Tactical weapon mods, when and why???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great Architect Loyal Player

I have had them trigger from Powers under certain circumstances when using PftT, SP focus and rare weapons use. Specifically Blast Adaptor and Restorative Adaptor. I don't use the others, so I can't comment.

They do trigger from Powers, rarely, but they are not supposed to.

I can't see this being ever fixed, since nobody wants to report a bug that helps them, and is 99% un-noticeable.

If somebody works out the exploit, then it will become an issue.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That doesn't justify repeating mistakes of the past. Superpowers shouldn't have activated them then, they shouldn't activate them now.

Sorry
    • Like x 1
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I'LL keep an eye out too, to bump it as well
  4. Hempkrete Active Player

Well tanks should use weapons anyways because of counter mechanics. But I do agree that it should be triggered with superpowers aswell. Same for blast adapter because there's no equivalent for superpowered playstyle.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yep, plus the mod is precision based. You will see a white number when it happens. If anything, I would be willing if there was a PFTT weapon mod, however the shield one is good for now.
    • Like x 1
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Hey don't shoot the messenger its an observation plus with all the forum post. And we see how the devs half hear us about things. Well this takes away a little from pft and adds a little to the others
  7. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

Hmm i Tested that Shield one but never seen a Proc as PftT Power-.-
    Just unlucky ?
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No it bugged, it rarely triggers anymore. Last time it triggered was in the Zamaron T7 duo.
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This isn't true, PFtT do need to worry about interrupts and counters.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have had blast adapter trigger on my HL toon while testing. I was very shocked as I thought this was the case as well but it clearly stated it in combat log. How often this happens I have no idea

As for Atomic tanks- I'm not 100% sure with the shield. Most I know (Including myself) do use our weapons when we need to counter a boss so my shield does come up
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

No idea why you would bring this up, but the amount of HL players back in the day furiously clipping on PS with controllers clearly shows this is false.

Quantums Time bomb cap is laughing at you right now. Were HL, Rage, and Celestial the reason the "awesome mechanic" was brought about? Kinda.. Was time bomb the most unbalanced power for a long time? Absofreakinlutely!

Ummm no, simply not true

Edit: Sorry I didn't read this correctly! Need caffeine
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah they do depending on the super powers you are using they can be vulnerable to interrupt. Not an issue if there are tanks. Also powers like Ice and Fire for example have to worry. I get interrupted from a mere lunge with fire and I only use my Fire toon to farm cash.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sorry you are correct, I thought I had read that Pfft do NOT need to worry about this.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This wouldn't effect my tanking, cause I never used it. It's not needed as an atomic tank.

While you and other may not agree. I fell it's something that should have been addressed years ago. I'm glad they've changed it. PffT is the easiest way to play dcuo. You shouldn't get perks just because. They are weapon specific, and so be it.

Honestly, carrying a rifle and doing the tap triangle will probably help your dps anyway. Just conform. :)
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sure it is. Maybe we just don't know that it's been a long time bug and was just corrected.

Why do people keep saying atomic is gonna suffer from this? Combos are not the only thing keeping them alive. We have these things now that are stronger than our combos. Shields. Besides it's self shield. It's has one of the better support tank SC. The group breakout shield. Grab the hard light shield and the consumable shield, and boom. You've just become an ice tank that doesn't only rely on shields. Combos and shields should be the meta for atomic tanking, pure tanking. Damage tanking the only loss is the dps weapon mod. Which, again, isn't really lost. When you start your rotation. To shield, lunge or weapon attack, then combo. Your benefits will still be there.

Just because they gave in to PffT doesn't mean the entire game needs redesigned to be EVEN easier. Throw the weapons and hybrid players a bone.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's like people forget combo powers exist....
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Combo and channel powers need to worry about interruptions. Burst powers don't.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

and combo powers have other advantages that burst powers do not, with respect it sounds like you're just wanting to have your cake and eat it too.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like? Yes they PFtT more effectively, but can't hybrid effectively. I'm curious what other advantages you believe they have, if you don't mind me asking?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Well that's exactly it, isn't it. That's one of the biggest advantages, more effective and efficient PFtT, whereas you're wanting to retain that as well as gain the negligable advantage that comes with being able to utilize the weapon mods.

If you don't want to be a combo power and live within its strengths and weaknesses then buy a power respec token ;)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.