Haven’t played this game in a long time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marine Death, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Marine Death Committed Player

With the announcement from Mepps tonight on the “discontinuing PS3 support” will we see bigger maps, better graphics and gameplay?

I hope so. It would definitely bring me back. Including the Beta I played this game for 4+ amazing years. I like to put some more mileage on the game.

What do you think?
    • Like x 2
  2. Marine Death Committed Player

Oh my god my signature is so old! What’s the max CR and SP?
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Max sp is 362, and max cr is 214 :)
    And I think it would be cool to have another large map to explore
    • Like x 2
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm sure we will see improvements but keep in mind we have a very small Dev team these days so while they will be able to do some things that PS3 held them back from installing .. Don't expect to log off one day and the next log into a whole new bright and beautiful world. It will take some time

Thankfully it will solve some issues... At one point they stopped giving us out door content completely because "PS3 could not handle it" And that same phrase has been use a few other times when some one asked for an update to this or that.

As for bigger maps? At some point PS3 may have been the problem but now just having the staff to do anything HUGE could be a bigger issue. Look at our last DLC.. everything else we got is just using portions of old maps.. the only new one we got was the Gotham Zoo for the new alert.

Should be interesting to see what comes with DLC 30 since its supposed to be on an alternate Earth.. But even then they could use the same old maps and just stick different NPC onto it.

We are still getting some new maps but I know there are players that have been begging for another major city like Gotham or Metropolis . No clue when if ever we will see that.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing is happening overnight...and nothing has been officially announced or promised beyond the vague "optimizing the game for the PS4". With one less headache inducing system to code and optimize for, it could mean faster turn around for many things.

Truthfully, now is the best time for you to come back...you have quite a bit of catching up to do (between the revamp meta, skill points, styles). Plus if you came back you'd be in good company for catching up (others in the league will come back too). Think about that good sir.;)
    • Like x 2
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Hopefully there will be some new map related content. When I was new I saw all of these new DLCs as amazing, but then of course I found out later that it was just rehashed stuff with a pinch of new content. Starro was literally 1 new raid map (And maybe that was not even new, idk), Age Of Justice was 2 new maps that were reused repeatedly throughout that update, and we got a raid map in this new update. While I appreciate all new content I would definitely like to see them keep adding things. I really feel like this is a super small game aside from the fact that they stretch the content to the max with these feats. A lot of it is actually stretched too much.

Definitely a good time to come back. All you have to do is go up to around 175 CR or so. As soon as you can play AF3 content you should basically be at 210 within a week or two (Depending on how much time you have to play). I had a friend who came back but had to start over. He paid his character to 100. He had a couple small sessions that maybe pulled him 10 CR. One half day running with us and he was at 160. Another few weeks down the raid (With only 1-2 days per week being played), and now he is at 209 CR. Same goes for a few other league mates of mine. They practically hand that 210 CR out right now.
    • Like x 1