Help from other controllers or anyone.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SolidGuy, Nov 2, 2017.

1. SolidGuy New Player

Hello everyone I'm here looking for advice. I have only played this game for about a year now. Needless to say I am struggling now. My cr is 200 and I have 204 sp. I'm ok with dps, but when I am a controlling it seems as though I am not putting out alot of power. I am using hybrid and I have the first two for controllers completed and I think twenty left before have vit completed, but I'm still not giving alot of power. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Spec Might/Power for at least first 100 SP.
    I run hybrid as well and use HB.
  3. Surtur Well-Known Player

First, you need to understand that power consumption is not your sole responsibility. Just as the healer should not be responsible for the PDS probably a Dip ship (DPS) that refuses to stay out of the tanks back pocket. All players need to take some responsibility for their own power, health & stats.

Secondly, if you have other players trying to give you grief for power then you need to tell them they need to learn how to manage their power and drink a soda. You are not their to wipe their backsides when they poop in their pants.

Thirdly, what the above comment said.:D

Might is the new Vit(e). It helps you if you need to spam.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shelly Active Player

Spec into Superpowered take the first two controller ones and put majority of your sp in might/power sad but true this works for me. Also use the power to regen super charge and chest put the tac mod extended super charge. If you have any questions on it you can contact me in game Shelly USPS hero and i will be more then happy to show you :) Last but not least i use Brawl WM MA
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

What you just said makes NO sense.
    Why tell someone to use a terribly inefficient weapon, especially since weapon attacks generate zero power when choosing SP spec?
    • Like x 1
  6. Shelly Active Player

it works for me and i have no problem with it. I'm just giving advice that work in my opinion
  7. Shelly Active Player

if you want i can show you my trolling noone complains. And why would i suggest something if it doesn't make sense.
  8. recoil Committed Player

use the super powered tree because it regens a players own power faster which is vital for trollers/healers, placing as much as you can into vitalization and dominance after you fill the first two 10 and 20 point slots in the tree but then leave enough to put aleast 10 or 20 in the might/power slot in the weapons expert tree. the power regen and vitalization from this set up SHOULD keep all but the most inexperienced members of your team filled atleast half full on the power bar the whole mission. just remember you can't expend all your power trying to keep a dps who doesn't know their power full. focus on healer and tank's power bars.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Welcome to the world of Controlling - where we're the first ones to get kicked, first ones to get blamed....if the sky is falling - Controllers are responsible somehow.

But seriously:D try using VIT/POWER mods in your YELLOW slots, if you haven't already. That alone boosted my Power Pool by almost 1000.

I use Reserve Tank in my Chest mod.

I've transitioned from using BRAWLERS to now using a Staff. It took a while to get used to but it works for me just fine now. Brawlers WERE the preferred weapon Pre-Revamp but I believe we can use ANY weapon now.

Make sure you have Power-Replenishing Tactical mods in your Weapon AND your Neck slot.

I've maxxed out my VITALITY slot in my SP Tree, removed ALL of my SPs from DOMINANCE and have placed almost 70 in MIGHT/POWER SP tree.

My DOM is still high, nearly 6k. The sad thing is that Post-Revamp DOM just doesn't seem that important to Controllers with our stun reductions so this is why I've dumped those SPs elsewhere.

You have 204 SPs which is a good amount so I'd even consider removing SOME of your SPs from VITALITY. Try experimenting with less VIT in lieu of more POWER.

Also - as others have commented in this thread folks need to be more responsible to managing their OWN power. I focus mostly on the Tanks and Healers but as a pride thing I try to keep ENTIRE group powered. Sometimes you will NOT be able to because some players just won't be that experienced.

I've seen some DPS's that drink power like Kool-Aid.

Try to keep a fresh Supply drop handy and rotate your soders. Try to go into the tougher content with a FULL supercharge bar if you can - this helps.

Look out for the teammates that drop SUPPLY DROPS....when you see one drop, roll, run, sprint - to it.

Hope this helps.
    • Like x 3
  10. SolidGuy New Player

Thanks guys! I will be getting on in a little while and I will be trying it all out.
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Edit: my bad
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

handblasters. spend enough skill points down the weapon tree to unlock pulse beam.

max out the top two controller stats.

put everything else in might/power.

spec into vit after you max out your might/power.

red slots get might/vit mods.
    blue get might/heath.
    yellow get vit/power.

extended supercharge for your tactical chest mod.
    replenishing adapter and the power tactical mods for your weapon and neck.

unless youre in a boss fight or theres a special circumstance only hit ads with your super charge builder to be prepared.
    utilize the power giving supercharges.

if you want to unlock weapon mastery sacrifice the extra points in might/power. i've always been of the mind you shouldn't
    worry about your damage out unless youre going dps.

no way around it youre going to have to power dump like crazy. the moment it goes off cooldown. not quite the same
    rhythm as it was pre all the revamps but for the most part if youre using handblasters its going to be tap triangle-tap triangle=power dump. if youre going low on power pulse beam til you build enough of youre own power back to continue on with the tap-tap-dumping.

leave the pick ups and cog turning for dps. even with 300 plus skill points to allocate youre still going to have to power dump and buid your power back like mad crazy.

sounds weird not to spec into your main stat but the way things are set up you wont really get much out of increasing your vite first.
  13. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Yes spec into might power as well as vit. Your power to spam is more important. Superpowered and hybred both work well imo use one on one toon and another on another toon. If you are superpowered, weapon choice really does not matter, it does not help you regen power. Using a weapon with superpower is just filler time to you between powers. If you use hybred I find that hand blasters solar flare does a very good job of evening your own power. Plus you can always scissor kick or pulse beam to change it up a little. I use power back adapter on weapon, and SC chest mod.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Controller is harder then it's ever been right now.

Not as much an issue for Old Wardogs who have been controlling for years.... ;)
    But I can see how new Controllers might struggle too much with the role now.

There is 2 school of thought right now....

Those who want to spec in Might/Power so they can have a bigger power pool to spam power more....
    sadly their idea is too often to spam group power heal over and over.

Those who still spec full Vit.... so that their PoT give out more power....
    and so that each group power heal give out more power.
    So you cast group power heal.... then use other abilities/power.......as opposed to just spamming Group Power heal.

I would suggest experimenting a bit with both approach.... then use the one that seems to work best for you.

The Power approach seems to work best if you have 2 Trolls..... which never happens nowadays.

The Vit approach seems to work best if you solo Troll...... which is pretty much what happens 99.9999% of the time.
    I think I can count on one hand how many times we were 2 Trolls in a group for the past few years. ;) ;)

Also the new Troll Artifact requires Trolls to spec into Vit to get the MOST out of it.
    Which made the Power Trolls very angry when the Artifacts were first revealed. ;) ;)

I would not use Hybrid.
    I use Superpower and it does a great job helping to refill my power bar.

Will make a video or too about Controlling soon. ;)
    It might help. ;)
  15. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

What Controller said^^^^ disregard pretty much everything else.

To sum up. Superpowered mastery, prioritise power as much as vit, use any weapon you’re comfortable with, fast and hard hitting combos are best, DW>explosive shot, 2h>arrow storm, HB or Shield regular range holds hit hard and will save on skill points, staff is good too, reserve tank in chest (supercharge chest mod is only 5% now, not worth it imo unless teamed with the SC head mods), replenishing procs neck mod, replenishing adaptor weapon mod, dump as often as needed. Beyond that there’s not much else you can do.