Seems odd there's been nothing around.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by somethindarkside, Oct 18, 2017.

1. somethindarkside Well-Known Player

Mepps is finally back, But it just seems odd we haven't seen any news for the new episode or anything, if i am not mistaken the new episode was announced too be coming out in November.

Today is a Wednesday, October 18th, i assume we would hear some news about the new episode or maybe test going down but not nothing.

Just seems very very strange that the most one i see posting least in the Staff Post Tracker has been dcmegzilla.

kinda would like too see what's going on just very odd its been quiet.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

November has 30 days. Saying it releases in November doesn't mean November 1st. :)

We are probably a month away. Wait until the Halloween event is over. Then we will probably get a new live stream, as long as they aren't sick. ;)
    • Like x 5
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

My guess is it comes out after November 10-15th so they still have plenty of time to announce it or have a livestream.
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

They said in the timetable its sheduled for november. November has 30 days. They are not bound to release it in the first november week or close to it. They could release it on the last day in november and would be still on track just fine.
    • Like x 1
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would say they might be waiting after the october-november game haul. You know, all the RPGs and FPS that come out around this time of year. And then they get the last laugh when they launch the DLC right before December
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Justice League Movie due out 11/17.
    I'd expect a DCUO release very close to that date.
    Perhaps 11/15 or 11/16
    • Like x 5
  7. Malachee Committed Player

To all of you who reminded us that November has THIRTY DAYS....thank you for making this thread so educational. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

So does September, April and June, hope that helps
    • Like x 3
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Forecasting: Mepps always disappears from the Forums on the days leading up to a new Episode Livestream or new Announcement Livestream. Most likely an "All hands on deck" scenario, or getting things prepared for the stream. Its not odd, its good news.
    • Like x 1
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I expected it towards the end of November to be honest. Like the 29th to be precise. I actually thought they did announce that date somewhere but maybe I am just on drugs.

*Checks drug plate*

Oh yeah. I am definitely on drugs. Still, I would bet like 15 high fives on that date.
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I don't think it's so odd that there's not news on EP30, but I DO think it's been oddly quiet overall. I'm guessing the Quark vendor backlash, plus OP collection frustration plus the game seeming dead has the powers that be trying to figure out how to right the ship.
    • Like x 4
  12. Malachee Committed Player

*frantically taking notes* Wow...this game just keeps on giving! :cool:
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

14. Derio 15000 Post Club

• Like x 6
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Out of curiosity, why was the test server still up after the Halloween event went live? There was nothing on new there to test, so it only made it available as a completely free server, that just doesn't have time capsules, their styles, or feats. Before stats revamp testing, the test server would go down for long periods when there wasn't something to test. Will this practice resume? Or can we assume you are fine with people using the test server as their only server.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We generally try to keep the test server up unless we have a reason to have it down. This lets our most dedicated testers continue their testing even when the latest thing is past.
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

February has 28 days but every four years it has 29 days. So if you were born on the 29th you age slower than all other humans
    • Like x 3
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Do you have any plans to prevent/handicap using test as your only server? I'm not sure if you've seen some of the requests for certain things on test, but they've gotten a little out of hand. I won't go in to detail, but most of the requests provide no value add to meaningful testing of content, they're just "give me" type requests.

One suggestion was clearing test characters periodically. But I think there may have been a few other suggestions in one of the "give me" request threads.

Anyone truly testing will see it as a necessary evil, and hopefully it would discourage anyone else.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a guy in our league who was born on the 29th.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Just stop people are not widely playing on test to avoid paying your fake crusade is a fake crusade; test server is fine as is
    • Like x 3