Discontinuation of the PS3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Oct 30, 2017.

1. majosea Dedicated Player

if they can't get a new ps4 there is always refurbished ps4 . I myself is on a refurbished pc
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

OMFG SO MUCH WIN RIGHT NOW.

Long overdue. Good riddance; it really had to happen for the good of the game
    • Like x 9
  3. Jak-Man Committed Player

Freaking finally. R.I.P. PS3 users.
    • Like x 2
  4. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Pretty sure it's just a matter of dragging and dropping the game from the Unreal 3 folder to the Unreal 4 folder.
    Voila, better graphics. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So don't buy Time Capsules for 2 Months and get a PS4.
    You'll wonder why you waited so long.
    • Like x 9
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not an expert on game development but I have a strong feeling you have to make a whole new game if you want it on a different engine.
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It truly is the end of an era.
    • Like x 2
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

PS4/PC can finally flex their muscles.
    • Like x 4
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It is the end of an era but I think it also demonstrates growth and shows that DCUO will be making some graphic updates.

Anyways, good riddance.
  10. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

So many expect a graphical upgrade due to this. It seems as though that would be in order, but I don't expect anything they haven't said they will do. If we do get it... Oh boy! That download tho....
    • Like x 1
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Can you imagine the poor guy that has to put that on his resume and then explain it in interviews?

"Uh, yeah, well I made digital butts that move and jiggle, to make things more realistic of course."
    • Like x 3
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think it's cute that people think there's going to be a big change because the PS3 is gone.
    • Like x 3
  13. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

A serious suggestion, what I would do is gather up my ps3, games, Accessories, old cell phones(yes) and anything electrical of value and go to gamestop or play again to trade in towards a used ps4.
    • Like x 4
  14. Jak-Man Committed Player

So does this mean we finally get korean mmorpg jiggle physics?
    • Like x 4
  15. Phokus Active Player

Na na na na
    Na na na na
    Hey hey hey
    Goodbye ✌️
    • Like x 1
  16. Ringz Dedicated Player

Just got the email. Its about time, seriously.

But once the ps3 is dropped, action is gonna speak SOOO much louder than words.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  18. majosea Dedicated Player

The Devs need to post the message in game to let players know , because some players don't go to the forums
    • Like x 9
  19. Swiftduck Loyal Player

big changes? we don't know that, but in the announcement they stated they are going to be optimizing the game for the ps4 console. Which generally translates to more features, better visuals, more in depth content, return of old GFX that have been removed in the past due to sever memory limitations of the ps3, etc.

changes will definitely happen, but to what extent is the question.
    • Like x 4
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This means 2 things.

1. Immense amount of room for improvement is possible now.

2. Apparently they are well off enough financially and in a good place to make this decision and to have what seems to be big future plans.

Both good signs and im a little surprised but pleased.
    • Like x 8