Discontinuation of the PS3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BLK Well-Known Player

i hate that i have to sign in to not see posts from that magneto guy.

OT: Happy things are changing
    • Like x 3
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Most importantly do you think this will bring on the drastic UI changes and the ability to create new areas instead of reusing old areas that were currently not possible due to PS3?
  4. Saturn Girl Committed Player

After all, when the loyal players of DC Universe Online who only play this game can't play on PS3, in fact will buy a new console and that is just making profit for Sony and Microsoft o_O
    I don't think anything more than 1 more powerset or 2 episodes can come for windows 7 too, and then, they drop PC (Windows 7) too. :cool:
    I personally can't handle not playing the game for even 1 day, but I'm not that sure i'll buy another PC (Windows 8) for a video game.
    And that's not anything else more than a "Good bye" from PC and PS3 users to DC Universe Online and less profit for Daybreak.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

• Like x 7
  6. Saturn Girl Committed Player

After all, when the loyal players of DC Universe Online who only play this game can't play on PS3, in fact will buy a new console and that is just making profit for Sony and Microsoft o_O
    I don't think anything more than 1 more powerset or 2 episodes can come for windows 7 too, and then, they drop PC (Windows 7) too. :cool:
    I personally can't handle not playing the game for even 1 day, but I'm not that sure i'll buy another PC (Windows 8) for a video game.
    And that's not anything else more than a "Good bye" from PC and PS3 users to DC Universe Online and less profit for Daybreak.
    I'm happy to see newer contents in the game, but not happy to see the next thing that will be dropped.
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

They will find out via email as I did. I got an email from Playstation yesterday about this.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You do realize they're up to Windows 10 now, right?
    • Like x 2
  9. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Yeah the most expensive and the newest PCs can even be windows 10.
    Otherwise you are meaning something else...
  10. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

You mean 16 or 20 man raids not 10 or 12. Try not to think so small most mmos have at LEAST that many we better hold our devs to that standard as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Lol, the bombs just keep on coming. What's next no more controllers, we have to play with our miiiiiinds?
  12. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

If the ps3 is no longer supported by psn....
  13. Physique Dedicated Player

I feel like once January 31, 2018 passes, the game will feel like it did when the servers came back online from Back From the Hack. The game servers were pretty barren until the first DLC dropped and even then there were days when there weren't enough people to do a whole bunch. The point is that it took a while for the game to rebound but it did and I feel like, in this case, the game will be fine over the longer haul.

I do have a sense of sadness seeing the PS3-era come to an end but DCUO will have had a full 7 year run on the platform up to that point. I'm more interested to see how Daybreak chooses to redistribute / reallocate the developer resources from the PS3 code team...
    • Like x 2
  14. Golden Tanager Level 30

It's probably to start making room/optimizations for PS5 that is supposedly coming out next year.
  15. Roocck Committed Player

[IMG]

Can see it happen when the PS3 is gone!!!
    • Like x 1
  16. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Why isn't this thread consolidated like the others?:rolleyes:
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Microsoft cut support for Windows 8 unless you upgraded to 8.1
    8.1 mainstream support will end in 2018. Extended support ends in 2023. That being said, Windows 10 is the current OS. In other words, they don't make/sell anything with Windows 8.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is another wait and see. Will our experience actually change that much on the PS4? I don't see it. With the lag from the broker, the tons of different glitches from beginning content to end game. Like i said, wait and see.

My expectations will be much higher, thats for sure. The excuses of limiting this and that because of PS3 will be gone.
    • Like x 1
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

If at least they'd take that opportunity to make the accounts universal and not platform specific maybe they'd keep some PS3 users not interested in PS4 by having them moving to PC while retaining their account. Since it is possible to play DCUO on ps3 while not being connected to the PSN it should be feasible but I wouldn't hold my breath since I've long gave up on devs making smart decisions for the game.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The number of players overall still playing on PS3, who have not upgraded to PS4, is very, very small. At this point, most of the world has upgraded.
    • Like x 11