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I just want to say that I've noticed Fatal Star is back to the game, and I called it.

Rage > Celestial.
    • Like x 3
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I came back just to lay a boot to your *** :mad:
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hmm, rough love <3
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

Square-Enix dropped PS3 support this year for Final Fantasy XIV. The game has definitely been updated using the extra resources that the PS3 limitations caused. Here's hoping the same with DCUO, especially since I now play it more or Xbox One.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

That's not fair. Never winter was build with very different specs in mind. DCUO was built to run on the PS3 whose tech was archaic in 2011. They would have to redo every aspect of the games visuals and then change the minimum requirements.
    • Like x 1
  16. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

This right here^^^Game will improve in a lot of ways but don't expect a massive leap because the tech is ancient and not properly optimized for PC and ps4 the fact that the engine is mostly for ps3 will hold it back from full potential.
  17. SigmaAtom Committed Player

HAHAH :D

man! I did NOT know that!
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

development for DCUO began years before it's release Jan 2011. ;) :p

...back when systems were selected to be included in the game or not.

see the Tank icon over Jens's character at 4:24.... then at 5:12 see the Controller icon above the character. hehhehhehheh. pre-launch demo is fun to watch.
    • Like x 2
  19. powerninjer500 New Player

20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Wow, Jens looks so young and full of hope.