healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Oct 27, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Since dom is 25% of healing, wouldnt it be best to mod 2 or more sockets with dom?

right now Im going to mod dom/power as heal for blue sockets, thoughts from number cruncher's?
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

No, we all know that dominance affects aggro!!1111oneeleven
    /sarcasm
    • Like x 1
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

please stay on topic wallachia.
    • Like x 3
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Okay.

Mod dom/power, but also be sure to mod dominance + power. IIRC healing is capped at dominance + restoration (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Do that and your healing numbers will go up quickly. Also be sure to distribute your SP as to get as much crit heal magnitude and crit heal chance too, although that goes without saying.

Mod as much sockets with power + dom as you can.
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well I have 6 resto/power, 2 dom/power, and will have 2 resto/prec

I guess reason for the thread is to see if anyone has done this and saw a difference vs doing it the norm way.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

There is a formula to calculate that. I knew it by memory but I forgot. Still, depends on the difference. On the long run it would make a difference, but from my calculations - also by head - you will notice like a 5% increase, which will be almost like 10% crit healing magnitude increase.

It doesn't sound much, but 10% more crit magnitude is always welcomed for me. Up to you to decide.
    • Like x 1
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Gear affinities dont have any crit anymore since revamp. Still modding mixed on blue and red will net a gain since the affinity is on all 4 sockets "Restoration" and the gain of a mix mod + affinity in resto is higher* than ignoring the affinity and modding a pure resto mod in there.

*higher as in the value is bigger but at the same time so small that the difference is pure min/maxing choice not relevant if you going to heal someone enough or not
    • Like x 3
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how would you suggest a healer mod now?
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

I meant crit gain as a product of allocating Skill Points.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Alphas in everything. :)

My water healer doesn't need the extra stats. Healing is not that same, to me at least. I play as a damage prevention. Rotate three shields and drop hots. I have a oh crap heal, but rarely use it. The shields may be a little stronger with mods, but my dude is around 200cr with very little skill points. I think I had enough to get the crits and a couple points into might and power.
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

Why don’t you mod pure resto in yellows? Is there a particular build your going for?

I mod...

Yellow: pure resto
    Red: might/power
    Blue: resto/health
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

with revamp came higgh power cost.
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I was wondering this as well.
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

So, wouldn’t modding more power help with that? How does Dom help with power? I’m genuinely asking because I am not sure how it all works now post revamp.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I mod:
    Red: Restoration/Might (switching back to Restoration/Precision)
    Yellow: Restoration
    Blue: Restoration/Power
    I get enough Dom from OP gear
  16. krytine Loyal Player

I have found getting about 300 to 500 dom with what ever resto you have helps alot with many things. Currently I am sitting with just under 300 and will have it up more
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm beta modded with red and blue affinities unlocked (resto/prec & resto/health). The content is too easy to bother about in-depth thoughts for what could be potencially the best modding results currently. But if, then pure resto in yellows, resto/prec or resto/might in red and resto/health in blues.
    • Like x 1
  18. MastaMind Dedicated Player

At the point that I realized Dom mattered I was already fully modded as resto. I basically just swapped my 1% type B affinity mod for dominance as I do get around 3k just from the OP pieces alone. I have been spending my SP into dom as well now that I have restoration capped. I do want to experiment with it, and I figure eventually whenever Goons Of Gotham equipment mods are released I can explore this idea better. One that that I have been doing though is using the bulldozer sodas instead of the resto ones. Just because I am pretty much maxed out on resto.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Depends on how you mod and what build you are going for.

Since essentially, all normal and elite content can be completed with 0 mods.

Since the revamp hybrid playstyle has not been fixed/ adjusted so I would say maximum power pool is the most essential secondary stat so going resto/power would be the smartest choice unless you want more damage in which you can use damage mods.

Power is also a stat that is affected by soders and supply drops which restore a flat percentage of your maximum power pool.

To where you have to ask yourself is it better to cast 1 heal and have alot of power left, or is it better to cast a heal that is <25% better with a small amount of power left.