Can everyone finally agree.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Oct 18, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That the revamp didn't bring balance? That the balance is even worse? Lowering dps across the board Don't equal balance
    • Like x 4
  2. Realsaiyin Active Player

I can't, sorry.
    • Like x 12
  3. Malachee Committed Player

This sounds like the new Star Wars trailer. :cool:
    • Like x 3
  4. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I agree that the revamp brought in some imbalances. However, DPS was adjusted to pre AM days where AM damage was over the top..as originally planned in the notes released by the devs on what they planned to do with the dps role. Even still, DPS back before AM/WM were still not hitting as hard as they do now.

Too bad they missed the boat on the other roles..trolls in particular.

Based on the result, I would say the focus on the revamp pertained mainly to the dps side of things, and left the other roles to "accept or push back." [Mepps quote]
    • Like x 3
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

It is my opinion that the Revamp brought powers more into balance and gave us more options than we had before (hello, Iconic Powers).

Do I think everything is perfect? Nope.

But I also believe that a game like this can never be perfectly balanced.
    • Like x 12
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ask again when they're done tweaking everything. It's a lot closer than it's been in a long time.
    • Like x 4
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Its not perfect but it's than am was. Nothing is as far off as nature and electric were.
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Balance is not worse considering electric and nature are actually playable again.

Its slightly better than what we had. Content balance needs work but we all knew that was happening since we saw the same thing in GU47 with content balance.
    • Like x 5
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Some things still need a fix like water's shark not crit when it should or Robot Sidekick not always being summoned correctly (gets destroyed when you try to resummon it). But the devs did say they will update powers. And they did and Mental/Sorcery are next.

The main thing I want to see is old content getting re-balanced. Some things have gotten harder now. I think after two episodes, you should be able to come back and finish old content feats much easier. But that's just me.
    • Like x 2
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

This is still better than AM days. Once we get more gear our damage will go up.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This is true, the max damage we can do has a limit but new gear increases that limit. Next DLC I bet there will be 30k crits more often when you're completely buffed. Right now, with a supply drop and nitro I can get crits varying from 20-28k. An Omega might push that over 30k, don't really know since I don't use Omegas.

Not counting the SC that do burst damage. Those hit harder than normal powers. I'm mainly comparing Burst Powers with Buff SCs when powered up. Not counting the OP hands either but the OP hands shouldn't make a major difference. They have like 130 more might. This is from a 212cr perspective.
    • Like x 1
  12. Surtur Well-Known Player

Give it a rest already. I don't know what game you are playing but the balance since the revamp is 100 times better than it was before. Is it perfect? Nope but I'll take this before that AM bs any day.
    • Like x 9
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Looking at the responses to this thread so far, it seems the answer to the thread's title is........that everyone doesn't agree with you.

There are still many issues but the balance is far better than it has been in years. AMs are what brought an imbalance in dmg, getting rid of them has brought things more to where they should be.
    • Like x 6
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

*Sighs*
    Another Anti-stats revamp thread by the same guy who thinks PFTT is easy mode and AM's aren't... :rolleyes:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/am-vs-pftt.291167/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/its-unofficial.291576/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/this-update.284741/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/revamp-testers.289739/

Need I say more?

It's one thing to make a single thread, but this thing has gone on all year long making one thread after another. And not a single thread is comprised of detailed feedback either; it's one small gradual complaint.

I'm sorry, but if this bothers you that much; you should begin looking for a different MMO to play.
    • Like x 4
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Jacob you signature makes me laugh because that exactly what I tend to think lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

This thread is kinda funny. Most answers are "its better then AMs." That isnt saying much because we all know how awful AMs and cr differential was. The game gets an improvement over the awful system it had and people praise it. Its like people around here are conditioned to accept mediocrity. Btw this is not directed at u philosophy. I could have quoted any of the numerous responses saying the same thing. I just picked one.

But idk how our damage will go up once we get more gear. As we get stronger so will the enemies we are fighting. We shouldnt want damage getting out of control. Thats what happened with AMs and gu47. And im sure none of us want that again.

Lastly i dont agree there is balance. There will never be true balance. There can be competitive balance and went originally went live as the revamp certainly wasnt that. It wasnt even close. And atm there are still power sets under performing. And it seems to take an awful long time to get all this stuff adjusted after a year was already spent on it :confused: There also has been detailed feedback posted on these forums showing imbalances. I guess we shall see what it all looks like 6 months to a year after the revamp has gone live. Thats if there isnt another revamp being planned :p
    • Like x 5
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

The powersets are more closely balanced in the damage role than they were pre-revamp.

But they have ruined my main role, controlling, so spectacularly, I have come to doubt whether they truly understood the role in the first instance.

If it were my decision therefore, I would reverse the revamp, personally.
    • Like x 2
  18. Saami Loyal Player

There is something wrong with your record. It sounds broken.
    • Like x 3
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Trolling is mainly about how much power you have not instead of how much vit you have. I see trolls still speccing into pure vit and maxing out vit. The real way to go is to max out Might/Power and put the rest into vit.
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I wouldnt say worse, but I'd say it is similar to what was in the game during AM times. Meaning there are 1-4 FoTM powers now like there were during AM era.

I agree, I never understood why things took so long to get attention especially after it took so long to come off of test servers, I mean I sort of get why but its still annoying for players. Its AM era all over again (some powers at the top, 1-3 at the bottom, the rest in middle)

IMO they should of focused on support roles 1st then moved on to DPS role. I know they'd never do this as DPS is majority of the player base but still. When has support roles came 1st or even gotten love really at all when they truly needed it and gotten it quickly. I cant remember a single time lol