Devs, Why Am I Putting 4-5 Gold Spammers On Ignore Per Day?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

But it won't hurt new players. Players who actually play the game can level up to level 10 in less than an hour. This action will force these spammers to put in a little effort instead of simply creating a character and now not even having to go through the tutorial of the ship anymore because we can now skip it. It's like the devs want these people in game.
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

When in LFG and you're trying to build a group for a raid or something and you post then your post gets sent up the chat chain in a matter of seconds because 4 spammers spam their garbage and given the fact that you're only allowed to post once per minute, this remove gaming time from actual customers. That and the fact that they wouldn't tolerate this on these forums for a country second without banning someone.
  3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I just take it as a skills test to try to /ignore them before they post the second time.

or type [space]/ignore [spammer name]

before actually ignoring them so that the other players in the area know what I'm doing to silence the gold farmers.

Pay a person $12 per hour to sit in each of the 10 bases - the 2 HQ's and 2 open worlds and that's 14 people at $12 per hour - 24 hours per day ... it starts to add up.

Of course, if they ban or silence a non-spammer they would have to be fired and replaced quickly.

I don't even think that there are moderators in this game that go into game and see what is going on.

It's pretty easy to see that they way that /shout gets in the open world with all the rude/obnoxious/sexual content/racist, etc. that the DEVs don't bother monitoring it.

I mean why would they?
    Customer service doesn't even care if people are playing trademark infringing characters (EULA/TOS says you can't and goes into great detail about it - even for DC characters and Marvel Characters are all over the place ... not to mention Dragon Ball Z, etc.)
    Everyone knows what I'm talking about.

So if all that is going on and they don't care, then why should they bother with the gold spammers?

Probably someone is getting a kick-back from them at any rate.
    • Like x 2
  4. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

better question. why do people care so much about something so small...???

there is oh, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to be pissed off about in this game. and this is what ppl keep griping about??? SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

LFG moves so slow. this is not really a thing...
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Here we go. Another console player who is just now noticing something pc players have dealt with for almost 20 years.
    • Like x 1
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Automation can work wonders if done smartly. Look at how email spam was in late 90's to what it is now.

Ex: if it can cut down 70% of total spam with 99.9% accuracy; probly still worthwhile.

It doesn't have to be a one prong approach also: keywords, IP addr, captcha on suspected bots. There's hundreds of papers on combatting SPAM. -And if the game logs 'almost everything' as Daybreak claims. It shouldn't be that difficult to tell a bot from a human player. Plot out the necessary use cases: example... a legit player role plays on a character: (text mostly) but don't do game missions, they most likely aren't (or shouldn't RP) be doing it in LFG or SHOUT.

I'm not going to solution the whole thing but you get the idea. There's technically competent folks there; should be able to figure it out. The question is do they want to.
  8. Haptyc Active Player

B.S. I don't care if folks want to buy gold. I DON'T want to see it in chat. Nobody said anything about forcing anyone to do anything.
  9. Haptyc Active Player

Also, B.S. If new players know that this company cares enough to try and stop gold spammers, they will be more inclined to play.

Hurt business my left cheek.
  10. Haptyc Active Player

It's had to believe they have done ANYTHING because of the incredibly poor communication. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, we have no idea.
    • Like x 1
  11. Haptyc Active Player

Yep, getting rid of GM's was an open invitation to gold spammers. Like maggots to a rotting corpse.
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

My tin foil hat says it cause they probably help support the game.

Gold Spamer: Don't block me and we will cut you in.

Daybreak: OK.

:D
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Silver Lining: Gold Spammers won't waste time and effort on a low-population game that's in its death throes.

So DCUO must not be dying.

:D
    • Like x 1
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Fair enough, or maybe they feel it's not worthy of attention, like I do, I mean are they hacking no, are they distorting or manipulating my gameplay no, I just think this is something I and others can overlook if they try just a little.
  16. Swiftduck Loyal Player

no, the profanity filter was fixed like 9 months ago. You no longer have to toggle it everytime you log in.
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

I whole heartedly disagree

Jack Emmet or jacketed FORCED our hands with unethical implementations of our most coveted items. That's as plain as it gets

Riddle me this. Say I want the sandstone aura. How do I legitly buy it from Dcuo? I CAN NOT. Gold seller its X amount. I don't know their prices its been a long time since I bought cash. Yea u better believe I bought cash.

Why are the gold spammers thriving?
    DCUO's unethical approach. Why can't time capsules have a " safety net" vendor with realist costs? That's fair and reasonable. If a guy spends money to obtain it well it ain't crazy expecting a fair shot at obtaining it.
    Because of the way its implemented cash in Dcuo is king. Option A buy time capsules which is spend endless amounts and u might have exactly what u started with. Not what u opened your wallet for.

U used personal responsiblity.

I died laughing. When I spend my money you better believe I expect something for it. The people making these decisions have a responsiblity. To us the customers, every employee who feeds their families off daybreak and Dcuo checks and let's not forget Columbus nova.

I know if I ever enter Dcuo again and desire an item I will quick as can be break out my card and restock my bank. I few hundred million or so

Keep in mind I've literally done everything but outright beg for items to spend money on to support Dcuo. I got my multiple years of carrying not one but two legendary accounts. I got an insane majority of that time spending $15 a month. Sure I could get legendary at ten but I happily spent the extra.
    Important side note. I love gambling.

Time capsules are not gambling. The loot drops flawed. Has been ever since the game launched. Its an equation a computure program man made so save the luck non sense. Worse based on sales per jacksters own words the drop rates vary.

Gold sellers might not be good but I see them as the lesser evil. Opinions vary but again if I pay a chunck of change best believe I get what I desire. End of story. Dcuo has the power to create a ethical healthy profit plan as opposed to what's currently killing the game
    • Like x 1
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

And in today's complaints
    • Like x 1
  19. recoil Committed Player

eh. between gold sellers, pvp duelists with big egos and short fuses, and the players using chat exploit to slander others i just shut off general chat . now my only grief is inexperienced players at tier 4-8 complaining, complaining, complaining over things that are usually their fault for not accumulating experience somehow. did you know some of them can't even run port of paradise and supply line cause they can't even activate mechanics like carry a barrel or open a door?
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ladies and gentlemen...one of the many (unabashed) participants that keep the roaches alive in our game!!!:rolleyes:

You're quick to lay blame at the feet of the company for what they do (which NO ONE is forced to participate in), but when you admit to being part of the problem, you're quick to defend your actions instead of just accepting responsibility for what you've done and how it continues to affect things (people keep buying from the Gold Sellers, giving them little reason to leave on their own).
    • Like x 1